Autopsy Training Drill Review Vs North (99 - 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very very impressive.
Another whole team performance but I'll just say how impressed I am by Watson. So composed and good decision maker.
Wonderful to see Hogan get some reward, signs have been good but things are starting to fall his way a bit now.
Mids were all great again and the backline continues its outstanding work.
Signs are great for next near with the likes of Logue, Young, Sturt back and a proper preseason into Henry. (Pearce and Hamling I'll consider a bonus if they manager to get on the park).

One thing I will say, what is up with North fan’s talking up Luke Davis-Uniacke? All I see is a soft outside seagull with minimal work rate. If he had shown half as much as what Brayshaw, Cerra or Serong had shown their fan base would be petitioning for a Go Fund me page to fire up the smelters to build him a bronzed statue out the front of their full time home at Blundstone arena.
yyou going to take that?

He's been a beast this year, at a higher profile club he'd be a lock for AA. Arguably the only player to have improved under Shaw.
His defended is great but ball in hand he has the Conca's about him.

Delist.
First time we're not finishing the season like a limp noodle since 2014.
This is a really encouraging sign for me. Under Ross we'd have half the team missing and be cooked and get smashed. JL keeps us competitive all the time (well mostly).

Not only that (last two aside) Fyfe and Sonny don't have to blinders for us to win like they tended to last year.

Congrats on the win today guys and gals, you've had a very good season IMO, even in the beginning you looked defensively solid and now you get the reward.

It was great to see Hogan do well, he's too good a talent to go to waste. And I thought Hill played alright, if not brilliantly, he's one of my favourite players and it's good to see.

Your young talent is good, the old fellas are performing still, Mundy is always class and Walters is back in touch.

I'm not sure about you lot, but your team, it's very likable. ;)

I thought Walters made a concerted effort not to play for kicks. He still went out of his way to chase them but he didn’t try to milk this week.

Darcy again was unreal. Best young ruck in the league. Hit outs to advantage would have been even better if our mids could have grasped the ball at the first chance. A couple of tiny fumbles meant they wouldn’t have been able to count them

Hughes is a dependable and as courageous as they come. I love him, he is so underrated. Just goes about getting his job done every week, pretty much unnoticed but has only been beaten once this year (Charlie Cameron). As someone said about deBoer on his 200th today - not everyone can be a champion, but every champion team needs a Matt deBoer. Hughes is close to that for us imo.
Totally agree, but we are going to have a selection dilemma once our four injured defenders are back.

Massively impressed with JL.
Totally agree, but we are going to have a selection dilemma once our four injured defenders are back.
Hughes and Duman my previous scapegoats have massive improved.

Conca has destroyed A grade talent.

Watson was pretty good today.

Hill looked cooked but today he moved freely.

Young is a talent and kicking is elite.

Cox has hugely got better.

Ryan has had an AA season.

Pearce could be an AA and is in the leadership team.

Hamling is a premiership key position.

Logue early in the season was very good and hardly beaten 1 on 1.

Wilson run and carry is awesome.

12 doesn't go into 7.

Lots of great comments about players here, but I want to take a more broad approach.

This game warmed my heart from the get go. It was a blend of relief, satisfaction, and confidence that we were able to come in and play OUR style of football for all four quarters. It almost felt like "just another day at the office". I know NM is sh**, but good teams crush crappy teams and that is exactly what happened. How many times have we let an inferior team back into the game? Too many. And the fact that we now have a distinctive brand of playing? Love it. We keep hearing JLo talking about players "playing their role" and this has created a brand where players are given the freedom to play to their strengths. I think we are now seeing the power of this in action. We didn't see this enough with the last regime. Sometimes footy is a simple game. Kick straight, play your role, and the rest takes care of itself.

We talk on this board about "culture" and what it takes to build that culture. JLo gave a shout out to "the football club" and "the team" and "the staff" at his presser. He is talking to the collective. The organization. The "team". It takes more than a superstar like Fyfe to build a culture. It's about the players, coaches, CEO, GM, the staff, the trainers, doctors, everyone knowing what their role is and doing it at a high level. When the culture is strong everyone knows what the person next to them is supposed to do and can focus on their own work. Synergy. To be able to play 4 games in 15 days is tough. But to play the 4th game with such composure and class after having to wake up early, get on a plane, then on a bus, then on another bus, and then play is a sign of how strong our footy club and our "culture" is becoming. We're not there yet, but how could you not be proud of the club today?

It was truly a team win.

I haven't felt like the season was ending too early for a long time and damn it feels good. I reckon its gonna be one of the best off seasons we've had in quite a few years around here.

:freo: >>> :adelaide::brisbane::carlton::collingwood::essendon::geelong::goldcoast::gws::hawthorn::melbourne::north::port::richmond::stkilda::sydney::westcoast::bulldogs:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don't think i could be more impressed with the post match interview with Jesse Hogan.
Wow, he was open while speaking so incredibly well about himself, his role, the team and the forward line.
He has filled me with confidence in JL, the teams vision, himself as a player and his future with the club.
I think that was the best interview we've seen from player in any form all season,
His amazing football intelligence that we hear about really shone through, i'm so happy for him

Last edited:
Massively impressed with JL.

