Trading Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Louie22

Debutant
May 30, 2004
Other Teams
Carlton
This week is a real opportunity for the Carlton football to make a statement that we're not going to get bent over regarding the Thornton and possible Russell trade. I will be so disappointed if we don't get pick 24 and 33 for Thornton and pick 21 for Russell.

Potentially we could have picks 1. 17,19, 21, 24, 33, 35

Saw on a melbourne FC form tha they might want Wiggins..
Any thugh on what he would be worth..... if anything.

Also an hnest opinion of Bentick.
Up to AFL standard?

*VInSaiN* said:
Saw on a melbourne FC form tha they might want Wiggins..
Any thugh on what he would be worth..... if anything.

Also an hnest opinion of Bentick.
Up to AFL standard?

Wiggins would be worth very little, maybe a late 3rd rounder at best. We will keep him.

Betick is up to AFL standard. Isn't flashy, but always gives 110% and will always be found at the bottom of the pack. Is a great tackler. Will be a good servant to the club, I can see him playing for the Blues for quite a few years. Probably a 150 game player.

Louie22 said:
This week is a real opportunity for the Carlton football to make a statement that we're not going to get bent over regarding the Thornton and possible Russell trade. I will be so disappointed if we don't get pick 24 and 33 for Thornton and pick 21 for Russell.

Potentially we could have picks 1. 17,19, 21, 24, 33, 35

I think we could certainly get #24 & #33 from the Hawks for T-Bird, but not sure we could get #21 for Russell.

Certainly not out of the realms of possibility we could end up with those picks though.

HugeBluesFan said:
I think we could certainly get #24 & #33 from the Hawks for T-Bird, but not sure we could get #21 for Russell.

Certainly not out of the realms of possibility we could end up with those picks though.

Lets hope so

HugeBluesFan said:

There's been quite a bit of talk about picking up #24 and #33 for Thornton. Here's what those picks got in previous years:

#24 Cleve Hughes (RIC)
#33 Sam Gilbert (STK)

#24 Nathan Van Berlo (ADE)
#33 Cain Ackland (STK)

#24 Chad Jones (KAN)
#33 Jed Adcock (BRI)

#24 Paul Johnson (MEL)
#33 Brad Murphy (WBD) - now delisted

#24 Steve Johnson (GEE)
#33 David Rodan (RIC)

Not a lot to get excited about. Steve Johnson in '01 - the draft most similar in talent to this, is the only one who i'd compare to Thornton and would still not be rated as valuable as him. Van Berlo should be a gun also.

I don't think it's enough though. Very unlikely both picks will give us a ten year player, maybe 1 will if we're lucky.

I'd much rather one top 13 pick than 2 picks beyond #23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back