Mega Thread Training Reports Season Proper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coffee nil,donuts nil and training meh
Low low key today with 19 on the track doing very little.Ross and Suma not sighted with the lessor light coaches in charge
Ballas was running laps with that corked calf under a pressure bandage.He looked fine
Had a quick word with Sonny and asked about his knee,he said it was never better and didnt need the strapping anymore
Also told that they trained yesterday after the breakfast
Also told that the training load has been really heavy which incl Sat and Sun training which probably explains Tues showing
That is all ,nothing else to say except nice to see Gaskin down there

Bloody hell salim. I was supposed to write up a fake report for some entertainment.

Catch a glimpse of Sutty salim? Still a bit concerned after he was left out of the derby squad.

No Sutty today.

Had a quick word with Sonny and asked about his knee,he said it was never better and didnt need the strapping anymore
Also told that they trained yesterday after the breakfast
Also told that the training load has been really heavy which incl Sat and Sun training which probably explains Tues showing
That is all ,nothing else to say except nice to see Gaskin down there

This is a bit of a revelation. I expect to see a report this time tomorrow from gaskin Harry Reems jedi mind tricks et al. You know... great effort and all that. :D

"Coffee nil,donuts nil and training meh"

Glad I didn't bother going then.

Interesting comments there Salim.

I heard Pav's interview in full today from the season launch function yesterday and he did say that they were working hard on their fitness levels and were training very hard. Suma then mentioned in his post-match press conference that "we are not quite a month behind in our preparation, but we are behind and needed to get moving quickly from here on in."

I have to say that the boys looked very tired and slow last Tuesday and they looked very under done to me. The intensity was down and we seemed to let the Eagles midfield do as they pleased.

The run up to that game was very light at training due to the community camp down south the week before, plus we had the intra club match so training was backed off to allow for recovery, so that's why I thought we went into that game looking underdone, unfit and most of all disinterested in trying to compete.

So my question is, are we underdone or have we been over training?

"Coffee nil,donuts nil and training meh"

Glad I didn't bother going then.

Interesting comments there Salim.

I heard Pav's interview in full today from the season launch function yesterday and he did say that they were working hard on their fitness levels and were training very hard. Suma then mentioned in his post-match press conference that "we are not quite a month behind in our preparation, but we are behind and needed to get moving quickly from here on in."

I have to say that the boys looked very tired and slow last Tuesday and they looked very under done to me. The intensity was down and we seemed to let the Eagles midfield do as they pleased.

The run up to that game was very light at training due to the community camp down south the week before, plus we had the intra club match so training was backed off to allow for recovery, so that's why I thought we went into that game looking underdone, unfit and most of all disinterested in trying to compete.

So my question is, are we underdone or have we been over training?

Harry I'm not sure but its a shame you didnt front up today
You missed Bluey in one of his mellower moments extolling the virtues of Homeswest living without a female to mess up your life.
An interesting take on how to live your by life by Bluey indeed.:)

Harry I'm not sure but its a shame you didnt front up today
You missed Bluey in one of his mellower moments extolling the virtues of Homeswest living without a female to mess up your life.
An interesting take on how to live your by life by Bluey indeed.:)

As if he'd have a choice in that matter. Got a head like a bashed crab :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bluey was unusually philosophical today. It was a bit disconcerting to be honest.

Don't tell me he was philosophical about Tuesday's game?

Did Bluey think that the boys were being over worked, hence our stinking performance against a bottom 8 side, or did he think that the 'string bag" wasn't working them enough?

He was philosophical about every day life. Well philosophical for Bluey anyway which basically means saying something without using any profanity. He didn't really mention anything about Tuesdays game except having a go at Karl Langdon about his carry on during the broadcast.

Regarding overtraining - I recall a discussion last season about increasing training loads mid season, which caused a lull in performances for a few weeks after but set the players for finals fitness. Same sort of thing here? Smash it out hard now, suffer during NAB but come out primed for round 1?

Plus it doesnt hurt for everyone to think we're behind at this stage.

Guess the practice match was treated more as a practice simulation drill.. Tuesday isn't the best time to be playing a match whereas the weekend is for that to prepare for the full season ahead. Hawthorn are obviously going in 100% and primed. More of a behind closed doors kind of thing with Freo?

You never know with Ross TBH. If I was to guess I'd say we will keep up the same training load and see another crappy performance against the Bulldogs but drop off after that and use the game against the Eagles at Subi as our full run out.

You never know with Ross TBH. If I was to guess I'd say we will keep up the same training load and see another crappy performance against the Bulldogs but drop off after that and use the game against the Eagles at Subi as our full run out.

I think momentum and confidence is such a powerful thing in modern footy. I would use that last game as a bit of an oil up and use the next two to polish the game plan. The way we are going we will be putting polish on in game 1 which could be dangerous. Go hard from now I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back