Training Training Thread - News & Live Reports II

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm at training this morning. Not a great deal happening. Pretty light stuff with 4 groups rotating through some fun looking drills. The only exception is the group of 4 rucks off to 1 side working with Rocca. Those 4 are Goldy, TC, Xerri & Larkey.

No sign of Cunners yet. Jed looking on with a large calf bandage. Mahoney actually doing the drills with his bionic arm.

LDU has got the undercut into a semi-mohawk going on.

I'm at training this morning. Not a great deal happening. Pretty light stuff with 4 groups rotating through some fun looking drills. The only exception is the group of 4 rucks off to 1 side working with Rocca. Those 4 are Goldy, TC, Xerri & Larkey.

No sign of Cunners yet. Jed looking on with a large calf bandage. Mahoney actually doing the drills with his bionic arm.

WW out there uninjured?

Good hear that Xerri is out there

I wish larkey wasnt in that group.

WW out there uninjured?

Yeah, Will is out there. He looks fine, but it's pretty light stuff. Now, they are in 2 groups where they are practicing short passes where everyone is only allowed to power walk!

I just noticed LMac & Bonar is also looking on & not training. No sign of Dumont or Perez at all. Cunners has just wamdered out and is simply walking laps.

Last edited:

The last article I read was only comben def out for rd 1.... jed was touch and go but others jmah Bonar Perez all a chance?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The last article I read was only comben def out for rd 1.... jed was touch and go but others jmah Bonar Perez all a chance?

I wouldn't exactly set my watch to this stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any suspicious unknown tall forwards lurking around the club giving people trouble on field?
Preferably ones that are kicking goals like its nothing with the entire club watching on in admiration..
Just Boomer but i dont think you could call him tall...

GR posted in another thread. Frog rd 5 or so. Jed 5 weeks or so. Perez 4 weeks. Or something like that.

Yes noticed that there were a few discrepancies between the two rpts and unfort you would think GR was more accurate... Dumont is a big diff... rd 5 is what 2 mths off and the other article talking on track for rd 1

I wish larkey wasnt in that group.
Yeah I am 100% with you on that. Don't understand why we persist with having our key forward take stints in the ruck, recipe for disaster / injury.

Also we are asking him to step up to take the key forward mantle and then say you need to fill in as a ruckman?

Larks doesn't look all that keen whenever he ends up in the centre bounces to be honest either.

Yeah I am 100% with you on that. Don't understand why we persist with having our key forward take stints in the ruck, recipe for disaster / injury.

Also we are asking him to step up to take the key forward mantle and then say you need to fill in as a ruckman?

Larks doesn't look all that keen whenever he ends up in the centre bounces to be honest either.
I understand the logic of him playing in the ruck during the pre season.
Get him some experience while the games dont mean s**t.
But we need him up forward once the real stuff starts.

Larkey as a part-time ruck seems an idea for the tip. File it next to Ben Brown as a part-time ruck.

Some guys just have 'it' to chop out in the ruck. Those 2 don't.

Larkey as a part-time ruck seems an idea for the tip. File it next to Ben Brown as a part-time ruck.

Some guys just have 'it' to chop out in the ruck. Those 2 don't.
He was terrible in there vs the saints.
Only upside i see to it is when hes having a bad game up forward we have the option to put him into the ruck and get him into the game. But i dont think this will work because hes so crap in the ruck....
Just leave him forward.

I'm only hoping he is the 4th string.... ie xerri and goldy out against saints hence he was the only option to relieve TC

I'm only hoping he is the 4th string.... ie xerri and goldy out against saints hence he was the only option to relieve TC

Josh Walker is a better ruckman.

If we really want to run a player in the ruck just because they're tall, use Ben McKay instead.

Josh Walker is a better ruckman.

If we really want to run a player in the ruck just because they're tall, use Ben McKay instead.
Use anyone except for the guy that we are pinning all of our hopes on as the only KPF we have (excluding Comben of course)!!

Use anyone except for the guy that we are pinning all of our hopes on as the only KPF we have (excluding Comben of course)!!

God Comben.

Like a paper mache version of Ben Brown. Shall be interesting viewing if he gets fit and takes a centre bounce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back