Training Training Reports 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

How about you get down there old man and let us know what's happening, some of us still pay taxes
Well I too will be working so it won’t be me

i wonder if they're treating it as kind of a test for Willie - get him back in front of a big crowd and see how he handles the scrutiny. They can't hide him away forever, so it makes sense to just rip the bandaid. Plus maybe being back in front of adoring fans will be good for his morale

Oh goddammit, next week is terrible timing for me. This had better not be the only one *shakes fist*
There’s also been tweets from the club about players appearing at HJ’s and footballs being handed out after games again so it seems there’s been a relaxation of the covid protocols that’s prevented these.

I’d be assuming that weekly open training sessions are back and this is just the first one. Willie coming back is merely a coincidence

Went for a bit. Willie was in the forwards group. Shuey and Yeo didn't do much but Shuey seemed to be helping run a few midfield stoppages. Kelly, Witherden, Gov, Shepp all looked fine. Wouldn't be surprised if we get the band back together with Shuey, Kelly and Yeo this weekend finally. LEdwards was in the midfield group too. Finally we are getting a tiny bit of luck. Good turnout too.

Made it down yesterday report below

- Duggan looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge end to 2021.
- Williams went up against Vardy in the ruck contests and I'd say that Vardy has the inside running at the moment
- LEdwards looked a class above the other midfielders bar Gaff. Just knew how to find the footy and wouldn't miss a target all session.
- Sheed kicked on his right foot for 80% of the game, I reckon. Nice to see players working on their non-preferred so readily.
- Kennedy looked like he was doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the quarters. Allen in particular seemed to be following him around.
- Gee Rioli has some skills. He mainly jogged laps before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a kick.
- What interested me the most was that Brander split his time between the defenders and the forwards, could be seeing a swingman role for the back half of 2021.
- Langdon is very fast - Cripps couldn't keep up.
- Nelson is pale as buggery and still doesn't really have the body shape you'd expect of an AFL player.
- There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Suma, but I'm sure I was wrong...
- No sign of Yeo, Waterman or Kelly . Couldn't tell you why

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back