Training Training Reports 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Val Keating

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just a random thought, with Arden st being a pretty small ground I’m surprised they don’t spend more time working on how to deal with a forward press? I’m sure they do to an extent, but they could really just have a back 6 or 7, use the majority of the rest of the list to clog up space and have 4 or 5 bail out options.

LuvtheKangas

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2006
Bottom of the ladder
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just a random thought, with Arden st being a pretty small ground I’m surprised they don’t spend more time working on how to deal with a forward press? I’m sure they do to an extent, but they could really just have a back 6 or 7, use the majority of the rest of the list to clog up space and have 4 or 5 bail out options.
You want more clogging from our list?

Tas

Premium Gold
Dec 23, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There can be only one...
Same dimensions as Docklands now after the surface was extended.

Val Keating

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On game day when we have trouble getting it out of deference we often go long down the line to a tall, hoping that we can mark take a mark but usually we play for the boundary and reset. I never see this at training. In match sim Goldy or Brown often were able to take an uncontested mark on the boundary. That never happens from a kick in. IMO not being able to deal with a forward press is one of our biggest weaknesses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Val Keating

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Stand outs,
Hall was great, vision & disposal outstanding. Absolute bargain
LDU was in everything, I think he’s challenging Higgins for best disposal at the club.
I thought Goldy covered the ground well to provide a marking option.
Thomas did a couple of things that were “yep he’s got it”
Hrovat was busy
Anderson looks like he’s good to go this week.
Garner, just the fact he was out there.
Bailey Scott is a work horse. Need a nickname for this kid. Doesn’t stop running.

Harris 10

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 8, 2004
hgfhkagk
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Stand outs,
Hall was great, vision & disposal outstanding. Absolute bargain
LDU was in everything, I think he’s challenging Higgins for best disposal at the club.
I thought Goldy covered the ground well to provide a marking option.
Thomas did a couple of things that were “yep he’s got it”
Hrovat was busy
Anderson looks like he’s good to go this week.
Garner, just the fact he was out there.
Bailey Scott is a work horse. Need a nickname for this kid. Doesn’t stop running.
Did the ball bounce Simpkins way?

Top Bottom