Mega Thread Training Reports Season Proper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think momentum and confidence is such a powerful thing in modern footy. I would use that last game as a bit of an oil up and use the next two to polish the game plan. The way we are going we will be putting polish on in game 1 which could be dangerous. Go hard from now I think

Confidence is irrelevant. Its just a feeling.

You don't need it.

I hope you're all right and next eagles game we can go hard and bury them. That will put all of the flogs back in their boxes after they they all rose like Lazarus this week.

Zombies need to be double tapped in the head.

Sent from my RM-892_apac_australia_new_zealand_267 using Tapatalk

I hope you're all right and next eagles game we can go hard and bury them. That will put all of the flogs back in their boxes after they they all rose like Lazarus this week.

Zombies need to be double tapped in the head.

Sent from my RM-892_apac_australia_new_zealand_267 using Tapatalk

I doubt if WC will take that game serious at all. For both sides it will be a glorified training run, and rightly so.

Report on 6PR this morning from a supporter watching training this morning that Duffield looks injured, Clarke looking 100% fit and Gumby had his calf strapped?

The way this team performed last season they would be brimming with confidence. It still wouldn't hurt to have a good run out in the last match against the Eagles.

My tip is we will destroy West Coast next week at Subi Oval. Dress rehearsal for round 1 and we will be back to our Freo strangle but with the addition of greater scoring power.

My tip is we will destroy West Coast next week at Subi Oval. Dress rehearsal for round 1 and we will be back to our Freo strangle but with the addition of greater scoring power.
And of we lose convincingly again? Are people gonna start with the meltdowns? It's still just a scratch match so don't hold your breath...

I won't be surprised if WC win the next one as well. They are a much better side than many here wish to give them credit for.
But more to the point they care more at this point. They are up and about and excited under a new coach and wanting to put a stamp on the year.
We are focused purely and squarely on Round 1 and 4 points on offer.
What will be interesting is if we bother with our defensive mechanisms. Against WC this week we let them do as they please and tried to run our offensive movements against their defence. We didn't tag anyone, we didn't have a forward press, we weren't playing team defence.
These are the things we engage when we are playing to win. I wonder if they will this time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And of we lose convincingly again? Are people gonna start with the meltdowns? It's still just a scratch match so don't hold your breath...

The last game of the pre-season comp is more than a scratch match. It's a dress rehersal for round 1.

The last game of the pre-season comp is more than a scratch match. It's a dress rehersal for round 1.

We'll definitely be more competitive, and undoubtedly more structured, but I won't be necking myself if we lose the game.

As stated above, this game means far more to them than us.

Report on 6PR this morning from a supporter watching training this morning that Duffield looks injured, Clarke looking 100% fit and Gumby had his calf strapped?

Duffield was running laps Fri and looked fine.If he has suffered an injury it would have been this morning.

I won't be surprised if WC win the next one as well. They are a much better side than many here wish to give them credit for.
But more to the point they care more at this point. They are up and about and excited under a new coach and wanting to put a stamp on the year.
We are focused purely and squarely on Round 1 and 4 points on offer.
What will be interesting is if we bother with our defensive mechanisms. Against WC this week we let them do as they please and tried to run our offensive movements against their defence. We didn't tag anyone, we didn't have a forward press, we weren't playing team defence.
These are the things we engage when we are playing to win. I wonder if they will this time.

Simmofreo please take a Valium before the next WC game ;)

Yep, I heard that too and had to put in an emergency call to Salim.

The caller, "Belvidere from Belmont" is a regular and reliable caller who was at training this morning.

He also said that Sandi could not complete training today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I heard that too and had to put in an emergency call to Salim.

The caller, "Belvidere from Belmont" is a regular and reliable caller who was at training this morning.

He also said that Sandi could not complete training today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he say sandi reason was fitness or injury ?

If your avatar is an indication of what you think passes as "scotch"...you need an education:p

Can't drink the great stuff all the time, got to have the backup which I still think is a great drop:thumbsu: But don't worry I certainly have around 12 or so different varieties with many a single malt. My cheaper favourite used to be Chivas Regal but the wife always had Dimple. One day I realised she was right, hate that!

Sorry Seppo:p Back to footy. Duffman was injured in the NAB game but there was no indication that it was serious. A slight worry with Ibbo appearing to have a long term injury and Suttcliffe unable to train for a couple of weeks. Hope we are not down on numbers in the back line as well as ruck at this early stage of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back