Training - 8/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Was driving down latrobe tce yesterday and saw the boys training on west oval out of the corner of my eye. Pulled in and had a bit of a look for ten mins.

They were just doing some running, with none of the senior group training.

From what I saw Dawson Simpson is deceptively quick, and Taylor Hunt is a rocket.

Djerkurra looks like he has put his quad injury's behind him and was running really well.

The guys especially the new ones look really good and were pushing hard despite the heat.

Seeing training has reminded me that 2009 isn't far away! Just hope it hurry's up :thumbsu::thumbsu:

If you have and Q's feel free to ask.

Was Tomahawk in the group? what about Mitch Brown?

No TH, and Mitch was there. Tall bloke could be taller than 195 going by the players he was standing around. Looks like a good player.

Saw him today, reasonably close. Didn't seem tall in an imposing, ie. Tom Hawkins, kind of way. Needs to do alot of weights over the next few years.

Thin as a rake needs a lot of time in the gym, that is for sure.

No photos? Disgraceful!

Seriously, thanks for the update rizzo. What about Scott Simpson, who I expect will crack it for a senior game or two next year. How's he shaping up?

Humble apologies sir moderator :p

Didn't notice Scotty, but he could have been there. Although I saw him a few weeks ago in Ryrie Street carrying out a couch. Looks in top shape. I've been pumping up his bandwagon since we drafted him. Absolute gun :thumbsu:

Catman,

Scott Simpson is training, and seems well developed for a young guy who plays as a key position forward. Lean and yet at the same time physically strong. Could play a game or two next year, guess it depends on the form and fitness of those in front of him in the queue.

Scott Simpson is training, and seems well developed for a young guy who plays as a key position forward. Lean and yet at the same time physically strong. Could play a game or two next year, guess it depends on the form and fitness of those in front of him in the queue.

Has this kid played in the back half? He does have the frame that would enable him to become a strong position player but I do think we need more flexability. If he can play down back a well as forward , perhaps swapping with Lonergan/Taylor he could be a handy addition to the side. He looks to have a tougher edge to him than Lonergan , not such a bad thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has this kid played in the back half? He does have the frame that would enable him to become a strong position player but I do think we need more flexability. If he can play down back a well as forward , perhaps swapping with Lonergan/Taylor he could be a handy addition to the side. He looks to have a tougher edge to him than Lonergan , not such a bad thing.

I didn't get to follow the reserves as closely as I would've liked this year but all I know is that he played mainly in attack while fellow draftee McKenna played mainly in defence.

He isn't 'skinny' like McKenna or Mitch Brown, he can still bulk up a little but the size/frame is there for him to build on to be able to play key position.

Scott underwent knee surgery after about seven matches this year and missed at least a month.

His second half of the season probably wasn't as good as his start to the year, where he was second in the VFL league goal kicking before getting injured...

Think he played a bit down back to offset a drastic lack of height down there at times..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back