Trades that didn't get done

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, good luck with our pick 7 :)
To be honest, hearing that last year that there were plenty of talls going this year, I was happy that we could nab another tall or 2.
Now 12 months later, seeing that talls aren’t really that flash, and knowing that we need mids, I am pretty stoked.
We just gotta nail it with the 2 picks.

To be honest, hearing that last year that there were plenty of talls going this year, I was happy that we could nab another tall or 2.
Now 12 months later, seeing that talls aren’t really that flash, and knowing that we need mids, I am pretty stoked.
We just gotta nail it with the 2 picks.
Every year the super draft is next year. Not sure it is worth hanging out for it.

Tom Campbell and/or Lin Jong to Brisbane are two from our side that were discussed but never happened...

As much as I wasn't a fan of our final trades, we were also linked to Lobbe and Hartung as well in what would've given us two pair of players not to get excited about.

He didn't come from another planet, he was drafted just like everyone else (although not traditionally in his case).
Correct, but given Melbourne's position, a proven key forward in Hogan is far more valuable than draft picks (especially in this draft which is thin on kpfs).
Come on. If Hogan wanted to leave, you'd have to deal him for picks 2 and 5.
IF he wanted to leave. Which he didn't.

As much as I wasn't a fan of our final trades, we were also linked to Lobbe and Hartung as well in what would've given us two pair of players not to get excited about.

I never said they were good 'mooted' trades....

Jong is quite exciting to watch, right up to the point he has to kick it to a teammate.... He is a good set shot strangely....

Campbell is the quintessential backup big man. Not good enough to be #1, not expensive enough to discard out of hand...

But that's the premise of the question.

If Hogan wanted to leave, would 2 and 5 get it done?

Your response is "but he doesn't want to leave".

Yeah, that's not the point.
No, that wasn't the original question. The question I responded to was whether Melbourne would've traded Hogan for picks 2 and 5 if there was time left.
Hogan had the year from hell, and had he requested a trade, I assume it would have been done before pick 2 was even in the picture. But that didn't happen, so clearly he's happy at Melbourne, which brings me back to my initial point that I wouldn't trade away a gun player that doesn't want to leave for picks 2 and 5.

No, that wasn't the original question. The question I responded to was whether Melbourne would've traded Hogan for picks 2 and 5 if there was time left.
Yeah, but it goes without saying that he wouldn't be traded if he didn't want to go, doesn't it? Melbourne couldn't forcibly trade him nor would they.

So to respond to a question about Hogan's hypothetical trade value with "he doesn't want to leave" is obviously redundant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every year the super draft is next year. Not sure it is worth hanging out for it.
Exactly and the current one is always Poo from teams posters that have minimal picks in it.

Classic Internet/Big Footy logic 101!

If you only have 1 pick in the top 75, then that would probably be the case..........which is coincidentally the case for your club

anigif_sub-buzz-11986-1477505275-2.gif

We would of taken Francis but we've already got Tom Lynch and have reached our quota for ugly ass rangas.
That rules Adam Cooney out of an Adelaide coaching gig then

From all reports Francis has a personal trainer for the summer so hopefully it all clicks for him the guy has enormous talent.
So did Jake Stringer but his focus was on 3-minute cardio sessions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back