Training Training Thread - News & Live Reports II

Gary and Tim had Johnny from Epping on just before. He mentioned how he was going down with a chair. Tim tried to tell him he couldn’t, Gary said who was going to stop him - it sounded like the producer was trying to get them off the topic. Johnny kept saying who was going to stop him, then they both said you are right it’s a public oval ect ect. Few minutes later Tim said it was going to be fenced off? Not sure if he was told to say that to just deter people from going or it really will be fenced off?
How many times and in how many different ways do you need to be told that its best you don't go to this game? The pandemic is still on.

I have to be in the area every Thursday (just my luck it's the day they don't usually train), so it will be my usual stroll down to the hallowed turf anyway.

I should be able to provide an update on the brand of cyclone fencing being used by 11am.

BlueandWhiteinmyBlood

Club Legend
May 27, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have to be in the area every Thursday (just my luck it's the day they don't usually train), so it will be my usual stroll down to the hallowed turf anyway.

I should be able to provide an update on the brand of cyclone fencing being used by 11am.
Thank you very much mate, I really appreciate that, could save some mates and I some time/hassle.
Oh and keep safe out there 😉

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It does look that way.

I'm genuinely quite disappointed in the club if it does turn out like this. I was quite certain it must have been a mandate from the AFL to harvest some data on prospective members. One club gating it off behind something like this while the other club doesn't... that's not just a bad look it's bad fullstop.

It's only asking for your name age gender and email addresss. Even gives you the option of not answering gender.... hardly asking for your life secrets and bank accounts! Merely trying to get access to a few more people that aren't members hardly a crime wanting to build the supporter base.... and what's the worst thing can happen you just say no!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How many times and in how many different ways do you need to be told that its best you don't go to this game? The pandemic is still on.

Certainly is.... it's dangerous out there.... we haven't had a case for what a week after an outbreak and then what 3 mths before that.... Uk hit half a million deaths and US has had over 21m now that's a pandemic

Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Normally I would say yes, but given they've got a barrier to entry for the livestream I'm not so sure. Haven't seen anything official either way. I have a suspicion that certain industrial fans might just record the stream though, and potentially release it on youtube or similar.

I did some research and there are no plans for the replay to be made available, however the club will be kind enough to upload a 90 second highlight video later today (source: twitter).

Speaking of industrial fans... giantroo any plans to upload this game to youtube like you did with the Melbourne game last year?

Yeh they're just thinking of your welfare mate.
Why do you think they don't want a crowd down there then? Because the club has been infiltrated with non- football people who only have their own personal politics agendas in mind?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Why do you think they don't want a crowd down there then? Because the club has been infiltrated with non- football people who only have their own personal politics agendas in mind?

Don't be a douche.

I think a lot of Covid measures are either token or smokescreens for larger plays organisations were hoping to trial anyway.

eg no membership cards, shortened games, night grand final.

You can save spats about the composition of club staffing for other posters.

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
Certainly is.... it's dangerous out there.... we haven't had a case for what a week after an outbreak and then what 3 mths before that.... Uk hit half a million deaths and US has had over 21m now that's a pandemic

You literally just listed the reasons in the 2nd half of your post why measures like this (as arbitrary as they seem) are still being put in place.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apologies if covered above but obviously if the club states that people can come and watch it becomes a public event requiring COVID plans and approvals from local and state authorities, etc., which are a PITA to obtain, and crowd management by the club. I wouldn't think there's anything more altruistic or sinister about it than that. Their disclaimers and streaming of the session may be enough to absolve them of responsibility for onlookers. I would guess that they won't be chasing anyone away.

Apologies if covered above but obviously if the club states that people can come and watch it becomes a public event requiring COVID plans and approvals from local and state authorities, etc., which are a PITA to obtain, and crowd management by the club. I wouldn't think there's anything more altruistic or sinister about it than that. Their disclaimers and streaming of the session may be enough to absolve them of responsibility for onlookers. I would guess that they won't be chasing anyone away.
Heath is primed and ready to chase off anyone named Phillyroo...

Last edited:
You’re right, it is obvious and anyone complaining is a certified moron.

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
Happy with his figures??!!?

I assumed he was mixing up the US & UK, but have nfi where he got 21 million from. Regardless, I was more referring to the sarcastic comment that we haven't had a case in over a week in one breath, while then immediately afterwards talking about mass deaths overseas from the exact same thing.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I assumed he was mixing up the US & UK, but have nfi where he got 21 million from. Regardless, I was more referring to the sarcastic comment that we haven't had a case in over a week in one breath, while then immediately afterwards talking about mass deaths overseas from the exact same thing.

IMG_1322.JPG

Back