Training Training Reports - Current report, Monday 13th February, Post #1427

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did the training reports stop? Closed sessions?

I have been going to every session but I guess I couldn't be bothered after sending out reasonably comprehensive training reports by text message to half a dozen people. Couldn't be bothered sitting down at the computer and doing it all over again.
Surely there are others who get along to training who can post their thoughts/observations.

I have been going to every session but I guess I couldn't be bothered after sending out reasonably comprehensive training reports by text message to half a dozen people. Couldn't be bothered sitting down at the computer and doing it all over again.
Surely there are others who get along to training who can post their thoughts/observations.
I like your reports

but you're a bit grumpier than Axeman:(

:p

If you changed the texting to friends to email you could simply copy paste to BigFooty...

If you changed the texting to friends to email you could simply copy paste to BigFooty...
That's what I was going to say. I think you can copy and paste into a post on your phone anyway.

Geez we are all a bunch of desperados begging grumpy N24 to post his text messages to his friends.

Alright - I'll come out and say it - "can we be your friends too N24?" :p:D

If you add one of us to this texting group, we could transcribe it to BF for you

I'm sure you're probably right but I'm too old and tired to care any more.:(

Join the club #24, that's exactly how I feel (you can add grumpy) when I can't read any training reports. At breakfast, my wife knows if there has been footy news worth reading ie. your reports;), or, if I have just read more BF b/s by my manor at the breakfast bar.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Join the club #24, that's exactly how I feel (you can add grumpy) when I can't read any training reports. At breakfast, my knows if there has been footy news worth reading ie. your reports;), or, if I have just read more BF b/s by my manor at the breakfast bar.

As another grumpy veteran Hawthorn supporter I also enjoy Number 24's astute observations. Keep up the good work N24 and don't lose the attitude.

I will also reinforce your reports Number24 as pretty great.
The no nonsense approach & the odd swipe at people with strange/different (myself included) comments is gold.
Between the 3-4 guys that contribute heavily in these types of threads filling us with info, it is very much appreciated every year.
We're almost there for round 1 & I would like to say THANK YOU to all of you guys for getting us through the preseason so far

Hmmmmmmm, comprehensive and text message in the same sentence :huh:

I can think of hundreds of questions I would like to ask someone who has been to every session.
Since I have already bothered you, I will ask one question.
Do you notice a dominant coaching voice on the training track?

I can think of hundreds of questions I would like to ask someone who has been to every session.

No there isn't one dominant coaching voice. All the coaches have their roles. They work (mostly) in separate groups doing whatever that player group is concentrating on at that time. When it comes to match simulation there is usually one coach who is "the umpire" and the other coaches, if you just look from the outside, are just standing around fairly passively. But when there's a stop in play the coaches go to their group....fwds, backs, mids etc..... and obviously provide the feedback on what they have been watching. Occasionally Clarko will be out on the oval and address the whole group but generally he takes a pretty low profile.

As to my text message training reports, I can't forward them to this site because I'm extremely fortunate to be able to speak to players and coaches and I am told things from time to time which I won't repeat on a public forum such as this Board. I share that info with people whom I trust and only those people. For instance one day last week I had a discussion with a coach about a certain player and what was being done to rectify certain deficiencies in that players skill set. I was given an incredibly incite full explanation of why that player does what he does, and which detracts from his performance, and what the coaches are doing to try and remedy that. I'm sure you would all like to know the details of all that but I'll only share that with a very limited few. So that's why the text messages can't be copied and pasted.

No there isn't one dominant coaching voice. All the coaches have their roles. They work (mostly) in separate groups doing whatever that player group is concentrating on at that time. When it comes to match simulation there is usually one coach who is "the umpire" and the other coaches, if you just look from the outside, are just standing around fairly passively. But when there's a stop in play the coaches go to their group....fwds, backs, mids etc..... and obviously provide the feedback on what they have been watching. Occasionally Clarko will be out on the oval and address the whole group but generally he takes a pretty low profile.

As to my text message training reports, I can't forward them to this site because I'm extremely fortunate to be able to speak to players and coaches and I am told things from time to time which I won't repeat on a public forum such as this Board. I share that info with people whom I trust and only those people. For instance one day last week I had a discussion with a coach about a certain player and what was being done to rectify certain deficiencies in that players skill set. I was given an incredibly incite full explanation of why that player does what he does, and which detracts from his performance, and what the coaches are doing to try and remedy that. I'm sure you would all like to know the details of all that but I'll only share that with a very limited few. So that's why the text messages can't be copied and pasted.
It's like you're teasing your pet dog with a chip just out of its reach

:(

From the couple of sessions I have attended it seemed to me that Clarko stalked the centre square line observing while Cam Bruce did the most barking with Ratts a close second. Clarko steps in to address the whole group at times then retreats a little while his senior assistants run the operations of the session.
Perfect delegation to his senior staff.

Well that's is pretty cool!

I will be watching my fab 3 of Langers, TOB & JOR to be getting a game....
I can obviously only assume!

Nice tit bit again mate

Edit - I'm going with my gut on a post a bit earlier of mine that Langers is getting groomed as a defensive forward who will get solid minutes in the middle if he can tidy up his hands & be a clearance beast.

Last edited:

You could ruffle so many feathers in here by posting the same insider info with all the juicy bits [redacted] :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back