Training Training Thread - News & Live Reports II

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t worry they do train with a lot of intensity. They smash each other in the stoppage drills. Not sure why they didn’t show anything like that, maybe IP? But I watched them a few times over the preseason and they go hard at it.
What about some intensity when marking the ball tho. That vid clearly shows the same flat footedness and hesitancy to attack the ball at its highest point that we have displayed in games and its cost us. That lackadaisical attitude won't work with the sort of sharp fast ball movement we are trying to develop.

What about some intensity when marking the ball tho. That vid clearly shows the same flat footedness and hesitancy to attack the ball at its highest point that we have displayed in games and its cost us. That lackadaisical attitude won't work with the sort of sharp fast ball movement we are trying to develop.
I heard Melbourne’s Ed Langdon being interviewed after their win last week and wasn’t paying much attention until he was asked about their training methods. He said every session they did 20 minutes of full on intense short passing with Mark Williams standing in the middle abusing you if you made a mistake, and Chocco’s words would be choice I’d reckon! Sometimes fear of copping a spray works.

I heard Melbourne’s Ed Langdon being interviewed after their win last week and wasn’t paying much attention until he was asked about their training methods. He said every session they did 20 minutes of full on intense short passing with Mark Williams standing in the middle abusing you if you made a mistake, and Chocco’s words would be choice I’d reckon! Sometimes fear of copping a spray works.
I love noble but was a fan of chocco being in the mix or a senior assistant

Williams will never change.. if our list was mature, i’d have backed him in for our top job

That’s not a proper training. It’s basically kick to kick or working on leading patterns. Trust me, there’s gears at training

20 minutes being they key part of that

I love noble but was a fan of chocco being in the mix or a senior assistant
Maybe if Mark Williams been selected as a Asisstant Coach some time back maybe his star pupil could be with us Dusty Martin .
But at that time THE JOYCE with his string puller THE BRAD where running the show maybe both were scared to get someone with football skill and knowledge into the club that could have put them both out a job.
But with a decibal of a Wonder Women as Chairman maybe he couldn’t see that hiring with that knowledge could of helped our club .
But maybe the decibal still had his eyes still on Paul Hogan dropping the soccer World Cup for Australia .
But ha we have The Noble now so supporters let’s try and stick together and support him and the boys survive this mess we are in atm.

Maybe if Mark Williams been selected as a Asisstant Coach some time back maybe his star pupil could be with us Dusty Martin .
But at that time THE JOYCE with his string puller THE BRAD where running the show maybe both were scared to get someone with football skill and knowledge into the club that could have put them both out a job.
But with a decibal of a Wonder Women as Chairman maybe he couldn’t see that hiring with that knowledge could of helped our club .
But maybe the decibal still had his eyes still on Paul Hogan dropping the soccer World Cup for Australia .
But ha we have The Noble now so supporters let’s try and stick together and support him and the boys survive this mess we are in atm.
???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s not a proper training. It’s basically kick to kick or working on leading patterns. Trust me, there’s gears at training
I hope so. I'd be a lot more comfortable if players who had the ball turned over against them for being flat footed were taking every opportunity to practise overcoming that. That includes any kick to kick drill. It shouldn't be instinctive to back away from the ball.

The way you train is the way you play. That includes warm ups.

I hope so. I'd be a lot more comfortable if players who had the ball turned over against them for being flat footed were taking every opportunity to practise overcoming that. That includes any kick to kick drill. It shouldn't be instinctive to back away from the ball.

Its literally a kick around on a friday. Probably doing 'craft sessions.' Grouped in their positional groups, doing light work throughs of what they might do on the weekend. Literally shouting at the rain here

And further to that, how do you know they didnt work on those things? Its a 5 min clip. They are on and off the track all week.

Its literally a kick around on a friday. Probably doing 'craft sessions.' Grouped in their positional groups, doing light work throughs of what they might do on the weekend. Literally shouting at the rain here
That's my point tho. Default attitude is being flat footed or moving sideways, especially with that kick to kick bit.

Sometimes when your form is crap and everything is going s**t you need to make sure you focus on doing the little things right every time. Even when you are stuffing about. It can change the way you approach things for real. And it rewires your neuro-muscular circuitry. Every time you do something your are rewiring your neuro-muscular circuitry

Nothing wrong with shouting at the rain anyway - the rain is a PITA. I spent the morning putting the engine back in my car in the *en rain and if you'd had as much as we have this year and seen the damage its done to everything (including my car) you'd yell at it too.

And further to that, how do you know they didnt work on those things? Its a 5 min clip. They are on and off the track all week.
After the way we've been turning the ball over thru the middle for years they should be doing it every time they go for a grab.

That's my point tho. Default attitude is being flat footed or moving sideways, especially with that kick to kick bit.

Sometimes when your form is crap and everything is going sh*t you need to make sure you focus on doing the little things right every time. Even when you are stuffing about. It can change the way you approach things for real. And it rewires your neuro-muscular circuitry. Every time you do something your are rewiring your neuro-muscular circuitry

Nothing wrong with shouting at the rain anyway - the rain is a PITA. I spent the morning putting the engine back in my car in the fu**en rain and if you'd had as much as we have this year and seen the damage its done to everything (including my car) you'd yell at it too.
You are reading FAR too much into ferbs. Searching for issues

Are you ok bro?

You are reading FAR too much into ferbs. Searching for issues
I don't need to search for issues, they are fairly obvious.

They were all senior players who'd been around a while under Scotts and Shaws.

Anyway you can think what you like about it. They reckon its a free country.

I don't need to search for issues, they are fairly obvious.

They were all senior players who'd been around a while under Scotts and Shaws.

Anyway you can think what you like about it. They reckon its a free country.
What are you even on about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back