Training Training Reports, Pics 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I say it every off-season, I don't want to recognize my team next year.
You are nearly old enough that it wont be by choice very soon.

maybe in media spin class
Kreuzer ran 50 meters faster than Gibbs when he first arrived at Carlton - he is a naturally fast runner for a big bloke - when fit...still a bit of a stretch to hear he beat Ed in a serious distance run. That ACL destroyed his leap and extra speed he used to have...:mad::'(:'(:'(

Kreuzer ran 50 meters faster than Gibbs when he first arrived at Carlton - he is a naturally fast runner for a big bloke - when fit...still a bit of a stretch to hear he beat Ed in a serious distance run. That ACL destroyed his leap and extra speed he used to have...:mad::'(:'(:'(

Might have beaten him to the physio table

Any updates on Billie Smedts? Haven't heard his name all pre-season.

No Smedts.....No Wiliamson.....No Boekhorst.....and don't recall anything Polson either, other than his looks. Plenty of time, yet.

This time last year, there wasn't much to say about Weitering but once the competitive stuff started going down......different story.

Didn't see a lot of Marchbank, but he did suprise me due to his size. He's a big boy. Looked raring to go too. I think we'll see a fair bit of him sooner rather than later, and he'll transition to our gorilla tamer I expect.
Agreed. The Giants fans genuinely saw him as a big loss. I not sticking the boots into Rowe. He has been a great player for the club. But if Marchbank is up to it, he needs to come in and take that roll with both hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. The Giants fans genuinely saw him as a big loss. I not sticking the boots into Rowe. He has been a great player for the club. But if Marchbank is up to it, he needs to come in and take that roll with both hands.

I understand why everybody is bracketing marchbank to take over rowes position in the team, but I think they are both very flexible players and so this may not be necessarily so/

Marchbank besides his size , is very mobile He could play forward, back whatever
Rowe also could play forward or even in the ruck. I see rowe and casboult competing, more than Rowe and marchbank.

The thing about Rowe , is that he never fails to give 100%, and as last year shows, he is improving all the time. He may not be silky but he gets the job done . Yes he does make some errors and it that which sticks in your mind when evaluating him, but he also does a lot of 1% ers that go unnoticed

I understand why everybody is bracketing marchbank to take over rowes position in the team, but I think they are both very flexible players and so this may not be necessarily so/

Marchbank besides his size , is very mobile He could play forward, back whatever
Rowe also could play forward or even in the ruck. I see rowe and casboult competing, more than Rowe and marchbank.

The thing about Rowe , is that he never fails to give 100%, and as last year shows, he is improving all the time. He may not be silky but he gets the job done . Yes he does make some errors and it that which sticks in your mind when evaluating him, but he also does a lot of 1% ers that go unnoticed
I think one of the best things about getting Marchbank in is it allows Rowe to go forward, where he is an improvement on Levi. Can lead, take a grab, crash a pack, bring the ball to ground and chop out in the ruck. Plus kick straight.

Looking at the training pics, especially the recovery session in the surf, (apart from noting how ripped our players are looking! :cool:) I am struck by how few of our players sport tattoos, in most cases not even a discreet little one. I find this interesting at a time when tatts have been trending.
I think I like this. I have nothing against guys with tatts, I know that for some, it's a lifestyle choice, part of their self expression, ink is just their thing, etc. But I reckon there are also plenty who do it because they think they have to have tatts to fit in, or because they want to be noticed. More about vanity than self-expression. Where at Collingwood for instance it seemed ingrained in the player culture, our guys don't seem to bother with it at all. I think Zach was our most heavily tattooed player, and now he's left. Captain Murphy is a total cleanskin (from what I can see) so perhaps he represents player culture in this regard?
Or am I just behind the times, are tattoos already becoming unfashionable?

Thoughts anyone?

Looking at the training pics, especially the recovery session in the surf, (apart from noting how ripped our players are looking! :cool:) I am struck by how few of our players sport tattoos, in most cases not even a discreet little one. I find this interesting at a time when tatts have been trending.
I think I like this. I have nothing against guys with tatts, I know that for some, it's a lifestyle choice, part of their self expression, ink is just their thing, etc. But I reckon there are also plenty who do it because they think they have to have tatts to fit in, or because they want to be noticed. More about vanity than self-expression. Where at Collingwood for instance it seemed ingrained in the player culture, our guys don't seem to bother with it at all. I think Zach was our most heavily tattooed player, and now he's left. Captain Murphy is a total cleanskin (from what I can see) so perhaps he represents player culture in this regard?
Or am I just behind the times, are tattoos already becoming unfashionable?

Thoughts anyone?

Tattoos suck.

Source: me. I have a s**t tatt.

Tattoos suck.

Source: me. I have a s**t tatt.

I was in the Army for six years and fought many a drunken night not to end up in a tattoo parlour, waking up next morning something akin to the ''hangover" with some hookers name tramp stamped on me with tribal swirls.

Seen too many tatts 10+ years on that look absolutely disgraceful. I'm sure seeing a back tramp stamp on your grandmother at 70 odd years old with some ex boyfriends name scrawled across is appealing to some .... not to me.

I was in the Army for six years and fought many a drunken night not to end up in a tattoo parlour, waking up next morning something akin to the ''hangover" with some hookers name tramp stamped on me with tribal swirls.

Seen too many tatts 10+ years on that look absolutely disgraceful. I'm sure seeing a back tramp stamp on your grandmother at 70 odd years old with some ex boyfriends name scrawled across is appealing to some .... not to me.

Good effort. I got something stupid as a 19yo but at least its not visible (most of the time)

Good effort. I got something stupid as a 19yo but at least its not visible (most of the time)
Got my first at 14. Apart from the fact it's the stupidest thing you've seen, my dad nearly killed me when he saw it...
Got another at 17, better but not by much...

Since then, I've had two more, but they were to commemorate major events in my life, so I'm ok with those...

Totes getting a big southern cross done on my calf and a "Made in Australia" kangaroo on my chest, plus some barbed wire around the arm. Where's the best place to tattoo some Japanese symbols? Chest? Back? Also, what's the best colour for a Koi fish? I'm a trailblazer you see, and ink really important stuff on me only.

Tongue in cheek of course :p

Totes getting a big southern cross done on my calf and a "Made in Australia" kangaroo on my chest, plus some barbed wire around the arm. Where's the best place to tattoo some Japanese symbols? Chest? Back? Also, what's the best colour for a Koi fish? I'm a trailblazer you see, and ink really important stuff on me only.

Tongue in cheek of course :p
A guy I knew got the made in Aus green kangaroo on one bicep and souther cross on the other. Funny thing was that he had also never seen the inside of a gym, so both biceps sagged (at the age of 20) when he showed people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back