Training Training 14/12/16

Remove this Banner Ad

As fascinating as this conversation about aspergers is, I'm pretty sure that TD has clarified that he actually has high functioning Autism, not aspergers.
If that's the case then I will say no more on the issue. My mistake.

On another topic, what is actually wrong with Reid's knee or has this already been explained in the thread?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As my post appears to have been the catalyst for this discussion, I feel compelled to justify my actions. As I mentioned before, my post was simply meant to point out Dave's comment contained a subtle "thought provoking" quip similar to "If a tree falls in a forest...". It was just an obscure observation reflecting the odd places my head goes. At no stage was my intent to mock Dave or his disabilities.

I genuinely attempt to treat all posters equally on here in that whoever comments, if I enjoy a post, I press the like button. If I disagree, I respond. I see Dave as no different and believed that if he didn't agree or understand my comments, replies etc, he would pull me up on them. If this is an inappropriate course of conduct, I sincerely apologise.

Being inferred to as someone who mocks other's disabilities, has cut pretty deep. I have many friends and colleagues who suffer from varying disabilities and illnesses. They request that I treat them the same as everybody else but I realise now that this approach may not suitable for this environment. If I have offended or upset anyone, I am truly sorry.

As my post appears to have been the catalyst for this discussion, I feel compelled to justify my actions. As I mentioned before, my post was simply meant to point out Dave's comment contained a subtle "thought provoking" quip similar to "If a tree falls in a forest...". It was just an obscure observation reflecting the odd places my head goes. At no stage was my intent to mock Dave or his disabilities.

I genuinely attempt to treat all posters equally on here in that whoever comments, if I enjoy a post, I press the like button. If I disagree, I respond. I see Dave as no different and believed that if he didn't agree or understand my comments, replies etc, he would pull me up on them. If this is an inappropriate course of conduct, I sincerely apologise.

Being inferred to as someone who mocks other's disabilities, has cut pretty deep. I have many friends and colleagues who suffer from varying disabilities and illnesses. They request that I treat them the same as everybody else but I realise now that this approach may not suitable for this environment. If I have offended or upset anyone, I am truly sorry.
Jasper we all know you don't have a mean bone in your cyber body.

This discussion always crops up every now and then, and reminds us all that we don't always know what we're dealing with.
We all learn.

Time to move the thread along now and get back on topic please.

Then why do we keep getting Injury after Injury after Injury after Injury?
We had like 3 soft tissue injuries this year. Impact injuries can not be attributed to the fitness guy, no matter how much you dislike him.

Welcome to 2016 where everyone gets offended by everything. Unfortunately you're 12 months late...

I honestly saw nothing wrong with your original post. You said something you believed to be true, and for the most part it was. You were direct, honest, and made me laugh. Obviously others did too.

Obviously some people took offence to it. But we all need to develop a thick skin especially on the internet. We all cant expect everyone to have the same opinion and feel the same way.

These days it seems like everyone has to apologise for saying anything.

People just try to make something out of nothing... worse than the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back