Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukes real strength is when he is allowed to wheel around loose behind the play.

I dunno what happened to his kicking, but they stuffed it up after they drafted him. He was an incredibly creative junior player.

Lukes real strength is when he is allowed to wheel around loose behind the play.

I dunno what happened to his kicking, but they stuffed it up after they drafted him. He was an incredibly creative junior player.

Remember his top age year games in the VFL?

Would get it loping into the forward half and boom long goals like Birchall or King.

What happened indeed?

McDonald will improve if his confidence is high.

When he takes the game on almost recklessly rather than being tentative you know he is in the right headspace.

Last edited:

Perhaps the complete lack of skills training would be a factor lol

Remember his top age year games in the VFL?

Would get it loping into the forward half and boom long goals like Birchall or King.

What happened indeed?

I know what I saw then and in his under 18 years, and he was destined to be a star.

I still haven't written him off, but the rigidity of Brad/AFL football hasn't done him any favors.

Perhaps the complete lack of skills training would be a factor lol

I think it's more of a structural/strategic thing mate.

It's important to remember that despite his games tally, he is still only 24.

IMO Luke believed the bolded bit as well......cart before the horse type vibes

All good players have confidence. It's an essential requisite.

WTF???

Giving property investors a a poor capital gain of -13.41% for the last year, Sorrento, 3943 is the 3693th highest performer in Australia in this respect.

Taking the average capital gain, or increase in median house value, Sorrento,3943 has racked up an average of -13.41% over the period. This ranks it number 2798th in the whole country for real estate investors looking at median house price increases.

Sellers are offering property buyers an average discount of -12.40% to buyers in Sorrento at the moment, which is less than average for the rest of VIC.
Value before the market turns....

All good players have confidence. It's an essential requisite.
Ya gotta put in the yards mate. There's confidence and there's thinking you are there. Hopefully he's worked out the difference.....he has the ability, but not the deeds yet for the swagger.
I love LMac, but he became a one trick pony....get ball, wheel onto left foot, boot ball as far as you can. Teams worked him out pretty quickly.

At the end of the day Luke McDonald has only averaged over 20 disposals in a season once (2017). He has significantly under performed compared to the expectation before being drafted. The best game I have seen him play was against Adelaide in Hobart - Don't recall another game where he showed so much confidence in his own ability.

I back Rhys to be able to get the most out of all the players, however the doubts on Luke are fair enough for mine. He hasn't done anywhere near enough in 6 seasons, and with a number of young kids coming through the ranks he must dramatically improve if he is best 22 beyond next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we shot ourselves in the foot giving him an AFL pre-season for two years before he was drafted. He had a huge advantage over the other kids, he knew he was going to get drafted and he had the kind of freedom most kids didn't have that allowed him to just play aggressive footy and he looked exceptionally good compared with other kids his age.

If he was a lower key player like Crocker and he plays to the same standard then I think we would be happy with the outcome, it is taking him where we did that the expectation hasn't aligned with reality.

Before we proceed, do you usually charge for your sniping psychoanalysis?
What's different in my post KC, to any one of numerous posts by other posters? (Other than the fact that it's directed at you?)

I think we shot ourselves in the foot giving him an AFL pre-season for two years before he was drafted. He had a huge advantage over the other kids, he knew he was going to get drafted and he had the kind of freedom most kids didn't have that allowed him to just play aggressive footy and he looked exceptionally good compared with other kids his age.

If he was a lower key player like Crocker and he plays to the same standard then I think we would be happy with the outcome, it is taking him where we did that the expectation hasn't aligned with reality.
makes sense and given those 2 pre-seasons if that then pushed him up the draft pecking order to our own detriment!

I love LMac, but he became a one trick pony....get ball, wheel onto left foot, boot ball as far as you can. Teams worked him out pretty quickly.

"Became" being the operative word LB2S.

He didn't arrive at Arden Street that way.

At the end of the day Luke McDonald has only averaged over 20 disposals in a season once (2017). He has significantly under performed compared to the expectation before being drafted. The best game I have seen him play was against Adelaide in Hobart - Don't recall another game where he showed so much confidence in his own ability.

I back Rhys to be able to get the most out of all the players, however the doubts on Luke are fair enough for mine. He hasn't done anywhere near enough in 6 seasons, and with a number of young kids coming through the ranks he must dramatically improve if he is best 22 beyond next year.

And this is exactly what Lmac needs. He’s become to comfortable

His spot is up for grabs where before he was a automatic inclusion no matter what is form was like

BTW that crows game he was playing more midfield? Lmac is never going to get the recognition of shutting down a forward in comparison to tearing it up in the midfield or forward

I feel like he wants the limelight. He wants to be flashy.

And this is exactly what Lmac needs. He’s become to comfortable

He busts his guts mate. There's nothing wrong with his application.

Last edited:
He busts his guts mate. There's nothing wrong with his application.

I agree with busting his arse, but at times he was gifted games when his form didn't warrant it, that wasn't his fault, our club under Brad treated the VFL like it was a death sentence. We were reluctant to pick the best side on form. Ironically, I thought Brad was better at it for the most part the year he got the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back