Train

Remove this Banner Ad

DEES RULE!

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2000
Half way between heaven and hell!
Other Teams
MELBOURNE DEMONS! :)
Well on Wednesday night i went to watch Train at the Palais theater in St.Kilda.
While the venue was rather small and stinky :)D) the performance was electric.
The supporting band was Palodium (i can't spell it!) and they were very impressive. Their songs tend to repeat each other a bit, but never the less they were good and got everyone ready for the show which was about to come.
When Train came on everyone went balistic. The guys were fantastic and Pat the lead singer entertained us throughout the show, telling us about his day and explaining what a few of their songs are about.
My friends and I got good seats but we also rocked up to the front of the stage with a few other people, towards the end of the show.
Hearing a band live is a true measure of just how good they really are. Train were fantastic and their songs sound even better live! They are all very talented and the lead singer, Pat is a very good entertainer.
They sang a few of their old songs, and all but one of their new songs, which meant everyone could enjoy the variety. It was good to see that the audience varied from 13 year olds to 50 year olds, it goes to show how versitile they really are.
Over all they were fantastic and i suggest you go check them out when you have the chance because they have been around for a while and you can see their experience and hear it too! :)

Good on ya Dees...glad you had a good time. I don't listen to much FM as the ads & announcers give me the *****s but just for you I will check them out right now on the net.:)

Originally posted by DEES RULE!

My friends and I got good seats but we also rocked up to the front of the stage with a few other people, towards the end of the show.

How anyone can sit down at a concert is beyond me

Re: Re: Train

Originally posted by Macca19

How anyone can sit down at a concert is beyond me

LOL!
It wasn't a rock concert, and it was in a closed place with seatings! But still you are right.... we got up as much as we could!

jod23 they are actually not a one hit wonder as they have been around for year. "Meet Virgina" was their first big hit a while back and now with the release of their 4th album "drops of jupiter" they have made a comeback. They just released a new single "something more" and its pretty good and totally different to "drops of jupiter"!

Oh no!.....This from the site where I listened to Drops of Jupiter. I can see your attraction Dees LOL : To really go stratospheric a band needs that special ingredient ‘X’, and for Train that all-important factor can be found in the shape of sex-on-legs vocalist Pat Monahan. Fortunately the man’s ability to drive women in an audience berserk by just walking on stage is backed with a voice of real power and class. Just think Matchbox 20 or Collective Soul with a pin-up star out front and you’re almost there. Dare we also mention Hootie And The Blowfish? LOL No you dare not! :eek: :D :)

lol!

Originally posted by NYMets
Oh no!.....This from the site where I listened to Drops of Jupiter. I can see your attraction Dees LOL : To really go stratospheric a band needs that special ingredient ‘X’, and for Train that all-important factor can be found in the shape of sex-on-legs vocalist Pat Monahan. Fortunately the man’s ability to drive women in an audience berserk by just walking on stage is backed with a voice of real power and class. Just think Matchbox 20 or Collective Soul with a pin-up star out front and you’re almost there. Dare we also mention Hootie And The Blowfish? LOL No you dare not! :eek: :D :)

I must agree with that..... he is one hell of a sex god! :D :p
But thats not why i like the band... honests! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back