Traditional league Powerhouse pulls apart football newcomers

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 22, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In one of Ports traditional displays of Powerhouse football they allowed a relative newcomer, WCE est 1987 ,the benefit of a strong showing at various times during the match , However the never say die traditional grit of the Powerhouse Port Adelaide est 1870 was just too much to bear for the newcomers....

However I must profer my congratulations for a sterling effort by the WCE, at least they made a strong challenge and had the crowd guessing in the 3rd quarter as to whether they would mount a serious challenge in the final stanza...

well done WCE, you do yourselves, your coach and your state proud......

PA1870

Hahaha, I'm surprised this didn't go on the main forum like usual. Geez.

I think you might find that WCE has been in the top league longer than Port. It must really hurt you, however proud you are that the AFL recognises WCE's 2 (TWO) premierships, but doesn't recognise any of the SANFL flags.

You might have won today, and you might have a better team at the moment, but you can't win when you gloat. Fcukwheat.

Who would have thought that you could troll West Coast supporters by posting on the Port board? Astounding.

troll? ...I was merely stating observational fact and historical truth !

and I also acknowledged the efforts of the fledgling club, WCE !

I thought I was being gracious...certainly not Gloating !!!

Regards

PA1870:D :D :D

Originally posted by Port Adelaide 1870
troll? ...I was merely stating observational fact and historical truth !

and I also acknowledged the efforts of the fledgling club, WCE !

I thought I was being gracious...certainly not Gloating !!!

Regards

PA1870:D :D :D

Shame about your bastard cousins losing to Glenelg

for shame what Port has done to its histroy and tradition

Left it wallowing in the SANFL, without a hope or a prayer

for shame

Originally posted by Jars458

Shame about your bastard cousins losing to Glenelg

for shame what Port has done to its histroy and tradition

Left it wallowing in the SANFL, without a hope or a prayer

for shame

If the SANFL would let them do what they wanted to originally there would be no wallowing ............

and the Magpies are a long way away from disappearing without a hope or a prayer..........just not in for a good season this year......time to let the youngsters have a game and start looking at the next few years..........

Don't see anyone knocking off Centrals this year......

Originally posted by dreamkillers

If the SANFL would let them do what they wanted to originally there would be no wallowing ............

Don't see anyone knocking off Centrals this year......

Exactly!!!..We were forced by the SANFL to maintain a Magpie entity in the SANFL..It is certainly at the ultimate expense of the Port Adelaide Football Club....The Newly formed PAMFC and..to us the supporters. No shame... PAFC no longer plays SANFL..

However we as Port supporters are supposed to support Our Club as well as the SANFL magpies est 1996.

Regards

PA1870

Exactly!!!..We were forced by the SANFL to maintain a Magpie entity in the SANFL..It is certainly at the ultimate expense of the Port Adelaide Football Club....The Newly formed PAMFC and..to us the supporters. No shame... PAFC no longer plays SANFL..

However we as Port supporters are supposed to support Our Club as well as the SANFL magpies est 1996.

Regards

PA1870

Legally your agrument makes sense

Spiritually and traditionally it makes none.

You have all convinced yourself - but no-one else.

Ports skipper being a Norwood player is the ultimate irony of it all.

Hmmmm.....have I seen Primus running around in a Norwood jumper lately. Errrrrrrm...nope.....no I haven't.

Let me see....let's have a look on the Norwood website....well - nope, he's not on their list. Gee, he's not a Norwood player at all actually, is he.

Clown.

Regards

PA1870

Someone tell him he's dreaming.

Originally posted by Pred

Hmmmm.....have I seen Primus running around in a Norwood jumper lately. Errrrrrrm...nope.....no I haven't.

Let me see....let's have a look on the Norwood website....well - nope, he's not on their list. Gee, he's not a Norwood player at all actually, is he.

Clown.

F uckwit

So McLeod, Buckley Bradley etc etc were never Port players

Fair enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that Primus being the captain is ironic, considering the time he spent at Norwood.

But I don't think Port have gone too badly with Victorian ruckmen as captain previously.

So there is no current chance of Primus ever playing for Norwood this year???????????????

I guess Morgan isn't a North player either etc etc

There is a difference, Morgan plays for North, Primus will not play for Norwood.

You think McCleod will play for Port? No, he is an ex-Port player.

Originally posted by Port01

There is a difference, Morgan plays for North, Primus will not play for Norwood.

You think McCleod will play for Port? No, he is an ex-Port player.

