Training 8/12

Remove this Banner Ad

images

Stevensons not that blond?

Why do our new draftees not seem to do any training.I would think they could do some training with the main group. I know they need a reduced workload but a few handballs and kicks doesn't seem enough. Do they just concentrate on weights to begin with?
They would be doing more of the weights and endurance rather then the game structure stuff ATM.
They are only a week or 2 into their new life and would be watching the drills and learning as much from that as possible, as the new year starts though I expect they will become more involved in the group activities.

In the new year the drills will change and the contact stuff will be kept to a minimum, its then we will see the young guys competeing in these drills and game situations.

I would like to see young swift go head to head with Staker on the wing.
Other match ups I would like to see.
Kerr v Masten
Ebert v A.Selwood
Hurn v Stenglein
Fletcher v Shuey- Dont want to make it to hard for Fletch :rolleyes:
Davis v Scooter
Smith v Houlihan.
Rosa v McGinnity
Jmac v Butler
Stevenson v Arrow

Forward v Defenders

Brown v Glass
Kennedy V Wilkes
Lynch v Hunter
Mckinley v Jones
LeCras v Waters
Wirra v Nico
Embley v Schofield
Notte v Jojo
Wilson v Spangher
Hansen v McKenzie

Rucks
Naita v Sullivan
Cox v Seaby

Thats 22 a side and not including the 2 Rookies yet to be drafted.:)

should be able to tell the difference between Patrick (left) and Lewis (right)

2102775046_2b6c920806.jpg
They're distinctively different, yeah, which is why we're so baffled as to the conflicting recollection of events.
As I said, I could be wrong, I am really quite tired.

Beatlesmith saw more of it than I did, you'd have to ask him.

They would be doing more of the weights and endurance rather then the game structure stuff ATM.

I knew they would be doing weights but from what I have seen at training they have done very very little running. Even if they are not meant to be running with everyone else I would have thought they would have their own little group where they did some sort of fitness work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*Lynch at the front of the other group and Davis at the back (others were Cox, Seaby, Sullivan, Hurn, Stevenson)

I keep reading about Davis being at the back of these sprint drills, which is a little suprising as I thought he was one of the quicker boys. Is it an endurance (repeated efforts) thing, is it straight out speed, or is he carrying something?

I keep reading about Davis being at the back of these sprint drills, which is a little suprising as I thought he was one of the quicker boys. Is it an endurance (repeated efforts) thing, is it straight out speed, or is he carrying something?

I wonder if its Arrowsmith as he has had his hair cut quiet short.
DSC00312.jpg

From the trainings I have been to, the endurance running usually involves repeated sprint exercises and is at the end of training after all the ball and teamwork drills. Don't think he is carrying something as he takes part in all the training. Usually starts off well and appears quite quick but the longer the drill goes the more he lags behind, suggesting to me he just simply needs to work on his endurance.

Wow, Masten looking quite bigger, and gee Brown is a tank.

Thanks for the write up's and pictures once again, keep it up.

I wonder if its Arrowsmith as he has had his hair cut quiet short.
DSC00312.jpg

I thought the player shown in the last photo of post #18, standing straight behind Burns (Burns in blue) was the one that wrestled Davis. Is this McGinnity, Stevenson is more to the left. I am really not sure now who it was wrestling Davis, I don't think it was Arrowsmith tho. I thought the wrestle was with McGinnity but if Beatlesmith says different I will concede.

I thought it was Davis and McGinnity but you guys were closer. Davis was holding him on the ground and when they got up I thought I saw some jumper punches. Not sure about the seriousness of it tho.
looked pretty serious to me. Davis tackledmicginnit to the ground and the ball spilt free. He held him down on the ground for a good 20 seconds, then got up, ushed and jumper punched mcginnity. They realeased eachother, Mcginnity shrugged with a big WTF. Davis also had the altercation with selwood, and priddis a coupld of weeks back. Looks really knackered in training, even half way through the session.
Davis might be frustrated at his training performance.

looked pretty serious to me. Mcginnity got up, shrugged with a big WTF. Davis also had the altercation with selwood, and priddis a coupld of weeks back. Looks really knackered in training, even half way through the session.

Yeah obviously has some aggression and at times this may overwhelm him. Hope it doesn't distance him too much from the playing group. Also hope he improves his endurance as he could be a very handy player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back