Trading Bots

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does anyone have experiences with trading bots? I have a couple of Spot Grid bots running on Kucoin for KDA and am getting decent results so far, especially given the market dump yesterday. I have found a narrower price range and 10-20 orders generates decent grid profits, with my grid APRs sitting ~300% on both.

Does anyone have experiences with trading bots? I have a couple of Spot Grid bots running on Kucoin for KDA and am getting decent results so far, especially given the market dump yesterday. I have found a narrower price range and 10-20 orders generates decent grid profits, with my grid APRs sitting ~300% on both.
What kind of profits are you getting, and are they easy to set up?

Ok thanks.. Just doing KYC on Kucoin and going to have a closer look.
I think it's a great time to get in on the Spot Grid bot, even with the top 10 coins, since the buy prices are a bit lower and it appears the bottom is in for now. I would experiment with smaller amounts first to figure out what parameters work for you best, or simply copy the best performing bots (there is a leaderboard for returns over the last 7 days which you can copy).

I think it's a great time to get in on the Spot Grid bot, even with the top 10 coins, since the buy prices are a bit lower and it appears the bottom is in for now. I would experiment with smaller amounts first to figure out what parameters work for you best, or simply copy the best performing bots (there is a leaderboard for returns over the last 7 days which you can copy).
Sorry another question. Using KDA as an example, its up 12 odd % in the last 4 hours. I'm guessing if your bot is grid trading through that time period you've made less than if you were just holding the coin? In a bullsih market you may make less than just holding? But is a sideways situation you might make more.. Am i reading that correct?

Sorry another question. Using KDA as an example, its up 12 odd % in the last 4 hours. I'm guessing if your bot is grid trading through that time period you've made less than if you were just holding the coin? In a bullsih market you may make less than just holding? But is a sideways situation you might make more.. Am i reading that correct?
The bots will definitely work better over a long timeframe, as they can still make you profits even when the market is sideways as you said (you would have a narrow price range and allow it to execute heaps of small trades). Basically, it executes a buy order at a certain price (based on your price range), and then will take a profit at a certain price point (depending on the number of orders to programmed it to complete). However yes, as it isn't using your full investment for each trade, you may miss out on profits in major pumps.

An example of one of the bots open orders is below:

1637133211953.png

And order history:

1637133251054.png

Another benefit of the bot The Dice Man is that if I had just bought KDA spot in a bulk amount, my average buy price (as I have bought at about 21 bucks and 18 bucks), would average out to the current price. That would mean my gains are zero. However, as my bots have been running for a few days, I have nearly 70 bucks in grid profits already. The floating PNL will start to tick up once the price does, same as if I had bought spot.

Another benefit of the bot The Dice Man is that if I had just bought KDA spot in a bulk amount, my average buy price (as I have bought at about 21 bucks and 18 bucks), would average out to the current price. That would mean my gains are zero. However, as my bots have been running for a few days, I have nearly 70 bucks in grid profits already. The floating PNL will start to tick up once the price does, same as if I had bought spot.
Are you holdings of KDA increasing at the same time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stopped my last remaining KDA bot, volume has dropped right off and the chart looks terrible for the short term. Finally got in on the $GALA action, paying off so far (volume is good and managed to buy after a pullback overnight):

1637547135596.png

Plenty of money to be made in the metaverse/gaming tokens atm, seems to be a couple of new ones trending each week.

Stopped my last remaining KDA bot, volume has dropped right off and the chart looks terrible for the short term. Finally got in on the $GALA action, paying off so far (volume is good and managed to buy after a pullback overnight):

View attachment 1285045

Plenty of money to be made in the metaverse/gaming tokens atm, seems to be a couple of new ones trending each week.
You're right, there's coins popping off everywhere very fast and Im missing them all.

You're right, there's coins popping off everywhere very fast and Im missing them all.
Need to be careful with them though. The $GALA bot was up nearly 5% within the first hour I started it, I'm now down 5%. These tokens are more volatile than the blue chips, which is great when they're pumping, but they can equally dump as hard. $GALA is at a decent support level now of 35 cents if you're keen to try it out.

Need to be careful with them though. The $GALA bot was up nearly 5% within the first hour I started it, I'm now down 5%. These tokens are more volatile than the blue chips, which is great when they're pumping, but they can equally dump as hard. $GALA is at a decent support level now of 35 cents if you're keen to try it out.
I'll skip that for now. It could drop back to the low ,20s if BTC has a shitty week.

I'll skip that for now. It could drop back to the low ,20s if BTC has a shitty week.
Absolutely, any sort of relief bounce to above 40 cents (which happened in like half an hour this morning) and I will exit my bot, unless the rest of the market is showing strength. However, these gaming tokens sometimes pump even when the rest of the market looks like s**t.

Im on a train to Paris with bad tethering but * it.. I aped in with 300 at ,368

Not been a bad trade so far(touch wood). Up 13% since I bought. I kinda thought it may go back to it's support line around .34-35 cents, but it could equally pop off too. I had no internet more or less all day after that trade, then was walking around Paris. Kind of good to be able to leave it alone and check in when I could. If BTC doesnt * around too much .35c could be a good, strong support for GALA.

Nice call(again, touch wood) on something that had already pumped.

Not been a bad trade so far(touch wood). Up 13% since I bought. I kinda thought it may go back to it's support line around .34-35 cents, but it could equally pop off too. I had no internet more or less all day after that trade, then was walking around Paris. Kind of good to be able to leave it alone and check in when I could. If BTC doesnt fu** around too much .35c could be a good, strong support for GALA.

Nice call(again, touch wood) on something that had already pumped.
It seems to basically be ranging between 0.35-0.45 cents. I stopped my bot from yesterday in slight profit as I had my range and number of orders set too high and my grid profits were terrible. Will start one up again today with a super tight range and only 20 orders.

It seems to basically be ranging between 0.35-0.45 cents. I stopped my bot from yesterday in slight profit as I had my range and number of orders set too high and my grid profits were terrible. Will start one up again today with a super tight range and only 20 orders.
So in the end what did you profit or lose from the bot today? I've let the trade ride and it's about 7,6% ( bought around ,367 (I think.. could be wrong...been a very long day).. But it would be interesting to compare. I've let mine sit and at one stage was over 14%..I think.. I dunno. Coulda been. Maybe not. * who cares.

So in the end what did you profit or lose from the bot today? I've let the trade ride and it's about 7,6% ( bought around ,367 (I think.. could be wrong...been a very long day).. But it would be interesting to compare. I've let mine sit and at one stage was over 14%..I think.. I dunno. Coulda been. Maybe not. fu** who cares.
Ended up stopping it this morning at breakeven, but if I was up at 3am I would've stopped it when it hit 43 cents (I was out at just under 40). The parameters I had setup were not generating great grid profits, so I started a new one this morning with a range of 0.36-0.50 and 15 orders. Hard to tell how this one will perform until I get back into the positives on my PNL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back