Training 4.12.08

Remove this Banner Ad

just heard on the news that Taylor Walker has grown a bit and is now 191cm :)

great wrap up, much appreciated.

Nah it aint Andy Forgotten, but good thing we are getting a couple here and there to train with us.

Last one we hid away was Griff and he got picked up, so I guess this dude might be a chance with our 3rd rookie pick.

Gents, I'm from around Melbourne way and think I might know this guy.

How did he go?

Congrats on such a good video ;)

Ill hopefully be going to training soon since its holidays, so I will get some videos of whom people want to see.

Are there any players in particular people want to see footage of?
the good ones:D

nah i would not mind having a look at walker and dangerfield since i have not seen either of them and they r both ment to be stars:thumbsu:

the good ones:D

nah i would not mind having a look at walker and dangerfield since i have not seen either of them and they r both ment to be stars:thumbsu:
;)
Yeah i'm thinking of getting Dangerfield, Walker, All new recuits, Henschell (did I spell his name right ? :p), and Sellar as the main ones.

I would love to, but don't think I should.

Particularly if it is who I know it is.

Would be really interested to hear how people think he is going tho.
will u tell us after the draft if we dont pick him up?
nothing worse then when people say they think they no but wont tell u:(

"The other 50m arch was occupied by our new draftees who were refining their kicking technique. A trainer was pretty much going through step by step how they should kick the ball."

Uh-ohhh....

Thanks CG, Drummond and cmndstab for the reports. Top job guys/gir.

Congrats on such a good video ;)

Ill hopefully be going to training soon since its holidays, so I will get some videos of whom people want to see.

Are there any players in particular people want to see footage of?

Could you get pics of DMac. Would like some large clear pics of him to make some wallpaper.

^ Nothing untowards there. I doubt anyone watching them would have walked away with thinking our recruits were poor kicks, there were some fantastic legs on display. One of them, i think Young, got a hold of a big torp that split the middle from way out, which was a cool site. When they got the whole group around the rookies, and got them to take set shots, i think only one of them missed.

In all, i was impressed with the way we were training, alot of the guys i had question marks over performed better than i had expected.

Sellar is catching a bad wrap from Drumbo again. Infact, it was noticable that despite the earlier reports from other sessions suggesting he was struggling to keep up, he was actually towards the front of all of his running grounds in the drills.

It was good to see Gallman on the park, although i cant say i noticed all that much about him, he was moving freely atleast.

Jacky trying to tackle Tippett was one of the funniest things ive ever seen, only made worse by Stab laughing blatantly not 5 metres away from the poor bugger. Ill try to display it pictorially at some point.

Hentschel is moving pretty well considering. It was worth noting that he took part in all the physicality, so theyve got a fair bit of confidence in the strength of his knee. He needed it too, Tippett took him down big time in the wrassling drills.

Huge fan of the way Walker appears to have approached his preseason. Hes a freaking tank, yet hes running very very well. Hes done just about everything that could possibly be asked of him, ive got no doubt he'll play a big role for us this year.

Armstrong looks like he could still do with some filling out, but he was using the ball alot better than ive seen in the past.

Douglas is slowly but surely putting on more weight. Ive got the feeling hes set to be used up the ground more this year, which i think would be the best result for all involved.

Really disappointing that Stiffy isnt out with the group yet, but hes had family dilemmas as ive been told. Still, i guess this is one year we wont hear the Johncock to midfield stories.

Ill post more thoughts if they come to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any of the players vs rutten in this? would have liked to have seen how they went. rutten has very good build so i would imagine it would be very hard to get him to the ground.

Yeah, one of them, im thinking Walker? Got the privledge of smelling Trucks underarm for about a minute and a half, whilst pinned to the floor.

Edit: I dont think this was the same drill, but same results.

Rutten.jpg

Griff looks like he's put on a lot of weight?

Nah not really, looks like the sam old Griff to me!

Yeah, one of them, im thinking Walker? Got the privledge of smelling Trucks underarm for about a minute and a half, whilst pinned to the floor..

Rutten.jpg

Yeah thats Walker I reckon :thumbsu:

Is that Otten in the background? Seems to have filled out a bit.

On first thought I thought it was him, but he was wearing a red top. Maybe thats Doughty?

Oh and 97-98 I have some pics of Mackay that I can send to you which I haven't put up here. I'll send you a pm.

On first thought I thought it was him, but he was wearing a red top. Maybe thats Doughty?
that definitely looks like Otten, who seemed to be partnered with Gallman (below). Otten has bulked up by the looks of it.

that's Otten there with Gallman:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2795371440101217222WXTpAy
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2479267370101217222FFldlM

Doughty is actually buffer (than the above picture of Otten), and has strapping over his thumb:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2496596570101217222TJIxWE

that definitely looks like Otten, who seemed to be partnered with Gallman (below). Otten has bulked up by the looks of it.

that's Otten there with Gallman:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2795371440101217222WXTpAy
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2479267370101217222FFldlM

Doughty is actually buffer (than the above picture of Otten), and has strapping over his thumb:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2496596570101217222TJIxWE

Oh well I wonder who I keep getting him confused with... Maybe it was Doughty or someone like that...

Great work by the 4 musketeers, CG, Drummond, cmndstab and STO!! :thumbsu:

In particular I enjoy the focus on how individuals are going and as for the pics - they are the absolute icing on the cake!!

Greatly appreciated - many thanks. :) :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back