Training Training 10/05/2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Bucks and coaching staff watched from the boundary calculating pluses and minuses while fitness staff organised a full scale practice match; Bucks best available 22 versus all injured players. Injured players won the game. Bucks team was +18 clearances, +12 inside 50s, -30 contested ball. Injured team won because they kicked more goals. This leaves a headache for selection committee this week.

Overheard younger player complaining it's not fair Lachie and Joshie can't play still; they we're fun. At least they had a crack!

For no reason other than believing our players may have finally realised the gravity of the situation. Tonight I got a great feeling that we'd turn our season around this weekend against the lowly Brions. I dared to dream about how great it would be if we actually made the finals from here, however unlikely it is. I dreamt of gloating to my mates who are bagging us and reveling in our misfortune.

So I came in here to read how well our boys trained... Not a single person is actually talking about training. It turns out everyone is bagging our players, even our own supporters. How deflating, I actually feel really sad now :(

P.S. I know it's meant to be a bit of a joke but that just makes it worse :(

For no reason other than believing our players may have finally realised the gravity of the situation. Tonight I got a great feeling that we'd turn our season around this weekend against the lowly Brions. I dared to dream about how great it would be if we actually made the finals from here, however unlikely it is. I dreamt of gloating to my mates who are bagging us and reveling in our misfortune.

So I came in here to read how well our boys trained... Not a single person is actually talking about training. It turns out everyone is bagging our players, even our own supporters. How deflating, I actually feel really sad now :(

I think you'll find most of us were just taking the piss out of the situation. Maybe I have a warped sense of humour but I actually got a laugh out of this light hearted view of training.

Seeing this board derailed by the old MM vs Bucks today is what's deflating.

We have to learn to laugh at ourselves this season. A bit of frivolity can't go astray :)

Why you Believe the Penny has Dropped for the Players?

At least it's a Joke and not People having Pot Shots at them like in other Threads

It's not all doom and gloom mate, in the impromptu scratch match the orange team got "nutted in the contest" due to the white team "working harder"

Great thread..........like they say if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at!

Blackmores injury update after training:
- Witts received a minor graze on his elbow at training. He is expected to miss 7 weeks.
- Someone looked at Reid in a funny way. He will miss 4 - 8
- The wind changed suddenly as Varcoe was walking to the changerooms. His Collingwoodised hammys exploded. 12 weeks.
- Howe broke another finger trying to take a screamer by catching a stray frisbee that was launched from the crowd in Treloar's direction. KB seen fleeing the scene, Caro his getaway driver.

Bucks and coaching staff watched from the boundary calculating pluses and minuses while fitness staff organised a full scale practice match; Bucks best available 22 versus all injured players. Injured players won the game. Bucks team was +18 clearances, +12 inside 50s, -30 contested ball. Injured team won because they kicked more goals. This leaves a headache for selection committee this week.

Overheard younger player complaining it's not fair Lachie and Joshie can't play still; they we're fun. At least they had a crack!

Intentional?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back