Training Training 14/12/16

Remove this Banner Ad

As fascinating as this conversation about aspergers is, I'm pretty sure that TD has clarified that he actually has high functioning Autism, not aspergers.
And you be correct.

And agree back to training discussions

Then why do we keep getting Injury after Injury after Injury after Injury?
The real real real reason is because football is a contact sport

From the HS just now - I'm confused, did he or didn't he?

COLLINGWOOD is playing down speculation injury-prone swingman Ben Reid has suffered yet another setback.

The 27-year-old has had a long injury history, including hamstring, calf, back and knee trouble in recent years.

Having played just four senior games in 2014, and five in 2015, Reid managed 17 games this year in an encouraging return to form.

At the moment he's recovering from serious post-season knee surgery.

The club maintains he's on track to resume full training early in the new year.

"He continues to be managed towards a return to full training in late Jan ... early Feb," a Magpies spokesperson told AFL.com.au.

"At this point he is putting kilometres into his legs.

"He will continue to do so."

Collingwood plays Essendon at Etihad Stadium in the opening match of the JLT Community Series on Thursday 16 February.

Sent from my warped mind

Sorry was out, did they provide more details on Reid?

Sent from my warped mind

He was dancing up a storm but the 4th act came and it all went to s**t. Siegfried betrayed him the evil Von Rothbart insisted the prince had to marry Odile instead and he left the lake and ascended to heaven. I blame the Swans.

From the HS just now - I'm confused, did he or didn't he?

COLLINGWOOD is playing down speculation injury-prone swingman Ben Reid has suffered yet another setback.

The 27-year-old has had a long injury history, including hamstring, calf, back and knee trouble in recent years.

Having played just four senior games in 2014, and five in 2015, Reid managed 17 games this year in an encouraging return to form.

At the moment he's recovering from serious post-season knee surgery.

The club maintains he's on track to resume full training early in the new year.

"He continues to be managed towards a return to full training in late Jan ... early Feb," a Magpies spokesperson told AFL.com.au.

"At this point he is putting kilometres into his legs.

"He will continue to do so."

Collingwood plays Essendon at Etihad Stadium in the opening match of the JLT Community Series on Thursday 16 February.

Sent from my warped mind
Sounds like the approach they took to Dane Swan a couple of pre-seasons ago. Worked out well, too.

We had like 3 soft tissue injuries this year. Impact injuries can not be attributed to the fitness guy, no matter how much you dislike him.

Well this year was the 1st Time more where Impact Injuries

Welcome to 2016 where everyone gets offended by everything. Unfortunately you're 12 months late...

I honestly saw nothing wrong with your original post. You said something you believed to be true, and for the most part it was. You were direct, honest, and made me laugh. Obviously others did too.

Obviously some people took offence to it. But we all need to develop a thick skin especially on the internet. We all cant expect everyone to have the same opinion and feel the same way.

These days it seems like everyone has to apologise for saying anything.

People just try to make something out of nothing... worse than the media.

Seems lot of people on recently get Offended with most stuff Posted Temploar

So who here knew he had a 'serious knee operation'? And if you knew, why didn't I? And what is this 'setback' that the club are playing down? When did the injury occur? Who from the club will be the skilled distorter of truth to deliver the Blackmore's updates? So many questions but as of yet no Neil Balme type to answer them. :p

Seems lot of people on recently get Offended with most stuff Posted Temploar
You're exaggerating, Dave! :rolleyes: Though I hate political correctness. Or players being said to have, for instance, a mild calf injury that lasts an entire season - such as Reid a few years back.

I hope on the one hand that the club are more up front with their injury reports this year. On the other hand, I hope there are no serious injuries to report.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was gonna say, didn't Langdon say to Stoods he had a back issue? Ch 7 really take liberties when labeling players as stars...

In the end the result wasn't much worse!

Reid's body can handle four-five months of work a year so I have no issue at all with him not being out there until February.

Ultimately anything further from him is just a bonus!

Bummed about the Langdon news. I hope he is right for the new year. There is a bit of competition in the team for that third tall half back type role. How did Shaz look?

Disappointing about Langdon but hopefully he can rejoin full training post Christmas

Just for the record ASD encompasses both low functioning and high functioning intellectual capabilities and shouldn't be confused with an intellectual disability. However we should have a bit of sympathy for passionate supporters, as you say without making fun of them, just because they may have a problem with the way they express themselves.
Yeah I understand that, poor wording on my behalf as I wasn't sure what it was he suffers from. Thanks for clearing it up.

For what it's worth, I would have made the same observation if anyone else had posted the comment and I wasn't picking on the poster himself, more referencing the infinite thought loop it created like a written Esher's staircase. That's all probably irrelevant now as you saw something in it that you didn't like and have been offended on someone else's behalf.
I'm not offended champ, I'm just over the constant bullying and attempts to belittle said poster. Sorry if that's what not what you were trying to do, but it happens too much on this board it's a disgrace.

Maybe you should think about it a little more.
Is this about Davoren? The guy responsible for just about every soft tissue injury that's occurred to a player since he began at the club?

If the club was as smart as us on BF, Davoren would be Melbourne or Richmond bound by now. Instead he is unwittingly paid to hobble the tendons and corrode the bones of the players, purporting to be 'high performance manager' as his job title suggests, but actually working against the best interests of his employer.

Today it's Reid whose knee has been crippled. Who will be the next victim of his sinister workout and recovery routines? Elliott filling us with hope of a miracle return looks ripe for the picking. Perhaps a relapse of his back condition or a season ending torn hamstring.

Great job if you hate Collingwood and have total control of fitness and player rehab. Davoren knows what he's doing.

Last edited:
Yeah I understand that, poor wording on my behalf as I wasn't sure what it was he suffers from. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'm not offended champ, I'm just over the constant bullying and attempts to belittle said poster. Sorry if that's what not what you were trying to do, but it happens too much on this board it's a disgrace.
You have your heart in the right place. Dave also has to live in the world and he gives as well as takes.

TD is a BF identity, a character, one of the few physically recognisable posters - he's even represented us, and himself, on TV. His writing style is unmistakable. If he was permabanned, he could never successfully pretend to be a new username.

He is here to learn as well as participate. He knows he is cared for by many on here and can count on our support if he gets a hard time on outside boards. If he knows you're not serious I am sure he can see the humour in a situation. Generally I think he benefits from being here and so do we.

Apart from that training seems to be going pretty well and thanks to the OP for the reports.

So many questions but as of yet no Neil Balme type to answer them. :p
Hear Sando has been obfuscating the house down this pre-season, shaping as the early favourite.

Is this about Davoren? The guy responsible for just about every soft tissue injury that's occurred to a player since he began at the club?

If the club was as smart as us on BF, Davoren would be Melbourne or Richmond bound by now. Instead he is unwittingly paid to hobble the tendons and corrode the bones of the players, purporting to be 'high performance manager' as his job title suggests, but actually working against the best interests of his employer.

Today it's Reid whose knee has been crippled. Who will be the next victim of his sinister workout and recovery routines? Elliott filling us with hope of a miracle return looks ripe for the picking. Perhaps a relapse of his back condition or a season ending torn hamstring.

Great job if you hate Collingwood and have total control of fitness and player rehab. Davoren knows what he's doing.
I assume you're being facetious here given Reid's actual setback is undisclosed and is related to an impact injury he had surgery on, so I won't bite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back