Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You do realise he hasn't trained for about 2 years

Yes.

But he shouldn't be out there training now either.

We shall see, I suspect we'll see him out there very soon.

Contracts up this year and I can't see a way he's on the list next year if he doesn't get on the park and run out the season well.

He wouldn't be on cheap coin either.

And no one else will want anything to do with him if he doesn't play well for us this year. If he doesn't play this coming year he hasn't really had a career.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Yes.

But he shouldn't be out there training now either.

We shall see, I suspect we'll see him out there very soon.

The focus will be on him being right for Rd 1. Whatever format that takes over preseason so be it. He’s not even due back for another week or so.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Contracts up this year and I can't see a way he's on the list next year if he doesn't get on the park and run out the season well.

He wouldn't be on cheap coin either.

He’d be no hope if that didn’t happen. And I can’t see the club going early on a contract extension after past experiences.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I beat Shannon Watt to death via the internet on several occasions.

Could never work out what JYD was doing there.

He was straight line fast and a good height (circa 192cm) and build.

Denis got some good footy out of him in 2000 as a Mark Roberts sort of follower and that's where he probably had promise.

JYD altered his training from endurance to bursts and tried to turn him into a stay at home defender for the gorillas and that wasn't his schtick. On the rare occasion he got a mid-size opponent like Brad Johnson he did well.

Can vouch for the good guy thing, really nice fella. Also mentioned by other players as someone who looked out for them at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Denis got some good footy out of him in 2000 as a Mark Roberts sort of follower and that's where he probably had promise.

JYD altered his training from endurance to bursts and tried to turn him into a stay at home defender for the gorillas and that wasn't his schtick. On the rare occasion he got a mid-size opponent like Brad Johnson he did well.

Can vouch for the good guy thing, really nice fella. Also mentioned by other players as someone who looked out for them at the club.

Yes, I have the image of Shannon paddling the ball to the boundary etched in to my brain.

..............alongside the memory of him getting rag dolled by opposition forwards in one on one contests.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Anyone remember rd. 1 2001 ?

We had injuries and played a young side v all-conquering *scum MCG night game.
Watt at on stage leapt up in front of Lloyd who grabbed the neck of his jumper from behind, pulled him down backwards and caused him to smash his head on the ground. He lost consciousness and had a seizure Punt rd. end fwd. pocket.

Alot of admiration for Shannon post that and nothing but hatred for *Lloyd.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Anyone remember rd. 1 2001 ?

We had injuries and played a young side v all-conquering *scum MCG night game.
Watt at on stage leapt up in front of Lloyd who grabbed the neck of his jumper from behind, pulled him down backwards and caused him to smash his head on the ground. He lost consciousness and had a seizure Punt rd. end fwd. pocket.

Alot of admiration for Shannon post that and nothing but hatred for *Lloyd.

Remember that, that was terrible.

How Lloyd escaped judgement and career-long condemnation for that is yet another indictment on the football media industry.

IMG_20191108_121625.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back