Trades: Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok in need some opinions so hopefully some can contribute to this.

I have a very weak midfield that needs upgrading but i can't do it this week. I have two options this week.

I had planned to get Chapman this week using only 1 trade but fell 7k short.

1. Symes to S. Fisher then Rioli to Chapman.
Pros
- Forward line is done
- will not get a 0 this week
Cons
- Virtually nothing left in the bank
- Two trades used to make no money. Going to need to pull a rabbit to upgrade to 2 premium mids in the future.

2. Schammer to Wellingham then Rioli to Chapman
Pros
- Forward line is done
- Have about 160k left to upgrade either Bird, Browne, Houli, Palmer

Cons
- Will cop another 0 in the backline
- Is Wellingham likely to play rest of the season? Leaving that last midfield position vulnerable.

Ok in need some opinions so hopefully some can contribute to this.

I have a very weak midfield that needs upgrading but i can't do it this week. I have two options this week.

I had planned to get Chapman this week using only 1 trade but fell 7k short.

1. Symes to S. Fisher then Rioli to Chapman.
Pros
- Forward line is done
- will not get a 0 this week
Cons
- Virtually nothing left in the bank
- Two trades used to make no money. Going to need to pull a rabbit to upgrade to 2 premium mids in the future.

2. Schammer to Wellingham then Rioli to Chapman
Pros
- Forward line is done
- Have about 160k left to upgrade either Bird, Browne, Houli, Palmer

Cons
- Will cop another 0 in the backline
- Is Wellingham likely to play rest of the season? Leaving that last midfield position vulnerable.

Option 1 no doubt. it doesnt matter if you didnt make any money with 2 trades. thats the idea of having money so you can upgrade players.

Option 1 no doubt. it doesnt matter if you didnt make any money with 2 trades. thats the idea of having money so you can upgrade players.

Cheers, i forgot to mention that i will be down to 10 trades. I like to sit on 6 for LTI's which means getting two Premium mids with using only 4 trades with nothing left in the bank will be extremely difficult.

Option one is very tempting given i will have no 0's and a strong forward line and backline. The midfield is horrible.

Cheers, i forgot to mention that i will be down to 10 trades. I like to sit on 6 for LTI's which means getting two Premium mids with using only 4 trades with nothing left in the bank will be extremely difficult.

Option one is very tempting given i will have no 0's and a strong forward line and backline. The midfield is horrible.

yes but a horrible midfield is alot easier to fix than a horrible backline.

This week:
In: Myers, Pav
Out: Jack, Jetta
or
Next week:
In: Cotchin, Riewoldt (maybe wait 2 weeks)
Out: Jack, Jetta

I am thinking the second trade as it will leave much more cash to upgrade to another premium mid sooner.

What do you think?

ok im a little confused on the next step in trades this week, i no i need to get rid of atleast one rookie that i have had since the start and upgrade one player

jus need some pointers/ ideas that i should do heres the side....

sic.jpg

ok im a little confused on the next step in trades this week, i no i need to get rid of atleast one rookie that i have had since the start and upgrade one player

I'd look to try and get Cox, or if you'd prefer to shy away from making your team like the masses, get Jeff White. Perhaps look at off loading one of the cash cows in your forward line for some extra cash.

Nice team.
The trades you want to thinking about to get cash are obviously.
Pfieffer --> Myers
Houli/Bird --> Cotchin/Myers/etc
Rioli --> Valenti
etc.

In terms of upgrading your team you would want to look at these trades next.
Kozi --> Cox
Someone --> Cornes in the backs in a couple of weeks
7th forward --> Chappy (this week)/Riewoldt (in a coupleof weeks)

You might want to think about Rioli to Chappy this week.
Houli/Bird --> Cotchin/Myers might give you the cash

ok thanks guys... never even thought of upgrading the rucks, i was always set on upgrading griffen and gram... ah well ill think about it

i think ill be doing houli - cotchin and then upgrade griffen to someone jus dnt no who

yeh im guna boot my middle

best picks out of

kane cornes, lenny hayes, bartel, corey ??? even chapman or save him for my rioli upgrade?

flip a coin out of bartel & corey. watch boomer harvey though. should be an awesome price next week (approx 370k).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im upgrading Houli to a premium.

Who would you go out of Swan and Mitchell (or anyone else below 410K).

Thinking Mitchell - if you take away the 42 he scored when he got injured, he is averaging 105ish. Plus he plays in a very inform Hawks team!

Thoughts?

Thinking Mitchell - if you take away the 42 he scored when he got injured, he is averaging 105ish. Plus he plays in a very inform Hawks team!

Thoughts?

seems like you want to go mitchell but swan is the obvious choice.

So why Swan then?? I really dont know which one to get!

to put it incredibly simply. he scores more points! as an added bonus if any of the collingwood midfield get injured that will increase swans TOG which will mean MASSIVE points.

What is the better option:
Get Pav this week or save some money and get Riewoldt in 1 or 2 weeks?

I have Jetta as my 7th forward at the moment... :(

Honesty wouldn't consider Riewoldt at all until proven his knee's are ok. If he has issues then I will be avoiding him until I see otherwise. So no Volt for me this year.

to put it incredibly simply. he scores more points! as an added bonus if any of the collingwood midfield get injured that will increase swans TOG which will mean MASSIVE points.

Yeah i see your point!

But a case can be made for Mitchell this year:

Mitchell avg (discounting the 42 he scored when injured) = 105
Swan avg = 101

Historically tho - Swan is better.

Cheers

Thoughts?

I keep looking at Sewell, I have him in Yahoo and Foxsports teams and is doing great, even selected him Capt this week..

so far - houli to cotchin - $191,700 in the kitty

now i have changed my mind on upgrading griffen as hes BE is low and he can reach it, and make back what he lost last week so he can wait another week..... (think thats ok?)

should i upgrade rioli to chappy ? or mayb upgrade gram ?

ahhh im so :S:S:S lol jus give me some ideas to work with

thanks heaps guys

so far - houli to cotchin - $191,700 in the kitty

now i have changed my mind on upgrading griffen as hes BE is low and he can reach it, and make back what he lost last week so he can wait another week..... (think thats ok?)

should i upgrade rioli to chappy ? or mayb upgrade gram ?

ahhh im so :S:S:S lol jus give me some ideas to work with

thanks heaps guys

I think the Rioli -> Chappy trade is the stock standard one this week and rightfully so.

Consider that Rioli's BE is 20 above Chappy's, meaning that this is about as close as the two are going to get in price. That Chappy is WAY below his value, he's one of the most prolific scoring forwards (also note: his scores don't rely on goals) in a team that gets it down there in any other, that also plays through the midfield. Most good teams will finish with him this year, get on while you can...

There are always going to be underpriced gun mids but underpriced genuine gun forwards can be harder to come by, for me it was a no-brainer this week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back