Trades: Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnt do it. You should be trading Houli up to an elite mid, not a 6th mid. Whats the rest of your mids look like?

Thompson the Crows, N.Stevens, van Berlo, Palmer, Houli, Priddis.
Emerg: Jack, Ebert.

Now considering getting Ibbotson for Houli. Can't afford an elite mid.

Agreed. If you have to trade Houli, trade down to someone like Cotchin, giving you the cash to upgrade someone else to an elite. You should never trade for someone like Ibbo who has already risen in price so much.

My dilema for this week is whether to pull the trigger or whether hold off. There are two key changes that my team needs. Another gun forward and another gun centre. My team looks like this:

Backs: Cornes, Shaw, King, Burgoyne, Fisher, Milburn, Bradshaw, EMG: Proud, S.Selwood
Mids: Cross, Kornes, Hayes, Stevens, Palmer, Browne/Jack/Geary
Rucks: Cox, Simmonds, EMG: Kreuzer, Leunberger
Forwards: Didak, Chappy, B.J, J.Brown, Porps, Rioli, Jetta, EMG: Hansen, Sellar

So my two main problems are my 6th midfielder and my 7th forward (and the lack of playing emergencies in the backs and forwards...).
I think the main issue is to trade Jetta to a premium seeing as the 6th mid options are all better than him and there is a much higher turover of young mids.
My options are:
This week: Jack --> Myers
Jetta --> Pav/Buddy
or
Next week: Jack --> Cotchin (if he looks like holding his place)
Jetta -- > Riewoldt
I am leaning towards the second option at this stage because I will save more money and I think Cotchin may turn out to be a gun who can be a solid 6th mid for a while.
The advantages of the first option is that I get another gun in earlier and I think Myers is a safer bet to hold his spot than Cotchin and should still do pretty well for himself.
Any thoughts or advice would be awesome. Thanks :)

Excited for next week now.

I might be able to pull off Gamble > Valenti and Browne > Bartel.

Will be extremely close (have 70K in the bank).

Gamble is $210,000 with a low BE.
Browne $140,000 with a low BE.

Bartel is 430 with a high BE.

Take out the 70K (as that is how much Valenti will cost) and the difference is 80K.

Browne + Gamble's Change must be higher then Bartel's Change + 80K.
Hmmmm.

(Yes, I could just wait 2 weeks when Gamble and Browne will make it anyway, but I want it next week! :p)

what would u do. Mattner >> Gram(scotland/chapman)/Newman/Milburn
Njones >> (see gram)/Sewell/Goodes/Cooney ?

Excited for next week now.

I might be able to pull off Gamble > Valenti and Browne > Bartel.

Will be extremely close (have 70K in the bank).

Gamble is $210,000 with a low BE.
Browne $140,000 with a low BE.

Bartel is 430 with a high BE.

Take out the 70K (as that is how much Valenti will cost) and the difference is 80K.

Browne + Gamble's Change must be higher then Bartel's Change + 80K.
Hmmmm.

(Yes, I could just wait 2 weeks when Gamble and Browne will make it anyway, but I want it next week! :p)

Didn't you only get Browne last week?

Didn't you only get Browne last week?

Yep.

lol I won't be trading him next week, but perhaps the week after.

Would of make 110+ by then which ALMOST justifies his trade.
My mids have been letting me down and I just need another gun.

Stanton as a 6th centre would make my team complete bar injuries (which I have many trades for).

Rioli could be another upgrade target, but i'll be keeping him for at least 4 more weeks.

Ahh, Houli out ruins my plans. 15k short of Bartel :(

Will now have to do trade out Gamble (My nearest cash cow to peaking) for either Valenti or Davis and upgrade Houli to Bartel.
Then next week Rioli > Chapman.

Will then only have the two Freo mids in Palmer and Ibbotson to upgrade who are both scoring well atm.

looking to trade out Tippett and Rioli (even though i feel he may score a ton this week) for Chapman and Valanti

can someone just let me know if Valanti is capable to play the rest of the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hears a phone, call somebody who cares

Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn, Kangaroos, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St. Kilda, Sydney, West Coast, Western Bulldogs

Here's (not hears) a list of AFL clubs, support one that's played more than four finals.

How about this for a plan for this team. Currently ranked 153rd, 10 trades 171k in bank:

Shaw
Joncock
Gram
Goddard
Purgoyne
Waters
Kennelly
Wonna
Edwards

Cross
Hayes
Stanton
Stevens
Gibbs
Palmer
Houli
Browne

Cox
Symmonds
Kruez
West

J. Brown
S. Jonson
Franklin
Burton
Porps
Okeefe
Rioli
Tippet
Valenti

If my next two trades could be:

Houli -> Cotchin (can be next week)

Waters/Kennelly -> Myers (must be now, just cut my losses)

Would give me 530k+ in the bank for 5 big upgrades to upgrade the bolded players.

Would obviously be looking at the likes of Chad , Volt, Corey, Bartel etc.

Whaddaya reckon?

should have put this here then a new thread

Big league grudge match coming up!

