Trading the #1 pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon has pick 1.

It would be justice if the afl came out and awarded Brisabane a Priority Pick prior to pick 1.
They could use the rationale that Brisabane have lost too many players, have performed poorly and essendons position isn't a true indicator given their returning players next season.
A little ironic, but Brisabane probably deserve it at essendons expense. I wouldn't be against it happening. I wonder how all the other clubs would feel about it.

It would be justice if the afl came out and awarded Brisabane a Priority Pick prior to pick 1.
They could use the rationale that Brisabane have lost too many players, have performed poorly and essendons position isn't a true indicator given their returning players next season.
A little ironic, but Brisabane probably deserve it at essendons expense. I wouldn't be against it happening. I wonder how all the other clubs would feel about it.

Screw how the other clubs would feel, I'd love it. ;)

But until that happens, it's still Essendon's and I'm not holding my breath.

Essendon wooden spooners and miss out on pick 1?

QONVIyz.gif

Yeah maybe we could keep the discussion on topic about trading the number 1 pick that we have and not wether other scenarios which won't happen such as AFL stripping us of pick 1 or priority picks etc etc.
The AFL have stated that NO further sanctions will occur.

Yeah maybe we could keep the discussion on topic about trading the number 1 pick that we have and not wether other scenarios which won't happen such as AFL stripping us of pick 1 or priority picks etc etc.
It wouldn't be a sanction against Essendon, more so a leg up for Brisbane.

But, I see you point.

Great trade scenario - Win win for all clubs

Essendon trade pick 1 and pick 27 (Hibberd pick) to Gold Coast for pick 4 and pick 8.
Essendon then trade pick 4, pick 37, pick 55 and 2017 2nd rounder to Gold Coast for Jaeger O' Meara (Great result for GC for O' Meara)
Essendon turn pick 1, Hibberd, pick 37, pick 55 and 2017 2nd rounder into Jaeger O' Meara and pick 8.
Bombers take pick 8, 19 and 72 to the draft

Essendon trade pick 1 and pick 27 (Hibberd pick) to Gold Coast for pick 4 and pick 8.
Essendon then trade pick 4, pick 37, pick 55 and 2017 2nd rounder to Gold Coast for Jaeger O' Meara (Great result for GC for O' Meara)
Essendon turn pick 1, Hibberd, pick 37, pick 55 and 2017 2nd rounder into Jaeger O' Meara and pick 8.

i wouldnt be trading s**t for JOM until he passes a strenuous physical.

Not interested in getting another scott gumbleton thanks

All clubs? Not really.

The point I raised has merit in discussions pertaining to trading pick 1. If a PP was awarded it changes things quite a bit. If it doesn't suit your agenda that's tough. We're all talking hypotheticals in any case. I'm not sure that any opinions, guesses or hypothesising will change the actual outcome.
It's not a sanction against the bombers. If they believe Brisabane are deserving of it, they'll award it on the merits of the case put to them.

Essendon wooden spooners and miss out on pick 1?

QONVIyz.gif

Could not care less. In fact i hope they do give Brisbane a priority pick. There record says they need one. Pick 3 is still a good pick and we still have pick 1 in the PSD for potential leverage. As for the spoon. Who cares. Had to suspend 5 of our best 10 players to put us in the running for it.

Would sooner keep 1 19 and 27 myself. O'Meara is a serious risk. Seriously good player but can not get on the park. Would rather stick to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane trade pick 1 to get O'Meara and he still stuck in Queensland ?
Unlikely but lot of water to go under the bridge in next few months.
Stranger things have happened.

I think anything with Brisbane getting O'Meara is predicated upon the PSD, and even if a pie in the sky PP eventuated for Brisbane it wouldn't affect the PSD order - that's still Essendon's.

You missing the part where he HAS to agree to go there. He will enter the ND not the PSD as he is delisting himself.
He can enter the PSD.

You missing the part where he HAS to agree to go there. He will enter the ND not the PSD as he is delisting himself.

You can enter just the PSD if you delist yourself. Jed Lamb and Zac Dawson have both done it in recent years.

You can enter just the PSD if you delist yourself. Jed Lamb and Zac Dawson have both done it in recent years.
Tippett too.

Tippett too.

Tippett is a special case given the way AFL forced matters through there, so I don't really include him in any list of examples of anything.

Gold Coast already have six picks in the top 30, if the Prestia for pick 6 happens that will be seven. They will be looking for players (not more picks) for O'Meara doubt they would even get to use picks 37 and 55 Reckon GC17 will be asking a lot of questions about Laverde why wouldn't they given he hasn't signed yet.

Has anyone heard that Essendon were into Brandon Matera earlier in the year? Any way he is involved if Bombers go to the table for JOM?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back