Training Training Thread - News & Live Reports II

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, during the season
Aren’t we technically now “in season”Round 1 is this week. But I get your point. I just find it frustrating the lack of communication on the injury front. Also you know for a fact we will pick a squad of 30 including Cunners, Taz, Polec, Jed on the Thursday night and then none will make the team on the Friday night. This will be repeated week after week potentially with the intention of gamesmanship with the opposition but the only real thing it does is frustrate the supporters.

Also haven’t we increased our training loads this year? I suppose we will see who sinks and swims

part of being an elite player is getting on the park

Yep that’s why we saw an increase of injuries when everyone started the intraclubs because of the time limit we had due to the pushed back season last year, there wasn’t as much of a smooth transition into them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has Polec ever done a preseason?
He’s had a 3 month hammy lol

Injuries to our key players start piling up even before round 1.

I don’t know, feels like Groundhog Day. Mind you a lot if clubs are struggling with injuries (apart from Richmond who never ******* travel)

He also has a dodgy foot so they manage his training load....

....and he generally runs out games as good as anyone else in the side.

The carry on about his fitness is mystifying.

....and he generally runs out games as good as anyone else in the side.

The carry on about his fitness is mystifying.

Totally agree he is one of those natural athletes that fortunately doesn't require the heavy training load

The carry on about our injury list in general is mystifying.... we have the one longer termer then a few that are prob a week or two away.... other teams have exactly the same and some as mentioned yest are far worse off

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has taken me a long time to get interested this year, but I'm pumped to see the team announced.

I am not too worried about the preseason form, and I'm hoping there is a fair bit of smoke in the injury list. If they are training then they are in contention.

Fellas like Cunnington, Goldy & Polec don't need practice games. They know what to do.

Ben's concussion is sounding as dodgy as Jacob's. Did they check his nose? :stern look
Given we've become so secretive all of a sudden (wonder who's idea that was), and are giving out as little info as possible on injuries, wouldn't surprise me if we are using the concussion to hide some back concerns, to stop it from being exploited by the opposition once he does play.

Given we've become so secretive all of a sudden (wonder who's idea that was), and are giving out as little info as possible on injuries, wouldn't surprise me if we are using the concussion to hide some back concerns, to stop it from being exploited by the opposition once he does play.
Once on the field there ain't no way to hide a back issue. If Cunners carries that on to the field everyone will know within the first 5 mins so hiding it and playing him half crocked would be a waste of time and energy.

Just heard from a very reliable source that Perez has done his acl again.

fdjking gutted!

Source: bro trust me

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just heard from a very reliable source that Perez has done his acl again.

fdjking gutted!

That really ******* sucks if that's the case.

We really need to re-think our recruiting strategy of taking kids with a long history of injuries (Comben, Perez ect).

Other than Taz, I can't recall a junior player who we have taken (that has injuries) who has been able to overcome them and become an elite player.

We really need to re-think our recruiting strategy of taking kids with a long history of injuries (Comben, Perez ect).

Other than Taz, I can't recall a junior player who we have taken (that has injuries) who has been able to overcome them and become an elite player.
In saying that, we've seemingly used this logic in passing on Hollands in the last draft, so it may be already happening.

That strategy was what got us Simpkin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back