Remove this Banner Ad

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Browns, Clips, Renegades
Only the one special for tomorrow, get on boys and girls..

Stawell race 6 #2 Scatter Blast - This horse has ran placings in the city against much better horses than these, Seemingly likes a heavy track.. He gets a good tempo for him in this race via there being plenty of speed up front. Only danger in the race is #3 IMO.

Alright lads and girls

Warrnambool race 6 #8 Hell Of An Effort - has been racing well apart from a forget run last time out, Get's weighted well and the tempo will suit, nobody will challenge for the lead and she will have it her own way. Great Value at $7.

Hey guys, I'm going to be doing write ups for meetings in Melbourne and Sydney on Wednesdays and Saturdays and any meetings that have listed races involved in them throughout the week in a hope to get noticed as a budding young journalist.

Would appreciate constructive feed back and hopefully you guys can get some winners if you follow me in, or it just gives you something to read.

Melbourne’s main meeting for this Wednesday will be at Bendigo, with an eight race card. The weather seems to be nice with the bureau of meteorology predicting a top of seventeen degrees and a lot of sun around. The track is likely to be a Good 4 with the rail true for the entire circuit.

Race 1:

We start off the day as per usual with a maiden over the 1300m. Most punters should be able to narrow this down to a two horse race here in the first but I am siding with MICKEY BLUE EYES. This Colt ran really well in the Clarendon a few starts back when just missing against Graff which is turning out to be brilliant form lines for most races, even more so for a mid-week meeting at Bendigo. The Hayes and Bayliss combination inspires confidence too, anything better than odds on is complete value. Forever popular PRINCE OF CAVIAR is next best here and could provide an upset. He should be able to sit off what looks to be a really fast tempo up front and be hitting the line hard after being pretty close in his first two outings.

Recommended bet: Win bet on #8 Mickey Blue Eyes

Race 2:

The second on the card here at Bendigo is another maiden, this time over the mile with set weights. This is an extremely open race with five or six live chances but I’m siding with HIGH BEAM. This Darren Weir trained Filly has already beaten home a few in this race and is racing pretty well for a race like this with a few placings as of late. She should get a good run just behind the leaders from barrier four and looks ready to peak in her preparation being third up and getting out to the mile. Hard to hold out. BLACK BLISS could be one at value that runs a good race here, hasn’t raced against much but has been hitting the line really well and will relish getting out to the mile for the first time.

Recommended bet: I would be leaving this race alone personally but if forced would go with a win bet on #13 High Beam.

Race 3:

It’s the end of the maidens here in the third race, with a benchmark 70 over the mile. There is three chances in this race but I’m really liking SHE’S SENSATIONAL. This filly is a really smart one to my eye, her last two starts have been very impressive, coming from last at Geelong showing blistering speed to come over the top of them to win, and then backing it up at Flemington finishing fifth coming home steadily. She’s had a two month let up and this race looks ideal for her to come back in. YULONG METEOR was a really good winner last start in an average race at Geelong, might need to improve off that, and SIZZLEME was running against some quality horses like Vassilator last preparation and wasn’t disgraced, an outside hope.

Recommended bet: Win bet on #3 she’s Sensational

Race 4:

Another race over the mile here, this time a Benchmark 64, handicap. Pretty open race here with four or five decent chances, however MERCHANT OF VENICE looks the most appealing here. The beautifully bred Colt (Out of So You Think) was mightily impressive in his first career race sitting three wide the trip and still trouncing them. The fact he sat three and four wide is the reason I think he will have no problems seeing out the mile and he should be fitter for that first run. Was on UNION DUES last time where she sat wide the whole trip on pace and was really given no chance, has an exciting turn of foot when she is at her best and she could show that here today. TIGEEN next best.

Recommended bet: win bet on #10 Merchant of Venice.

Race 5:

The fifth on the card is a Class 1 handicap over the 1400m and it is an extremely open affair. MURLESS is my on topper here though, he has brilliant form lines for a race like this, winning pretty well on debut at Echuca and then following up by running only a length away to Fighting Harada and Smart Ellisim. Drawn well (3) and will look to roll forward with a race with no early speed. HOCHADEL is always close and has finally drawn a good barrier (2) and not the grandstand like he’s been accustomed to this preparation. Has good enough form for this race. RUOMAZA and MISS DAMITA are the unknown quantities in the race and neither would surprise.

Recommended bet: Would leave this race alone but if you’re keen a win bet on #10 Murless.

Race 6:

The only staying event on the card comes here in the sixth and it’s also where my best of the day comes from. The old fashioned two horse race is what we have here and I’m extremely keen on FONTEIN LAD. He has been racing incredibly well against a lot of the same horses that he faces here today, barrier eight is probably ideal as he should be able to sit midfield and come home really strongly. Will absolutely love the big Bendigo straight, plenty of time to wind up. MR SHERIDAN is the only other danger here, beat the statesman home last start in South Australia who Fontein Lad couldn’t get past at Flemington and should really appreciate the step up in distance to the mile and a half and will be running on strongly.

Recommended bet: pretty big win bet on #4 Fontein Lad.

Race 7:

The feature race of the day comes here in the seventh with a benchmark 84 over 1000m. PREZADO looks very hard to beat here, he is taking a massive step down in grade here, coming off finishing a length behind Bandipur and last preparation racing a length behind Nature Strip. Has a brilliant record over 1000m which is vital in these races, will be hard to hold out. HOLY BLADE is probably the only other danger in the race but drawing the grandstand, even though it is a sprint, still worries me. Brilliant record at the distance and down in grade gives it a chance.

Recommended bet: Win bet on #3 Prezado.

Race 8:

Back with another edition of the “get out” stakes, this time at Bendigo with a benchmark 70 over 1300m. Pretty confident that EL QUESTRO will run a really good race here. She was incredibly unlucky not to win last start where she couldn’t get clear running the whole way down the straight which was in a similar race than this. Looks to have been given some favours today drawing barrier eight and being the bottom weight. Hard to hold out. BLACK SAIL and BLAZEJOWSKI are the two next best and are both down in grade compared to previous runs.

Recommended bet: Each way bet on #13 El Questro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back