Training Training thread - news and live reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Last year we weren't nearly fit enough by the start of the JLT and that carried over into R1 against Freo and then Brisbane in the second half when embarrassingly Bailey Scott looked to be the only guy running both ways for 4 quarters. And it lingered for months. So hopefully the football review extended to preseason conditioning.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Last year we weren't nearly fit enough by the start of the JLT and that carried over into R1 against Freo and then Brisbane in the second half when embarrassingly Bailey Scott looked to be the only guy running both ways for 4 quarters. And it lingered for months. So hopefully the football review extended to preseason conditioning.

Brad Scott slagging aside, I'm curious what we did focus on during the 2018-19 preseason.

Brad Scott slagging aside, I'm curious what we did focus on during the 2018-19 preseason.

Brad's take on how 6-6-6 would pan out.

Its funny - he was instrumental in getting that rule change, and it how it would play out in reality completely blindsided him.

He was also instrumental in getting the salary cap banking change in place, because he thought would allow him to make godfather offers to gun midfielders.

That didn't work out as planned either.

He's a perfect fit for the AFL hey.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM

Its funny - he was instrumental in getting that rule change, and it how it would play out in reality completely blindsided him.

He was also instrumental in getting the salary cap banking change in place, because he thought would allow him to make godfather offers to gun midfielders.

He’s the reverse Midas.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Is that true? Wasn't aware of that.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looked to me as if we'd spent most of our time on set plays and 'scenarios' and not enough on adapting to different game styles or football basics. Combine that with the fact that Brad got the way 6-6-6 would change the game completely wrong, and you get the 'woops how do you play football again' JLT and first month we saw in 2019.

The alarm bells were very audible halfway through JLT1, I'm pretty sure I've never seen a North side play a worse brand than that. In retrospect I'm shocked we didn't make changes to what we were trying to do earlier, but I guess Brad was notoriously stubborn and had backed himself into a corner.

Bailey looks 4 years older!

EIpdP-eWoAAIHPu

He has the Bud Fox look down pat.

image.jpg

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back