Training Training Thread - News & Live Reports II

Remove this Banner Ad

I love lachies athleticism, if he can get is craft right as he develops he will be a very good player.

Whether he's a star or not, he's one of those annoying long limbed, lean, wiry strong people that are naturally good at everything sporty - swimming, running, tennis, throwing, rock-climbing etc.

Not necessarily the most explosive or talented specimens but like Atley probably a solid 7/10 in every athletic category without too much effort.

I love lachies athleticism, if he can get is craft right as he develops he will be a very good player.
What is his real position on field?
At 189cm he could be a lot of things but not certain for many.

I'd be happy for him to be able to run out 4 quarters without being gassed.
Though I can see him moulding into a de goey/stringer type role at North.
Hence the early preseason. Getting miles in the legs..

Hence the early preseason. Getting miles in the legs..

Would be tricky planning his training. You want to get keep him involved during games as much as possible but wouldn't want to remove from his natural size and power too much. Don't want to turn him into a greyhound.

What is his real position on field?
At 189cm he could be a lot of things but not certain for many.
Half Back with his trait being run and carry. 2nd would be on the wing, I would like to see him have a HB - Wing rotation with LMac if we choose to go that way

Would be tricky planning his training. You want to get keep him involved during games as much as possible but wouldn't want to remove from his natural size and power too much. Don't want to turn him into a greyhound.
I reckon he could slim down a touch, yet keep the power ala Petracca.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to me like there's been a bit of a wake up call for the boys re their fitness. "Come fit and ready so we can work on game structures and not just fitness." A big pre-pre-season leading into a massive preseason.
interesting too that a lot of the boys seem to have taken on personal trainers, so there might have been a bit of coordination between the clean-out with the S&C staff and the players making individual arrangements. I know PTs aren't new, but the number of our boys who are posting about it seems too coincidental to me; I'm rating this as Brady Rawling's strategy - press the player's to take responsibility themselves while we sort the organisational structure out, and the two should come together

based on comments from Blakey and Nobles pre season will be brutal. It’s disappointing when coaches from others clubs come in and are shocked at the level of fitness
Explains a lot of our conceded red-time goals and poor skill execution late in quarters. I am confident that Noble and Blakey will get the fitness up with the medico/performance staff cleanout and the noticeable increase in fitness in the second half of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back