Regardless if i make 2 trades i'll have 1 short in the backline

now i can bring in fisher (or anyone up to $344700) for kennelly and myers for proud

not sure how much of a value add long term fisher will be over kennelly and i hate trading out someone who may only miss a week

i'd then have guerra, symes (who i want to keep) and selwood on the bench

the other option is bringing in myers and another cheap defender for selwood and proud which would give me some back up in the backline for the rest of the year (hopefully) - the downside again is i don't see the value in bringing in players who you don't think will be in your best 22 without getting a big cash incentive

aarghhhh

if only i was playing someone useless i wouldn't trade at all - but it is a grudge match

now i can bring in fisher (or anyone up to $344700) for kennelly and myers for proud

not sure how much of a value add long term fisher will be over kennelly and i hate trading out someone who may only miss a week

the other option is bringing in myers and another cheap defender for selwood and proud which would give me some back up in the backline for the rest of the year (hopefully) - the downside again is i don't see the value in bringing in players who you don't think will be in your best 22 without getting a big cash incentive

aarghhhh

if only i was playing someone useless i wouldn't trade at all - but it is a grudge match
How much is Peter Burgoyne??

How much is Peter Burgoyne??

I can afford burgoyne by $300

but not sure he is that much better a points scorer than fisher - and goes missing a bit

next week i am cashing down masten and gamble/thompson which will leave me with 6 trades at about $350k left

I then plan on not trading for about 6 weeks

teamtempjd5.jpg

not the best dt'er. 3rd year now, real improvement this year. 541st atm. 10trades, 228k in bank. help please.

wasnt sure about waiting for chad and pfeiffer to make up 31k for next round but with pfeiffer not playing thinking just simple swap for s fisher.

anyone disagree? reason s fisher and not say jking or bock is taking into consideration my extremely weak emergencies so money will be an issue for me in future for tradin hill, jones & rioli.

thoughts really appreciated

I can afford burgoyne by $300

but not sure he is that much better a points scorer than fisher - and goes missing a bit

next week i am cashing down masten and gamble/thompson which will leave me with 6 trades at about $350k left

I then plan on not trading for about 6 weeks
Yeah.
Go Fisher mate

Best option from the following:
Murphy
Mitchell
Swan

Murph averaging highest, although whether it'll last all season, who knows?
Mitchell has averaged 105 barring the game in which he was injured, and can handle a tag.
Swan is my preferred option, as he's a proven DT elite - but I recall reading on here he might be playing with a groin? Can anyone clear that up?

Thoughts?

aarghhhh

Getting Myers for Proud too. My other trade looks likely to be Chapman in for Medhurst. Too sideways? I think Medhurst has served his purpose and could quite possibly put in occasional good scores, but Chapman is probably more likely to get good scores and for the $19,400 changeover cost I can't go past it.

That'll leave me with (this week):

C.Cornes, Shaw, Milburn, Gram, Wonaeamirri, Taylor, Myers (Symes, Spangher)
K.Cornes, Ablett, Cross, Stevens, Palmer, Houli (Bird, Browne)
Cox, Simmonds (Kruezer, West)
Chapman, Pavlich, B.Johnson, J.Brown, Riewoldt, Polplyzia, Deledio (Rioli, Tippett)
(11 Trades: $115,800 in bank)

Plan to trade next week:
Houli->Corey/Bartel
Bird->Cotchin

I'd say that'd shore up the Centres, Rucks, Forwards with decent front liners and 1 good backup and 1 ok one. Just need to sort out backs then.
Ideas there? Myers will be 8th back. Taylor will probably need to get traded up. Will only have about $28,000 at that stage. I really want to try and keep about 4 trades going into the last 4 rounds (finals), so that will leave me about 2/3 trades to fix the backs after next week and 2/3 trades reserved for long-term injuries to key players.

Getting Myers for Proud too. My other trade looks likely to be Chapman in for Medhurst. Too sideways? I think Medhurst has served his purpose and could quite possibly put in occasional good scores, but Chapman is probably more likely to get good scores and for the $19,400 changeover cost I can't go past it.

That'll leave me with (this week):

C.Cornes, Shaw, Milburn, Gram, Wonaeamirri, Taylor, Myers (Symes, Spangher)
K.Cornes, Ablett, Cross, Stevens, Palmer, Houli (Bird, Browne)
Cox, Simmonds (Kruezer, West)
Chapman, Pavlich, B.Johnson, J.Brown, Riewoldt, Polplyzia, Deledio (Rioli, Tippett)
(11 Trades: $115,800 in bank)

Plan to trade next week:
Houli->Corey/Bartel
Bird->Cotchin

I'd say that'd shore up the Centres, Rucks, Forwards with decent front liners and 1 good backup and 1 ok one. Just need to sort out backs then.
Ideas there? Myers will be 8th back. Taylor will probably need to get traded up. Will only have about $28,000 at that stage. I really want to try and keep about 4 trades going into the last 4 rounds (finals), so that will leave me about 2/3 trades to fix the backs after next week and 2/3 trades reserved for long-term injuries to key players.

great squad - just a reminder houli is out this week with a virus so bring in browne

...thoughts really appreciated
I'm pretty sure I've seen your team posted every week for the last month.
Asking for advice is fine, but its better when you make it specific.

In answer to your question, I'd consider upgrading Pfeiffer a priority. Fisher is not a bad option.
Next I'd want to downgrade Hill and then upgrade Rioli. The ideal trade would have been this week trading Hill to Playfair and then Rioli to Chapman, except that would mean a zero in your backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back