Training Training Reports and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

You know, they’re here on the AAMI Park side of the ground and I’m just watching Markov thinking…I’m so f**king happy for this bloke

Markov is already the world's happiest footballer.

Seeing how he celebrates after a good tackle/smother/pass I want to know what he's like after winning a flag.

yep exactly right.

Frampton forward means he can also take the I50 ruck-contests against O with Cox/Cameron a kick behind the ball to prevent /intercept the outlet kicks.

A 3-way Cox-Cam-Fram all out assault on O to bang him up and run him into the ground would also appeal.

In the event O is hampered means Daniher has to spend more time in the ruck which starts to weaken their forward structure.

We rarely don’t have the onfield ruckman contesting stoppages inside F50. The only caveat being if both are on the ground but even then the actual ruckman usually follows the opposition ruck into F50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not confirmed mate but you train as you play. I’ve come around to it and reckon that’s how we go.

The only question being the sub.

Plus side being frampton can play anywhere if required. (Talking myself into it)

Don’t think there’s any question on the sub. Ginnivan has that locked up. He has an impact when he’s introduced onto the ground which is all you want/expect from your sub.

I don't buy the whole 'Frampton isn't a forward' thing. Can you mark? can you kick 40+ metres? Yes? then you are capable of being a forward option. Sure you're not going to be a Tony Lockett out there but it really is that simple. From 9 shots at goal this year he's kicked 7 of them with 2 behinds which is more than accurate enough.

Yep, this. I’m not disregarding Frampton as a forward. Think he’ll play his role. Arguably a better mark than Kreuger. I just think Kreuger would bring more because he aggressively hunts the footy or player with it, and he’s really quick for his size.

I don’t buy into the injury bullshit posters keep regurgitating. He’s had a solid and consistent VFL season and he’s no more or less likely to get injured than any other player. Reminds me of the early tags allocated to Benny Johnson, Tooves, and Langdon types. Posters just can’t move past them.

frampton has played his entire senior career as a tall forward (pinch hit ruck) until early last year when Adel decided to try him as a key back.

kreuger has played his entire senior career (geelong vfl) as a tall defender until he arrived at the pies in 2022. since then he's played 5 senior games (2022) and 2 senior games (2023) as a tall forward.

we can argue the toss of performance / output / capability etc of the two of them but ..

Pretty sure Kreuger also played forward. He was trialed in defence in his last year at the Cats.

Only 1 change based on what we’re hearing from the club imho. Either Frampton or Noble for McStay. Both would be starting 22. If it’s Noble, WHE or Howe would be moving forward and he’d replace them in defence.
Frampton is already confirmed - if JFN were to come in someone would need to be omitted from the 23 (Ginni , Markov , Lippa). Can't see that happening at this stage.

Only 1 change based on what we’re hearing from the club imho. Either Frampton or Noble for McStay. Both would be starting 22. If it’s Noble, WHE or Howe would be moving forward and he’d replace them in defence.
just hoping we know what we are doing picking lipinski ..its a gamble

Don’t think there’s any question on the sub. Ginnivan has that locked up. He has an impact when he’s introduced onto the ground which is all you want/expect from your sub.
Agree that Ginni has been good. One thing in Nobles favour is that in the last quarters the ball has been locked in defence. Might be worth considering a bloke who moves it out of defence.

That makes sense but as someone who dies on hills, I’ll remain consistent and back my man Frampton to get the job done.

I said numerous times throughout the year that unless we’re playing Melbourne in the GF, we won’t win the flag if Frampton isn’t playing, particularly against Brisbane.

I’ll continue to remain consistent in this train of thought.

If Frampton is indeed picked, I’m sure we’ll all back him to play his role. I’d stay away from the game day thread though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back