Training Training Reports, Pics 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

It won't be long before the guys hit the track, after having 10 weeks of rest and recovery.
There will be some preparing already, with the rest due back soon enough and straight into full swing for the upcoming season.

For now we can just track the status of the players.

Is Pickett good to go?
Has Marchbank got over his shoulder surgery?
Is Sheehan locked and loaded?
Is Murphy finally on top of his ankle issues?

Who else went into surgery and when will they be ready to resume?

Harks, please keep up the good work as you always do! For people not in Melbourne you provide us with good insights:thumbsu::thumbsu:
it's just a new thread........

It used to usually be just after Melbourne Cup, so can't be long now for the 1st to 4th year players.

I'd expect others to jump in for an early return to the track, eager to improve.

Well, there's going to be plenty of players to look forward to seeing this pre-season, pre-draft.
These are the guys that I'd be keeping a particularly keen eye on:

Marchbank: Obvious reasons but to see how he blends in with his fellow backs.
Plowman: Hard to take much out of last years pre-season, because he didn't have one.
Pickett: New player, new attitude. I don't know what to expect but looking forward to expect the unexpected.
Sumner: Another that had no pre-season but now may have a little extra pressure upon him. I reckon he'll turn up.
Boekhorst: Just because.
Cuningham: Reckon he's really going to clock things up after getting a taste of things late in the season. This guy has tricks to burn.
Silvagni: Just to see how he shapes up after months on the weights.
McKay: Very aggressive last year and watch out this year, if good to go.
Gibbs: ...................................................................................

Harks, please keep up the good work as you always do! For people not in Melbourne you provide us with good insights:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Also those in Melbourne who are just too lazy and have trouble mingling with the human race....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am always interested in how new players at the club go. If they are not willing to put in the really hard yards when they are an unknown and need to impress, they are not going to make it.

It is not the first few sessions when this becomes apparent, it is when they start to feel comfortable around the place that you get to see the real intensity default level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back