Training Training reports - Latest - Mon 26th February, 2018 #956

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much to take away from today's session as there wasn't much in the way of competitive drills. It seemd to be a very low intemsity session, maybe because it was already stinking hot by 9am?

The onlly real drill of note was about half of the players against about 8 of the coaches, and it seemd to be the coaches kicking out from defense playing keepings off. I think it was a structural drill, working on positioning etc when the oppostion defence are taking a kick out from the goal or deep in our forward line. It was not a long or super intense drill but I was impressed with the work of Pittonet who was very vocal in instructing other players where to be and took two nice marks at the last line of defence. Is this an indication that he will drop back in defence when not taking the ruck duties?

Was also impressed with CJ. He has steadily improved across the pre-season with his positioning and pressure on the ball carrier. The fact that he is so quick makes him difficult for the guy with the ball to get away from and he is very good at coralling and harassing his opponent.

Tom Mitchell was in amongst the main group so there is definitely no issue with his thigh.

Cyril ran laps and ran hard. He appears to be very fit.

Bog Boy ran laps and ran really well.

Jackson Ross ran laps all morning as did Will Langford.

Sorry but that is about it for this week.

Not much to take away from today's session as there wasn't much in the way of competitive drills. It seemd to be a very low intemsity session, maybe because it was already stinking hot by 9am?

The onlly real drill of note was about half of the players against about 8 of the coaches, and it seemd to be the coaches kicking out from defense playing keepings off. I think it was a structural drill, working on positioning etc when the oppostion defence are taking a kick out from the goal or deep in our forward line. It was not a long or super intense drill but I was impressed with the work of Pittonet who was very vocal in instructing other players where to be and took two nice marks at the last line of defence. Is this an indication that he will drop back in defence when not taking the ruck duties?

Was also impressed with CJ. He has steadily improved across the pre-season with his positioning and pressure on the ball carrier. The fact that he is so quick makes him difficult for the guy with the ball to get away from and he is very good at coralling and harassing his opponent.

Tom Mitchell was in amongst the main group so there is definitely no issue with his thigh.

giphy.gif

Thanks again Axeman!

Out of interest - using your crystal ball where do you foresee CJ playing in future?? Do you think he will get much Box Hill gametime this year?

Thanks again Axeman!

Out of interest - using your crystal ball where do you foresee CJ playing in future?? Do you think he will get much Box Hill gametime this year?

Now that the development league is gone I would imagine that all the guys that aren't playing seniors will be playing at Box Hill.

giphy.gif

Thanks again Axeman!

CJ has been really really impressive this preseason.

He will play at BHH, no doubt. One could be concerned about his lack of size, but he's got a regular draftees lean body. No different to Moore or Ross.

Will play as a high half forward

CJ has been really really impressive this preseason.

He will play at BHH, no doubt. One could be concerned about his lack of size, but he's got a regular draftees lean body. No different to Moore or Ross.

Will play as a high half forward

That was Harley Bennell's position while at the Suns funnily enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s CJ’s kicking like? Sorry if you’ve already stated it in an earlier post

PS: You still rock

That was Harley Bennell's position while at the Suns funnily enough.
If that was the second or third response to a thread on the main board, you’d easily break the 100 likes barrier. That’s some good big footying

Bog boy? Is that a typo or did he have an accident?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m hopimg a year or two in the system gets his kicking to a B Hill standard. Brad was a bit iffy when he was drafted. Ended up a great kick
His downside was his ability to get his hands on the pill and be in the game

CJ a long way from playing senior footy at this stage he is a project player

Have you seen much of him, TFP?

Realistically, you're probably correct, but putting my optimistic hat on, the training reports have been quite promising and he's only still settling in.

Throw us a banana..

CJ a long way from playing senior footy at this stage he is a project player
You are spot on, but Suckling was a project player, had many ups and downs in his time at the club and still ended up a two time premiership player.

I'd be happy with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back