Training Training Reports 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Dom Tyson, Taylor or Simpkin but honestly they swap bibs so often it’s hard to tell. Really surprised they’re going to name McDonald tonight.

If I were to guess it will be Williams in for McDonald, Higgins for Hrovat.

I presume Saturday's open training will likely be a better guide to any changes.

another little thing. Probably not worth posting but I think it shows a bit about the culture they’re trying to develop. Clubs have rules. Obviously when a coach blows the whistle everyone is supposed to stop.

A coach blew the whistle and one of the new blokes kept running and had a shot. Turner gave a little spray, “stop. As soon as the whistle goes stop”

another little thing. Probably not worth posting but I think it shows a bit about the culture they’re trying to develop. Clubs have rules. Obviously when a coach blows the whistle everyone is supposed to stop.

A coach blew the whistle and one of the new blokes kept running and had a shot. Turner gave a little spray, “stop. As soon as the whistle goes stop”

Wouldn’t call Ziebell new.

Same with Anderson. The thing with watching Anderson against his teammates that manic attack on the man isn’t as full on so you get to see his class and ability to accumulate. If he adds that to his game then woweee.

I actually thought he'd done that a bit against Port too, just sat off the pack and got the handball instead of being sucked in like we usually are. he had a few nice kicks forward to advantage iirc. i'll have to check that replay tonight.

I had a chance to spend a few hours at training today.

First off, Majak looked great. Took part in everything except match sim. Don’t think he’s far off. The boys all got around him a few times so I’m guessing today was another small milestone. His smile is infectious.

Kyron Hayden’s ball use is elite. Loads of talent there. Gets lost a bit in the match sim stuff, but he stands out in the drills. Reckon he should be given a tagging role.

Garner looks a shadow of the player we saw in 2017. He’s had a long lay off so not surprising. Probably a bit underdone.

Simpkin was training like he’s hungry to play.

I was worried when Polec was just cutting laps. Then he went into match sim and was playing as though there wasn’t any issue.

Same with Anderson. The thing with watching Anderson against his teammates that manic attack on the man isn’t as full on so you get to see his class and ability to accumulate. If he adds that to his game then woweee.

There was this moment when Larkey took a contested mark and I was thinking gees good mark, then I looked at Whitecross shaking his head back at the coaches. Reckon he wasn’t happy with McKay who should’ve spoiled.

Any questions?
Is Maj, non contact and is he doing load baring stuff or just gentle running and soft kicks?

[QUOTE="Val Keating, post: 60657901, member: 186105"

There was this moment when Larkey took a contested mark and I was thinking gees good mark, then I looked at Whitecross shaking his head back at the coaches. Reckon he wasn’t happy with McKay who should’ve spoiled.

Any questions?[/QUOTE]

No questions your honour, we've a lot of work to do.

Now we know why the boys stop chasing during matches.......

I actually thought he'd done that a bit against Port too, just sat off the pack and got the handball instead of being sucked in like we usually are. he had a few nice kicks forward to advantage iirc. i'll have to check that replay tonight.

He did a little bit.

Is Maj, non contact and is he doing load baring stuff or just gentle running and soft kicks?

Wouldn’t say non contact. He took part in contested marking, tackling, kicking run throughs. Also took part in a drill that was focused on forward/defensive pressure- One side would try lock the ball in forward 50, defenders try to bring it out.

Obviously no one was going to tackle him hard but it certainly wasn’t non contact.

[QUOTE="Val Keating, post: 60657901, member: 186105"

Any questions?

No questions your honour, we've a lot of work to do.[/QUOTE]

Lucky there’s plenty to work with. Needs to learn how to use his body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did a little bit.

Wouldn’t say non contact. He took part in contested marking, tackling, kicking run throughs. Also took part in a drill that was focused on forward/defensive pressure- One side would try lock the ball in forward 50, defenders try to bring it out.

Obviously no one was going to tackle him hard but it certainly wasn’t non contact.
Sounds promising. Keep him away from Jed and Cunners.

Play on advantage?

Play on advantage?

It was probably nothing tbh. Just seemed like a respect thing at the time.

It’s like one of those small things, players that just throw the water bottle or kick the ball over the fence, leave the locker room messy, leave the plates on the table after lunch. Small things like that add up. If you get the people at the club doing all the little things to show respect and care it starts to build a subconscious care about the club. Then it means more when they wear the jumper and represent the club.

here now, your not sitting in the 3rd row, Gibbo, Clarke and LA have moved on and JMac always picks out an opposition player.
Nope, toiling away for the taxman 📈

Not like Turner knows much about finishing a goal off

It was probably nothing tbh. Just seemed like a respect thing at the time.

It’s like one of those small things, players that just throw the water bottle or kick the ball over the fence, leave the locker room messy, leave the plates on the table after lunch. Small things like that add up. If you get the people at the club doing all the little things to show respect and care it starts to build a subconscious care about the club. Then it means more when they wear the jumper and represent the club.
Add buying your first home

I’ve noticed this is a bit of a topic on here at the moment. What did I miss?

Its become a bit of a running gag. Scott said that if a player can buy a house out of playing footy then they've done alright. Think it was originally a "Sheedyism" from the '90's but there you go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back