Training Training Thread - News & Live Reports II

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a cool little post, no real trend (accept for the grand finalist in the top 5) as some teams who made the 8 are down at the bottom. Glad to hear that Kevin white & the S&C coaches base their conditioning around game like situations so a lot of repeat efforts with the ball, tackling ect, which will build better physical conditioning whereas just doing plain running as I’ve been told many times “you can do all the running in preseason without the physical component but as soon as you get tacked, that fitness can go right out of the window”

interesting too that a lot of the boys seem to have taken on personal trainers, so there might have been a bit of coordination between the clean-out with the S&C staff and the players making individual arrangements. I know PTs aren't new, but the number of our boys who are posting about it seems too coincidental to me; I'm rating this as Brady Rawling's strategy - press the player's to take responsibility themselves while we sort the organisational structure out, and the two should come together
Noble talked about this the other night.

He said he put it on the playing group to own the game plan and be responsible for making it work.

Its a good attitude for the club to instill in players.

Reminds me a little of Val Keating's mate Jocko and his idea of "extreme ownership".

He said he put it on the playing group to own the game plan and be responsible for making it work.

Reminds me a little of Val Keating's mate Jocko and his idea of "extreme ownership".
I know a few of the young guys had PT's last year but you're right it does seem like there's a lot more this time around.

Kind of but in Jockos case extreme ownership would mean he puts it on himself more then anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back