Trading with Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

With Essendon most likely desperate to enter the draft, it could be a good opportunity to find a talented, disgruntled player who might want out? And hey, we do have some pretty decent history trading for rucks from the Bombers ...

That might be true if we were looking at a high pick ourselves, but as we're currently top of the pops, I don't see it as a likely option.

The only players they have that I'd want for the Hawks are Goddard (can't afford), Watson (can't afford and probably will be suspended), Heppell (bigger Quads than Lewis, so will probably be suspended) and Zaharakis (hopefully didn't take part in 'St Hirdy's Safe Supplement Programme'. Would love Zaharakis playing for the Hawks instead of the scum.

If we got Goddard, I would go support the Gold Coast.

That's how much I don't want Goddard at Hawthorn.

All he does is rack up cheap possies when the game is done. Doesn't show any leadership and is getting on in age to.

We need to focus on young mids, not ageing seagulls.

Zaharakis would be a good option. If I recall Emma Quayle's book correctly, Hawthorn looked pretty hard at Zaharakis before Clarkson instructed the recruiters to take Dew.

As much as most of us are (likely) revelling in the fact those cheating Scumbags have been penalised - is this a good opportunity to pilfer their list for value?

I've always been one to look at a negative situation to find value - and this seems like as good an opportunity as ever. Obviously dependent on the players being cleared, someone like Bellchambers would be an excellent addition to our team - particularly if we can get him for a low-ball bid.

With Essendon most likely desperate to enter the draft, it could be a good opportunity to find a talented, disgruntled player who might want out? And hey, we do have some pretty decent history trading for rucks from the Bombers ...

And have him sit on the sideline for 2 years? Are you kidding me?

Zaharakis would be a good option. If I recall Emma Quayle's book correctly, Hawthorn looked pretty hard at Zaharakis before Clarkson instructed the recruiters to take Dew.

Yep, in 07 Pelchen wanted to pick him up with pick 45(last pick)....Clarkson overruled ended up picking Dew, Essendon picked him up the following year with pick 22.

I like Zaharakis I reckon he would be an ideal fit and is the exactly the type of player you would want to have at the club going forward. A good young inside/outside midfielder with plenty of pace and can also be a damaging half forward flanker and is a proven match winner. Would happily take Zaharakis at the Hawks in a heartbeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zarharakis is on the record as not signing the consent form or accepting any injections.
What do people think of him?

Would love a Zatharakis type at the Hawks. And on a side note, I would have been in the same boat as David. Im petrified of needles.

Heard about this as well. Clarko was fairly in favour of Stuwy Dew on draft day, and turned out to be a masterstroke as he basically won us the 08 grand final of his left boot. Pelchan at the time was strongly in favour of recruiting Zaharakis but caved to the coaches demands.

My theory is that the Hawks must have had a word in his ear at the time to say that they were interested. Depending on the how he feels right now, and whether he would want to stick around that toxic culture out there at Essendon, it would be foolish not to ask the question. Even if he's contracted.

Would fit right into the midfield rotation / half forward type role, switching with bruest, pop, w-x and rioli.

Alrighty! Heres what we're going to do right! We're gonna trade good old Carl here to the scums. Only to get close to them and become real friendly, if ya know what i mean ;) After a couple months of earning their trust, me and Amos Frank are gonna do a boot up the stinker. Accusing them of using drugs again. We'll get all their decent players and the rest of 'em will go to s**t. Done and dusted mates.

"We love you Carl, we do. We love you Carl, we do. We love you Carl, we do. We love you Carl, yes we do!"

Alrighty! Heres what we're going to do right! We're gonna trade good old Carl here to the scums. Only to get close to them and become real friendly, if ya know what i mean ;) After a couple months of earning their trust, me and Amos Frank are gonna do a boot up the stinker. Accusing them of using drugs again. We'll get all their decent players and the rest of 'em will go to s**t. Done and dusted mates.

"We love you Carl, we do. We love you Carl, we do. We love you Carl, we do. We love you Carl, yes we do!"

You have some serious issues.

Hey, Carl, we don't really love you.

Are you still friends with Lenny?

This is a tuff one .. 50/50 on this

Part of me says ... this is business - if we can get a good deal, grab it and run!

BUT (and this is a HUGE f'ing but!) .. If we got an Essesdon player, and he got suspended by WADA down the tracking for doping ... I'd be really dark ... knowing we saw this coming ..and still took the risk

Keeping in mind .. And correct me if I'm wrong, the MINIMUM penalty WADA hand out for doping is 2 years???

It's a gamble .. No doubt in my mind

Remove this Banner Ad

Back