Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t know about you guys but I’ve played footy long enough to know / notice that after being 0-7 & nowhere near it … this training looks so crap without any sort of intensity or interest… to say we are going to come close to firing a shot this week …
Is there something going on here us members are not aware of ? I’m no conspiracy theorist but FFS … this is just crap .
It does look like a casual day at the park

Don’t know about you guys but I’ve played footy long enough to know / notice that after being 0-7 & nowhere near it … this training looks so crap without any sort of intensity or interest… to say we are going to come close to firing a shot this week …
Is there something going on here us members are not aware of ? I’m no conspiracy theorist but FFS … this is just crap .
You got a photo of Luke McDonald running AND pointing, what more do you want?
Screen Shot 2024-04-30 at 2.55.37 pm.png

I did not know that Lukey could multi task.... what will he bring to the table next?
Pat Your Head And Rub Your Tummy GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

It does look like a casual day at the park

0-8 coming up. No intensity. No wonder we lose. We are just physically and mentally weak. Those are just warm up exercise from other clubs.

Sounds very much like players have been instructed to up the voices and communication on the back of so much talk that we have a fairly timid and quiet group in general.
Can confirm. Players ran through several rounds of YMCA to hone their projection.

McDonald tweaked a hammy trying reach up for a "Y" but Curtis Taylor really pushed his case for selection with some super loud "YOUNG MAN" shouts.

He'd clearly done a lot of practice and it showed.

Can confirm. Players ran through several rounds of YMCA to hone their projection.

McDonald tweaked a hammy trying reach up for a "Y" but Curtis Taylor really pushed his case for selection with some super loud "YOUNG MAN" shouts.

He'd clearly done a lot of practice and it showed.
Confusion ensued when Hugh Greenwood shouted, "Lachie Young man, are you listening to me?". Forgetting that he had been delisted at the end of last season, an embarrassed Hugh left training early.

You got a photo of Luke McDonald running AND pointing, what more do you want?
View attachment 1975219

What is Luke McDonald signalling? Right answers only.

• ‘that’s not my man!’
  • ‘you take him, you’re closer’
  • ‘Rotations bench. I need a break. I’m next.’
  • ‘that’s seriously not my man’
  • ‘McKercher! Man up on Larkey’
  • ‘For the last ******* time! It’s not my man!’

Confusion ensued when Hugh Greenwood shouted, "Lachie Young man, are you listening to me?". Forgetting that he had been delisted at the end of last season, an embarrassed Hugh left training early.
On a serious notes, spare a thought for Lachie watching on this year thinking "and they chose  me to delist?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally did no worse than blokes we've handed out four year contracts to
Unfortunately for Lachie it was quite clear that Clarko didn't rate him, he had a reasonably good 2022 playing 20 games but once Clarko was on board he only played 4 games in 2023.

What is Luke McDonald signalling? Right answers only.

• ‘that’s not my man!’
  • ‘you take him, you’re closer’
  • ‘Rotations bench. I need a break. I’m next.’
  • ‘that’s seriously not my man’
  • ‘McKercher! Man up on Larkey’
  • ‘For the last ******* time! It’s not my man!’
  • “Hey trainer can you get my ball please? I kicked it 10 meters over the fence trying to hit a target 5 meters inside the boundary”
  • “Hey Corr. Try and stay within 15 metres of your opponent. It’s called close checking in Defensive terminology”
  • “Hey Jy, do you think you can kick over the height of my finger?”
  • “Hey Cat Stephens, stop running away from your shadow”.

was gonna say is this what afl level standard training looks like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back