Review Training standards / skills and fitness

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe is clearly an ultra professional. Absolutely gets the best out of himself. If you want to put on size anyone can do it if that’s their goal. At AFL level I guess the balance is between size and running power. We seem to fail on both counts.

And Bailey probably hasn’t put a kilo on since drafted lol
He's doing fine. Same age:

9tx5O4Ax.jpg

2804298-3x2-940x627.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember fyfe’s first game, he had super strong quads. Was launching in the air at everything. Looked a gun from the get go.
Basti was picked straight after.

Imagine we picked him ahead of freo and we pulled ben10 and Fyfe from that draft. Would of changed things considerably.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't see why they wouldn't be doing hard training, weights and endurance type stuff now. They are not making finals and they seriously have a lot of work to do to catch up with other teams. North players look small compared to some opponents. Like most of the Fitzroy guys in their last couple of years.

If losing games now is building players to win next year then go hard. Somewhere the basic skill elements of the game like kicking at goal from 40M and passing to unmarked players also need to be addressed - even if it is only to give the players some small levels of enjoyment of the game.
Heavy load bearing is off & pre season, maintenance is in season

Tell all the players, they must pack on muscle (2-5kgs) over the preseason.

Depending on their weight of course but come on, they have dieticians, gym, weight training plans etc

Should be a priority.

Tell all the players, they must pack on muscle (2-5kgs) over the preseason.

Depending on their weight of course but come on, they have dieticians, gym, weight training plans etc

Should be a priority.
I've said a couple of times now that this off-season will be critical to the club moving forward.

The new strength and conditioning team needs to focus on dramatically increasing the fitness base so that we can sustain longer. With the number of kilometres running required here, I would not want to be in the squad.

But certain guys will also need to pack on size and strength. We don't need all of the midfielders doing this, or we'll be as slow(er) as treacle.

Huge trade and draft season for whomever it is that's going to be running the list, and Noble needs to really bed down the game plan and have the coaches focus on skills improvement.

I know it's Captain Obvious stuff, but they need to look at this in bite-sized chunks and instil proper process around each piece, otherwise it's simply all too overwhelming for the coaches and the players.

I've said a couple of times now that this off-season will be critical to the club moving forward.

The new strength and conditioning team needs to focus on dramatically increasing the fitness base so that we can sustain longer. With the number of kilometres running required here, I would not want to be in the squad.

But certain guys will also need to pack on size and strength. We don't need all of the midfielders doing this, or we'll be as slow(er) as treacle.

Huge trade and draft season for whomever it is that's going to be running the list, and Noble needs to really bed down the game plan and have the coaches focus on skills improvement.

I know it's Captain Obvious stuff, but they need to look at this in bite-sized chunks and instil proper process around each piece, otherwise it's simply all too overwhelming for the coaches and the players.

Username checks out ;)

I agree. Plus when you see the team packing on muscle and gaining strength, the influence for you to do so is contagious. At the moment, it doesn’t feel like that’s a priority but it should come In the preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back