Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So JZ is the anointed Jmac replacement
The completely obvious difficulty in comparison with Greig and Schimma is Pace, quickness off the mark
The team has a glaring weakness with defending quick small forwards, JZ ain’t going to fix that
Hopefully we can restructure the backline to use his undoubted skills but it is risky
Wright was a good footballer but slow
Jmac tried hard but too slow
And Hodge had hand and feet skills, let alone a footy brain, that JZ is not about to suddenly develop at 30
Plenty of reasons to be extremely sceptical of this succeeding

Some quality licence taken here.

Postmodernist football analysis. Have you thought about a career as a humanities professor?

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we are planning on playing a loose man across back I’d much prefer it to be Tarrant over Ziebell. Without having to see Ziebell back there we know Tarrant has better closing speed, better decision making under pressure and is an excellent field kick.

Corr & McKay can handle the key position opposition players.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If we are planning on playing a loose man across back I’d much prefer it to be Tarrant over Ziebell. Without having to see Ziebell back there we know Tarrant has better closing speed, better decision making under pressure and is an excellent field kick.

Corr & McKay can handle the key position opposition players.

Who takes the 2nd opposition KPF?

The chorus

All Australian
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Personally I am pleased to hear that our new coach and his team are trying some different options, not just going with same old, same old. I don't go to training so I wouldn't presume to pass judgement on the trial of JZ on the backline, but presume that the coach would have enough sense not to persist with it if it not working. I am interested though to see how it works out and hope it is a masterstroke

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who takes the 2nd opposition KPF?

Macmillan.

f3291f37340b81d6913cc19770731b65.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mckay takes the number 1
Corr takes the number 2

Corr is more than capable enough of playing on talls and smalls

The whisper is that he'll be playing a rebounding role.

Don't be surprised if he lines up on the other HBF to L-Mac.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If we have L-Mac and Corr playing rebounding roles then what’s Ziebell doing? Isn’t that the same role he is being earmarked to play?

Loose zoning defender. He'll sit behind the contest and/or kill the incoming high ball.

It all depends whether the opposition send another man forward to him.

This has no relevance to the current topic of JZ but I’ve just seen a comment on a tiktok that has left me speechless.

The comment says “broken club, worst position than the bombers through the drug scandal”

I just have no words lmao like how can you compare 2 extremely different circumstances. My mind is blown

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The whisper is that he'll be playing a rebounding role.

Don't be surprised if he lines up on the other HBF to L-Mac.

that’s the role Corr has stated he wants to play and would take best advantage of his skills while we have Taz and Walker as well

Jz will take marks or kill the ball and dish it to Ats, Luke and Corr etc right?

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wayne ****ing Carey was dropped back to the reserves, BUT OH NO, NOT FLYNN PEREZ OR KYRON HAYDEN.

Only because you are replacing them with known knowns (Turner is allergic to scoring and not good enoigh, Atley is still deer in headlights after 200 games and Hall is soft and not good enough - though I’d play him over Dumont at a pinch).

Then we have the Skipper and Dumont and Cunners (who don’t run defensively quickly or at all in Cunners case)

So before we even bounce the ball we are so compromised athletically and talent-wise that there is little chance of winning and absolutely no chance of long-term success.

Bold strategy there.

MCKAY IS A DEFENDER.

Yes we know this but can he play Forward now that he has adjusted to the speed of AFL.

Wayne Carey played the 3rd quarter of the 1999 GF in the guts, Ben McKay can have a dabble at Full Forward until Comben is fit surely?

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No doubt, but if not?

I'm not 100% sure even if fit he is in the best 22. Bottom line is it's a new head coach, new line coaches and basically everyone has a fair chance to put their best foot fwd..... I don't think he will take anyone's reputation or past performance into consideration. Also don't think he will pick kids just to get games into them. He will pick the best 22 each week and it's up to each and everyone to prove they deserve to be in it..... this year more than the past fair few there is good competition for spots across the ground. Will jz be in it, it will certainly be intriguing and he is a competitive guy so you would think if he isn't in it, there will be pressure on those to perf to keep him out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Be interesting to see the response from doggies supporter when the idea of Boyd was floated playing back
Difference is Boyd clearly couldn’t play forward

Ziebell can play forward as a strong marking target post brown but we are swinging him down back when we need him more up front atm

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you read it in full, they compared him to Hodge who coached/played to help the young defenders. Is there a need for that with Taz and Corr there?
Instead of looking to sound like a bias miserable old git, how about contributing something worth while.

Correct I'm not sure the need for a hodge esq is needed with us. Both taz and corr have huge experience as does jwalks if he comes in.... and lmac has to be considered experienced now too.... so basically the HB flankers are likely to be the least experienced with Perez young hayden Bonar to beams a few

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
yeah not ideal - hopefully we have 2 -3 full length intra clubs starting early next month before that 1 and only prac game

It says only one official community match but you would think the weekends before ie 27th a practice against another club would be arranged and also the 13th ie week after then a week off then into it

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This has no relevance to the current topic of JZ but I’ve just seen a comment on a tiktok that has left me speechless.

The comment says “broken club, worst position than the bombers through the drug scandal”

I just have no words lmao like how can you compare 2 extremely different circumstances. My mind is blown

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's fine.... We have a lot of doubters so look forward to seeing us prove a lot of them wrong.... and best way to start will be a solid home win first game of the ssn against last years minor premiers....which def isn't out of our reach

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
that’s the role Corr has stated he wants to play and would take best advantage of his skills while we have Taz and Walker as well

Jz will take marks or kill the ball and dish it to Ats, Luke and Corr etc right?

I'd be more thinking that's the role Young would be doing as he is tall and a strong mark....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back