Hughes and Duman my previous scapegoats have massive improved.

Conca has destroyed A grade talent.

Watson was pretty good today.

Hill looked cooked but today he moved freely.

Young is a talent and kicking is elite.

Cox has hugely got better.

Ryan has had an AA season.

Pearce could be an AA and is in the leadership team.

Hamling is a premiership key position.

Logue early in the season was very good and hardly beaten 1 on 1.

Wilson run and carry is awesome.

12 doesn't go into 7.
If I was an opposition recruiter I would look at raiding our back line.

It does seem like finally a lot of the bad habits Lyon drilled into our players are starting to go away.
Wasn't that long ago nearly ever player on the list couldn't hit a 5 meter handball or execute a 15m chip kick.

Also that graph they showed of mundy's contribution after he turned 35 was insane.

Lots of great comments about players here, but I want to take a more broad approach.

This game warmed my heart from the get go. It was a blend of relief, satisfaction, and confidence that we were able to come in and play OUR style of football for all four quarters. It almost felt like "just another day at the office". I know NM is sh**, but good teams crush crappy teams and that is exactly what happened. How many times have we let an inferior team back into the game? Too many. And the fact that we now have a distinctive brand of playing? Love it. We keep hearing JLo talking about players "playing their role" and this has created a brand where players are given the freedom to play to their strengths. I think we are now seeing the power of this in action. We didn't see this enough with the last regime. Sometimes footy is a simple game. Kick straight, play your role, and the rest takes care of itself.

We talk on this board about "culture" and what it takes to build that culture. JLo gave a shout out to "the football club" and "the team" and "the staff" at his presser. He is talking to the collective. The organization. The "team". It takes more than a superstar like Fyfe to build a culture. It's about the players, coaches, CEO, GM, the staff, the trainers, doctors, everyone knowing what their role is and doing it at a high level. When the culture is strong everyone knows what the person next to them is supposed to do and can focus on their own work. Synergy. To be able to play 4 games in 15 days is tough. But to play the 4th game with such composure and class after having to wake up early, get on a plane, then on a bus, then on another bus, and then play is a sign of how strong our footy club and our "culture" is becoming. We're not there yet, but how could you not be proud of the club today?

It was truly a team win.

I haven't felt like the season was ending too early for a long time and damn it feels good. I reckon its gonna be one of the best off seasons we've had in quite a few years around here.

:freo: >>> :adelaide::brisbane::carlton::collingwood::essendon::geelong::goldcoast::gws::hawthorn::melbourne::north::port::richmond::stkilda::sydney::westcoast::bulldogs:
The modern coach coaches the club, not just the team.

He also becomes the front man for the club, not the President or CEO, but the coach. By controlling the club, he takes control somewhat the culture it portrays.

Delisting McCarthy, making Hogan, Acres, Blakely & even Matera work for a game is creating a strong message that no matter your name or outside noise, he’s not afraid to stick to his values, which is a big part of the culture being created.

JLo is well educated in the art of modern coaching & this is not just on the field, but off it as well. This is not a crack at Lyon, he was the right fit for the club during his time, but Longmuir is definitely the right fit for the club now.

The modern coach coaches the club, not just the team.

He also becomes the front man for the club, not the President or CEO, but the coach. By controlling the club, he takes control somewhat the culture it portrays.

Delisting McCarthy, making Hogan, Acres, Blakely & even Matera work for a game is creating a strong message that no matter your name or outside noise, he’s not afraid to stick to his values, which is a big part of the culture being created.

JLo is well educated in the art of modern coaching & this is not just on the field, but off it as well. This is not a crack at Lyon, he was the right fit for the club during his time, but Longmuir is definitely the right fit for the club now.

100% this.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some thoughts.
1. Defensive principles were great. One to the ball and others to the outlet. Second half were start to get into a pattern of two to the ball and create some over laps for the Roos.

2. Three talls worked.

3. Players know where their outlets are, no more guessing and confusion with the ball.

4. Can see a real bonds between players and coaches.

5. Serong, Brayshaw and Cerra loving the mentoring from Mundy and Fyfe. Mundy and Fyfe loving to do the mentoring.

6. Hughes and Duman my scapegoats has put egg on my face. Happy to be wrong.

7. Acres and Aish combined with Cerra has reduced the impact of losing Langdon and Hill.

8. Hill looked cooked in previous games. He moved a lot more freely and start to run and carry.

9. Teams zone back, we play the short kick game. The other team attempted to stop the short game, then we go long to our talls one on one.

10. Watson was great except for one turnover.

11. JLo looks unimpressive but what I see on the field and the words out of his month are extremely impressive.

yyou

This is a really encouraging sign for me. Under Ross we'd have half the team missing and be cooked and get smashed. JL keeps us competitive all the time (well mostly).

Not only that (last two aside) Fyfe and Sonny don't have to blinders for us to win like they tended to last year.

Four games in the last 15 days too. We're doing something right with managing our players at last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back