Training - Monday 5th Jan 2009.

Remove this Banner Ad

abcxyz

Team Captain
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Does anyone know the details of next weeks training schedule.

I rang the club a couple of weeks ago to confirm Monday 5th was the first session back but they couldn't tell me where it would be held or if it would be open to the public. Calls today on the Tiger Den and General Enquiries numbers are going unanswered (probably re-opening next week).

I want to get my 4y.o. boy down there for a look so he can decide on a number for his new jumper. Taking a couple of other kids down too in an attempt to convert them from the darkside:D.

Does anyone know the details of next weeks training schedule.

I rang the club a couple of weeks ago to confirm Monday 5th was the first session back but they couldn't tell me where it would be held or if it would be open to the public. Calls today on the Tiger Den and General Enquiries numbers are going unanswered (probably re-opening next week).

I want to get my 4y.o. boy down there for a look so he can decide on a number for his new jumper. Taking a couple of other kids down too in an attempt to convert them from the darkside:D.

Don't know the training schedule, but can already give you some advice on the jumper numbers.

9, 3, 12, 41 or maybe 32;) even if its only for a year or two.

Or buy a larger sized jumper so he can grow into it with 8 on the back;). Stay tuned for this one.

If anyone heads down to training today, could you please post in here.

For those like myself who have started back at work today :)() It will be greatly appreciated :thumbsu:

Rang the 9429 5333 number from 09:00 - 09:15 but still going through to voicemail. Called the Tigers Den. Guy there was very helpful but hadn't received the email to advise them of training times this week.

He said the Tigers were out training at Punt Road Oval though. Probably means no training tomorrow. That screws it for me.

If anyone down at RFC reads this, can you please put the training times for the coming week on the voice message on 9429 5333. Alternatively, post the emailed details on the website somewhere. We don't want a big song-and-dance, just the information (especially during school holidays).

I just got through to the club and was told:

"No open to the public training sessions this week have yet been announced. If there is any change to this then details will be posted on the website".

Bit of a shame as I have a 2 year old I'm keen to get into the spirit in my last week off work.

Go Tiges and happy new year all

I watched some of the training session today- fairly standard drills. Always surprises me how much i now like david king- seems a very positive force at the club. Cogs was travelling well, Polak was joining in all the drills. Cousins as always looks incredible and its always fun to watch richo taking the piss and being on the recieving end. Foley and Thomson seem to have palled up already and were doing extra work together at the end of the session.

I watched some of the training session today- fairly standard drills. Always surprises me how much i now like david king- seems a very positive force at the club. Cogs was travelling well, Polak was joining in all the drills. Cousins as always looks incredible and its always fun to watch richo taking the piss and being on the recieving end. Foley and Thomson seem to have palled up already and were doing extra work together at the end of the session.

thx zip:thumbsu:

How did u get in? the post above said it was closed? If you were standing outside the gate, Whenever i call the answer is the same old saying " there is no open sessions this week". I seriously dont think the people who answer the phone even know when there training tbh.:thumbsdown:

Did you see how Trent and Jayden went?

How did u get in?

I ended up racing down with my son. Got there about 10.30am but missed the session. Had a good kick of the footy in the park though.:eek:

The ground at the City end (near the carpark) was open so you wouldn't have any trouble wondering in. The door from the Tigers Den through to the ground was also open.

Also saw Morton, Cousins and Cotchin coming back from being out and about. All happy to say hello which was good.

Anyway, I'll get my sh!t together earlier next time and try and see some drills.

Thanks zipper12 for the rundown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was in todays HUN. It was half way down in a crap Collingwood article, so im guessing not to many tiges would have read it.

"At Punt Rd, Richmond football operations manager Ross Monaghan said the club was delighted with how the players had returned from a two-week holiday. "Generally, we're really pleased with the way they've all presented themselves," Monaghan said.
"They're in good shape and good spirits too, which is important after a break and they're keen to get into it.
"We've had no problems with that at all.
"We had a few light skills to get back into it and a few light weights.
"We just want to get them back into the swing of things."
Daniel Jackson continued his impressive off-season form, winning the lap of the Tan in just over 13 minutes.
"Dan Jackson has consistently been doing really well in the time trials we've had," Monaghan said.
"He and Matty White have been pushing each other pretty hard.
"Brett Deledio ran really well, too."
Luke McGuane spent his break in Boston, where the temperature struggled to reach 0C.
The defender rugged up to keep fit and impressed on his return to training.
Tall forward draftee Jayden Post has also caught the eye with his running ability, despite standing 194cm.
Kane Pettifer (knee reconstruction) and Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls (shoulder surgery) are the only major injury concerns.
Richard Tambling has suffered some groin soreness, but is still running.
"The boys will work towards a pretty solid couple of weeks later this month and then they'll obviously ease off a little bit when the practice matches start," Monaghan said.
Richmond's NAB Cup starts against Fremantle at Subiaco Oval on Sunday, February 15.":)

2009 Training Times

The following Richmond training sessions will be open to the public throughout the month of January.

Tuesdays (skills training)
10am–Noon at Punt Road Oval
* Please note not all players will participate in this session.

Wednesdays (full training)
9-11am at Victoria Park, Collingwood

Training times can be changed at the last minute, so please check this page to confirm times.
A reminder to all supporters wishing to attend training sessions at Punt Road Oval that there is NO public parking at the ground.

Cheers rig, but where did you find that page? You able to post up that direct link? Cheers in advance. :thumbsu:

Got one more week off work and wouldnt mind getting into the spirit early on. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back