List Mgmt. Trading pick 3 - Who wants it???

Which club are we dealing with?

• Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• North Melbourne

• West Coast

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you can’t be under 95% but who would be on big Money? Also here did the Lynch and May money go? There are a real shambles, if a player is to leave. The new club will have to match current salary

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I haven't the faintest clue, but it's fair to say there's some mediocre players earning far more than they should.

Hmm not sure to be honest. I can see the argument for keeping the pick

I can also see the benefit of using it for Luko. But that would be the only player I would use it on.

If you forecast that a pick 3 gets a 10 year player then getting Luko guarantees that for the AFC. and not to cast aspersions on an Ash or Young but can you say they stay here for 10?

The other thing to think of long term is we may have a pick in a similar range next year. Do we forecast 2 top 5 picks driving the club forward for the next 10?

Any reason why Jones is not highlighted and Max King & Rankine are highlighted given they haven't even played a game?
Some pretty handy ones not highlighted too....Hunter Clark, Adam Cerra and Andrew Brayshaw are all looking the goods to my eye in only their 2nd year.

True that, you'd think the club would've already thrown some huge offers at him given the rumours about Rankines deal.

The Suns are under cap pressure so they say, so I wonder if his manager has already indicated to us he might be interested should we throw a deal at him.
Sorry to intrude, however, would be interested where you heard we are under salary cap pressure? We offloaded a lot of people last year to fix up our salary cap issues, and we will be offloading further people (like Martin) this year who would take further pressure off. We are looking at bringing in a few mature players this year which would indicate that we aren't under that much pressure. Do with that what you will :)

Sorry to intrude, however, would be interested where you heard we are under salary cap pressure? We offloaded a lot of people last year to fix up our salary cap issues, and we will be offloading further people (like Martin) this year who would take further pressure off. We are looking at bringing in a few mature players this year which would indicate that we aren't under that much pressure. Do with that what you will :)
Pretty much every media scribe has told us so, and I'm very reliably informed Izak Rankine would be the highest paid 0 gamer in history.

No one wants to go there, and no one stays there..... it makes sense you'd have to overpay.

Pretty much every media scribe has told us so, and I'm very reliably informed Izak Rankine would be the highest paid 0 gamer in history.

No one wants to go there, and no one stays there..... it makes sense you'd have to overpay.
I haven't about our wage bill this year nearly bursting like last year. However, I don't want to get in an argument on your board over it and my club, have a good evening.

Hmm not sure to be honest. I can see the argument for keeping the pick

I can also see the benefit of using it for Luko. But that would be the only player I would use it on.

If you forecast that a pick 3 gets a 10 year player then getting Luko guarantees that for the AFC. and not to cast aspersions on an Ash or Young but can you say they stay here for 10?

The other thing to think of long term is we may have a pick in a similar range next year. Do we forecast 2 top 5 picks driving the club forward for the next 10?

No matter what happens we must keep our future 1st and have no desire to trade or swap with almost every Club.

We will be a bottom 6 club next year, next year is Year 1 of a rebuild.

No matter what happens we must keep our future 1st and have no desire to trade or swap with almost every Club.

We will be a bottom 6 club next year, next year is Year 1 of a rebuild.
Not even JJ + pick 3 for pick 2? he has shown to be a really big sook this year.

Not even JJ + pick 3 for pick 2? he has shown to be a really big sook this year.

If this was the 2018 Superdraft then yes. Also I dont think any Club would do this trade, by any I mean Melbourne. Garry Lyon laughed at it on Fox Footy.

If this was the 2018 Superdraft then yes. Also I dont think any Club would do this trade, by any I mean Melbourne. Garry Lyon laughed at it on Fox Footy.
Goodwin needs a bump in performance in 2020 and they desperately need a mature forward to help him do that, they already have an a lot of young potential A grade midfielders, don't need another one in the AFL system for 2 years.....that's what I hope anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon can laugh all he wants but it depends if Melbourne themselves are into Jenkins as has been mentioned by a poster on here. If that is the case, that should be the play we make. Jenkins is something Melbourne don't have - a genuine forward that has a record of kicking goals throughout his career and can pinch hit in ruck

Goodwin needs a bump in performance in 2020 and they desperately need a mature forward to help him do that, they already have an a lot of young potential A grade midfielders, don't need another one in the AFL system for 2 years.....that's what I hope anyway.
Brayshaw might be heading to Freo, Jones is on his last legs, Viney always seems to get injured, Petracca hasn't come on. They could do with Jenkins but I don't think they'd want to lose out on one of the top two.

Last edited:
Brayshaw might be heading to freo, Jones is on his last legs, Viney always seems to get injured, Petracca hasn't come on. They could do with Jenkins but I dont think they wont to lose out one of the top two.
If Brayshaw does end up heading to Fremantle then I can't see them trading pick 2.

Brayshaw might be heading to Freo, Jones is on his last legs, Viney always seems to get injured, Petracca hasn't come on. They could do with Jenkins but I don't think they'd want to lose out on one of the top two.
No way Melb are trading pick 2. The worked too hard losing games to give it up.
Would trade pick 3 for 7 and 12. Then bundle 7 and 21 for pick pick 5. We turn pick 3 and 21 into 5 and 12. Could then bundle pick 12 and a player with value for pick 8ish. End up with 5 and 8. Essentially would turn 3, 21 and a player into 5 and 8.

Even for just a 1 pick downgrade...
Not when the top 2 are better players.

I reckon they'll go the "Adelaide" route and top up thinking they're a flag chance next year.

Not when the top 2 are better players.

I reckon they'll go the "Adelaide" route and top up thinking they're a flag chance next year.
Experience tall forward who can go into the ruck to give Gawn a rest is actually the type of player they need to top up like we did (their tall forward line is s**t as), the 2 stand-out are both midfielders who have potential to be gun midfielders in the system for a few year, they already have them in young Oliver, Brayshaw and Petracca (to some extent). If Brayshaw does request a trade, I can't see them trading pick 2.

Experience tall forward who can go into the ruck to give Gawn a rest is actually the type of player they need to top up like we did (their tall forward line is s**t as), the 2 stand-out are both midfielders who have potential to be gun midfielders in the system for a few year, they already have them in young Oliver, Brayshaw and Petracca (to some extent). If Brayshaw does request a trade, I can't see them trading pick 2.

You think petracca and Angus Brayshaw are gun midfielders?

I’ll have what your smoking, cause you’re tripping balls

Angus Brayshaw very well could be, finished 3rd in the Brownlow last year.

Petracca looks like he will never fulfill the talent

We keep pick 3 and get a gun mid. Have a lousy 2020, let Crouch go as a RFA, and get a bonus pick. Let’s say that gives us two top 5 picks, do we then give the free one to GC for Luko?

We keep pick 3 and get a gun mid. Have a lousy 2020, let Crouch go as a RFA, and get a bonus pick. Let’s say that gives us two top 5 picks, do we then give the free one to GC for Luko?
Seeing how Wingard and a couple other Dylan Shiel, Gov have all asked for trades while under contract so they can max out and get that guaranteed money earlier. Players don't really want to risk getting injured especially B.Crouch, he will want to lock in on a pay day after having maybe his best season. I wouldn't match anything over 500k, my guess is a team will offer him 700k per year and the Crows will crap them selves and offer him that much per year till the end of 2025. i'd rather trade him.

Back