Training Training Reports and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Lipinski over Noble is immensely disappointing, even more so when you consider Lipinski doesn't suit the sub role at all but Noble does.

Slow, outside, soft, distance running grinder vs. Pacey, aggressive, hard nosed little suicide rocket. We are going to be looking to inject some fresh pace into the game and we are going to get Lipinski plodding along slower than all the blokes who have already played 3 quarters.
Trying to make sense of it, I’m thinking that with the forecast heat, the brains-trust must think it more important to have fresh legs specifically in the mid-field (where all may be exhausted and plodding by the last quarter), not so much in defence or out on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sier was a better player than Lipinski - certainly as an inside mid. Lipinski's outside game may be better, but Sier was an extractor rather than a receiver.

My point was we likely wouldn’t have chased Lipinski if Sier had stayed and realized his potential rather than opt for district footy with his mates. Same goes for Mitchell I’d have thought.

Sier was a better player than Lipinski - certainly as an inside mid. Lipinski's outside game may be better, but Sier was an extractor rather than a receiver.
Sier had maybe 10-15 good games in his career. Lipinski is nearing his 100th.

Different classes of player. What Sier ought to have been, however...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back