If he gets a bad injury and needs to come through the SANFL its possible

There is no doubt Primus is a norwood and port player

Hence its ironic

A generous post PA1870 and the Eagles still have some exciting players. Tis sad that the fact that some AFL players play in the SANFL causes so much confusion with some. All this consternation and befuddlement is based on the lack of appreciation of simple terms like "team", "players" and "Club"; the first changes each week, the second each year, but the latter will endure undivided and unique, for all time.

What do you think he meant old fella

Now , Now Jars..... firstly the question wasnt directed at you.

Secondly, I would like a response to my question from the young fella,

What did he mean by his statement ?

Kindest regards

PA1870:) :)

Legally your agrument makes sense

Spiritually and traditionally it makes none.

You have all convinced yourself - but no-one else.

To answer this as has been done by many a multitude of times.

The club did not, nor has ever belonged to " no-one else " .

We, that is 'the owners" ( members of the club ) moved it from the SANFL to the AFL..we voted on it, worked for it, lobbied the AFL..and moved the entity Port Adelaide Football Club
away from the SANFL.

spiritually and traditionally, the club is and was the Port Adelaide Football Club ...We didnt have toConvince ourselves, about what we were doing, we just did it..

The wish of the club was to no longer have anything that would confuse older people, ignorant people, undecided people, people that thought the club was a magpie sticker rather than a club, people from the outer that turned up to games , but werent members or capable of directing the future of the club.

These are the categories that many find themselves in..it isn not your or their fault......We moved our club to the AFL, but a part of that process was that the PAFC would have to ensure that the SANFL could still continue with a club that had our old Logo connected to it..hence the formation of

the Port Adelaide Magpies Football club.

That required no convincing of ourselves at the AGM. nor did it, require spirituality or traditionality..We as custodians of our club the PAFC voted that entity out of the SANFL and into the AFL.

We the had a show of hands for a club by the name of the PAMFC to continue in the place of our club..the PAFC in the SANFL..

what it seems here..is not so much that we have convinced ourselves that we did that, but somehow that as followers of the SANFL..there is a belief that "you" have an ownership, both spiritual and traditional of the Port Adelaide Football Club that " You " cant let go of...

so "you " cant convince yourselves that Port is gone...well we have...

And as for abusing Port Magpies for claiming 36 Premierships..Please yourselves..I simply dont give a rats toss.

As when I look at the Premiership cups at Alberton Oval..they readPort Adelaide Football Club up until 1996 and the Port Adelaide Football Club now plays AFL.

As for the Magpies..well Port were the magpies until 1996 and the Port Magpies continue a tradition set by my Club when they played SANFL..

Finally..Your statement that the whole Port argument makes Legal sense ...well good as that is what it is meant to make when you shift leagues...as for the rest of your old traditions, spiritualities, and convincing yourselves...if You ( meaning the collective anti Port/ other SANFL club barrackers/ or other interested bystanders) cant get your head around the reality of an SANFL without the Port Adelaide Football club...

All I can say is..I really dont care..as you can please yourselves now...or follow the Crows..the SANFL show ended for the PAFC in 1996...irrelevant if Your convinced or not..

Kindest regards

Port Adelaide 1870:)

So tell me young fella..what do you mean by that statement ?
PA1870

I thought it was pretty obvious. You go one like Port has been playing in the AFL since its inception, when everyone else knows that it wasn't admitted to the AFL until 1997 (or whenever).

As far as the AFL is concerned, WCE has been in the AFL for 10 more years and won 2 more flags.

And what do you mean by 'young fella'? You seem quite assumptive.

Originally posted by bunsen burner

I thought it was pretty obvious. You go one like Port has been playing in the AFL since its inception, when everyone else knows that it wasn't admitted to the AFL until 1997 (or whenever).

As far as the AFL is concerned, WCE has been in the AFL for 10 more years and won 2 more flags.

And what do you mean by 'young fella'? You seem quite assumptive.

Thanks for your response,

I have never indicated that the Port Adelaide Football club was any older than 132 years at any point I have never misprepresented its establishment date as prior to 1870, I have never made up facts or invented games it has not played in against SANFL, VFA , VFL and AFL clubs since 1870.

The PAFC joined the AFL competition in 1997 ,,,we all know that.

My post was and is in no way a denegration towards you if you have taken offence to the term " Young fella " , I unequivocally withdraw it and strike it from the record.

Kindest regards

PA1870

Remove this Banner Ad

Back