Autopsy Training Drill Review Vs North (99 - 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

Four games in the last 15 days too. We're doing something right with managing our players at last.

An efficient brand of football that minimizes physical expenditure doesn't hurt.

Your coach is implementing a very good game plan, and his ability to get the message through in such a short amount of time highlights his quality.

I'm very impressed.

Given the quality of the opposition and lack of pressure, I'm not getting carried away but my thoughts.

+
Tabs and Hogan and Lobb giving each other plenty of space
Game plan and coaching suits the strengths and weaknesses of the players, too often the players have to try and adapt to a plan that doesn't suit.
Backline depth...what do we do when Hamling, Logue and Pearce are all fit.
Attitude, first game we have kept the foot on the pedal and looked for the corridor when we could.

-
Walters, love him but hate him ducking the head and playing for frees.
Acres, some of his turnovers would have been severely punished by a better team.

An efficient brand of football that minimizes physical expenditure doesn't hurt.

Your coach is implementing a very good game plan, and his ability to get the message through in such a short amount of time highlights his quality.

I'm very impressed.
He's had a long apprenticeship to get it right, and with a couple of the bigger clubs, but the game plan still demands applying elite pressure. I thought our kids would drop off more than they have and Serong has been quieter the last couple of weeks but they're still chugging along.

So much this. I'm glad Weber's gone but as I have said for ages how much of his injury record was down to the Lyon gameplay and it's unreasonable demands on the human body

Having rewatched the game Hughes was excellent and did a lot of good little things. His positioning has really impressed. He's proof that you can sometimes take an athlete and turn him into AFL quality, I might have to eat my words again

Walters, love him but hate him ducking the head and playing for frees.

He's just doing what most skilled, quick, smart players do when they're starting to get on. They might lose half a yard of pace, but they never lose the footy smarts.

I actually thought Luke did pretty well on him considering his quality as a player, and the amount & quality of Freo's I50's.

He just seems like he’s got zero support. If anyone needs a mentor it’s Rhys Shaw.

If a senior AFL coach needs a mentor then the administration should be sacked.

North have all sorts of problems contributing to our present situation, but it would be disingenuous to go in to that and inadvertently rob Freo of their deserved credit. They deserve the attention, not us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's just doing what most skilled, quick, smart players do when they're starting to get on. They might lose half a yard of pace, but they never lose the footy smarts.

I actually thought Luke did pretty well on him considering his quality as a player, and the amount & quality of Freo's I50's.

It was a good battle, I thought McDonald was North’s best and having watched him for a while I think is generally pretty underrated in the comp.

Having rewatched the game Hughes was excellent and did a lot of good little things. His positioning has really impressed. He's proof that you can sometimes take an athlete and turn him into AFL quality, I might have to eat my words again
Tbh he should be in least 40 man All Australian team. Not joking. Just solid across half back. Marks well, competes and rarely ever beaten. Quietly goes about his game. Not all half back/defenders have elite skill, but Hughes does okay.
Can’t think of a game where he was beaten comprehensively. He shouldn’t have played on Cameron v Brisbane, that was Jlo on that match up.

It was a good battle, I thought McDonald was North’s best and having watched him for a while I think is generally pretty underrated in the comp.
No backline can hold up when the ball is coming in that well. Tarrant, McKay and McDonald are all good 1v1 defenders. It was the North midfield that let them down.

The Lobb goal was a real lowlight for North's midfielders. Brayshaw took it on the defensive side of the centre square and was allowed a paddock to run into and then kick to Lobb's advantage.

I thought Walters made a concerted effort not to play for kicks. He still went out of his way to chase them but he didn’t try to milk this week.

Darcy again was unreal. Best young ruck in the league. Hit outs to advantage would have been even better if our mids could have grasped the ball at the first chance. A couple of tiny fumbles meant they wouldn’t have been able to count them
I am amazed that so few people realise just how valuable Darcy is.He has played well almost all season.Not just his ruck work , but just watch how he protects the smaller players in the contests.He uses his big body to protect them.He wins enough clearances every week.Gets the ball out to those outside.
He has been underestimated all year.

I am amazed that so few people realise just how valuable Darcy is.He has played well almost all season.Not just his ruck work , but just watch how he protects the smaller players in the contests.He uses his big body to protect them.He wins enough clearances every week.Gets the ball out to those outside.
He has been underestimated all year.
Plus durability and versatility this year. He was BOG against St Kilda before the dog act. His work against Grundy was invaluable.
He was 50/50 against Gawn tbh. Don’t get the fuss of Max. Absolutely overrated with an awful goalkicking and decision making. Darcy was up with him all game
Funny how we all thought Lobb was the ruck early weeks. Now it’s Darcy locked in with Lobb having a downer of a second half to the season.

The Lobb goal was a real lowlight for North's midfielders. Brayshaw took it on the defensive side of the centre square and was allowed a paddock to run into and then kick to Lobb's advantage.

Dear buddy,

Congrats on your lack of stutter in front of goal. Looks like our daily one-on-one therapy sessions over Zoom have really helped. You had your best game in a long time. Keep it up.

Sincerely,
Your buddy (and mind coach)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I want to add to the Darcy love. He was not great at the start (or restart) of the season. He looked like a liability to me - slow, fragile, unable to influence the stoppage and a magnet for free kicks against. But he has built so well into the season. The free kicks can still be an issue, but he is vastly improved both in stoppages and around the ground. Hats off to the big dog.

Tip of the hat to Lobb as well. Great game after a fairly lean patch.

I want to add to the Darcy love. He was not great at the start (or restart) of the season. He looked like a liability to me - slow, fragile, unable to influence the stoppage and a magnet for free kicks against. But he has built so well into the season. The free kicks can still be an issue, but he is vastly improved both in stoppages and around the ground. Hats off to the big dog.

I think the frees, or a lot of them are tiggy touch wood decisions that could go either way.But sadly "Onions" always seems to get pinged.

Lobb also HD the most time on the ground. Him and tabs have elite fitness

No backline can hold up when the ball is coming in that well. Tarrant, McKay and McDonald are all good 1v1 defenders. It was the North midfield that let them down.

I’m still at a loss how Brayshaw had that much space, Darcy kept Anderson out of it, but aside from him Brayshaw had 30m of space

Remove this Banner Ad

Back