Training Training Reports, Pics 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, called in for an early lunch at Sharks today.

Hadn't even got to the fence and in match simulation Simmo with dash off half back hits his target with a 40metre pass to advantage. didn't have to break stride. Had to go back to the car for some new pants and to freshen up.

Players split into two groups and I followed the forwards down to watch some shots under pressure. Wright and SOSOS were really accurate from everywhere and couldn't help but notice Charlie's roost. was getting some serious distance and was not far behind with accuracy.

They then went back to a controlled match simulation drill where they were bringing the ball out of defence. Again couldn't help notice Charlie who seemed to set up from the centre and was breaking to the wing to provide an option for release ball from half back. Gorringe was drifting forward and took some strong grabs at the highest point. Really clean and the ball just stuck.

Bolts then took the a group where the drill was simply a one on one marking contest. no leading just body positioning and strength. H Mac (drool) dominated this drill. He seriously knows where to position himself and I never seen him beaten, just seemed to keep body contact and then eases away to take a clean grab.

Interesting Jones and Jaksch competed through these drills and Jaksch was easily the more dominant, not sure if that really means squat though.
Will post some photos soon, Bolts bailed me up to make sure I wasn't recording an footage and to make sure it was just photos. Little man has some authority in his voice, I was ready to go and sit in the naughty corner.

Was only a 40 minute snippet, but was well impressed with the chatter and intensity. Hope to get back on Friday as well as Sunday.

Hi all, called in for an early lunch at Sharks today.
Hadn't even got to the fence and in match simulation Simmo with dash off half back hits his target with a 40metre pass to advantage. didn't have to break stride. Had to go back to the car for some new pants and to freshen up.
Players split into two groups and I followed the forwards down to watch some shots under pressure. Wright and SOSOS were really accurate from everywhere and couldn't help but notice Charlie's roost. was getting some serious distance and was not far behind with accuracy.
They then went back to a controlled match simulation drill where they were bringing the ball out of defence. Again couldn't help notice Charlie who seemed to set up from the centre and was breaking to the wing to provide an option for release ball from half back. Gorringe was drifting forward and took some strong grabs at the highest point. Really clean and the ball just stuck.
Bolts then took the a group where the drill was simply a one on one marking contest. no leading just body positioning and strength. H Mac (drool) dominated this drill. He seriously knows where to position himself and I never seen him beaten, just seemed to keep body contact and then eases away to take a clean grab.
Interesting Jones and Jaksch competed through these drills and Jaksch was easily the more dominant, not sure if that really means squat though.
Will post some photos soon, Bolts bailed me up to make sure I wasn't recording an footage and to make sure it was just photos. Little man has some authority in his voice, I was ready to go and sit in the naughty corner.
Was only a 40 minute snippet, but was well impressed with the chatter and intensity. Hope to get back on Friday as well as Sunday.
Thanks Mr.Jones..keep the reports coming. Please comment on the young fellas if you get the chance to look at them.

Appreciate your efforts..we have been starved down here..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep i went goin to do a bit of a wrap tonight after work

Oh man, thought they were all closed sessions until Saturday.

Anyone know when they are training at Sharks again?

Dropped in this morning and watched the boys training, all the boys look it great shape as you would expect this time of year they trained with great intensity and enthusiasm got to talk to one of training stuff members and told me some things 86 players and stuff made the trip to gold coast and are here till next Wednesday the club think they got a absolute steal getting Fisher who he said has been dominant in any match simulation they've had. I mentioned Charlie Curnow and the club think this boy could be anything possibly the next Kouta"no pressure " also asked about the gibbs trade and sos was never going to trade unless we got a great deal that we couldn't refuse . After the running and ball drills they had a match simulation and the players that stood out to me was clearly gibbs he was absolutely dominant and is all class and im so glad we kept him, Doc, kerridge, wright also where good Phillips i think will end up our number one ruckmen is great at his tap work and of the young fellas Cunningham, marchbank, plowman and Curnow all impressed just before i left crippa came out and sat just in front of me i said gday and ask how his back was and he said he is feeling great and will be back running in January. Hope my report is ok fellas and im goin to watch open training session Sunday at 12.30
View attachment 319426

Awesome training report, reub.

A bit too 'real' for me, though :cool:

Oh man, thought they were all closed sessions until Saturday.

Anyone know when they are training at Sharks again?
ODN, maybe tomorrow but more likely Friday and then Sunday.
Monday they trained at Sharks
Tuesday was the beach session and then the wife saw them in the Sharks Gym.
Wednesday back on the field at Sharks.
The wife works at Sharks and looked after them for Lunch last year but the whole deal this year seems less public. Mind you there seemed no problem with walking down to the fence for a few photos and sticky. Just not that many people there.

Yeah, not sure what happened there. made me think what I was doing in 2007 though. Of course I can't remember that far back.
Someone may have used it to take a shot of our 2007 team training and the poor ******* thing just powered down from acute apathy and shame.

Thanks Mr.Jones..keep the reports coming. Please comment on the young fellas if you get the chance to look at them.

Appreciate your efforts..we have been starved down here..
Hey Drake, when I got there they were just finishing match Sim and came in before I could pick out the first year players.
From then on while other drills were being run the new recruits were either doing boxing drills or on the bike for the rest of the time I was there.
Didn't see SPS but would have to say Polson has some swagger and he probably doesn't even know it. Just looks like a really assured young man. Same with Fisher they both get around like its business as usual. Hopefully I can get to see some more of the newbies on Friday.

Big thanks for the reports. Don't agree with the club's policy. But clearly they don't want anyone to know what's happening at training. Great that they can't do much about it up at the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back