Training Training thread

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Welcome to the 2022 reigning premiers training thread.

So far we know squat really except there are some houses in Cranbourne getting a bit of a shake-up to their no-doubt expertly built foundations. According to the website, training is closed to the public at the moment, but this seems no reason not to have a thread devoted to flattering photos and guesswork.

I haven’t heard tell of any injuries so far, and don’t really want to. Actually I don’t even really know anything about who had post season surgeries or whatever. So obviously I am the most qualified person to create and oversee this magnificent thread.

The only thing of vague interest is that someone somewhere (scandals and rumours I guess) posted that they had heard that Max Gawn had a positive PCR on 26 December or there abouts. Don’t know if the sources was reliable but if that is the case, doesn’t seem like a bad time to get the bug and get it done and dusted. Better than missing games through isolation and so forth.

Anyways, let loose with your training news if any - difficult to have a whole lot of information unless you’re stalking around Casey in a creepy manner with binoculars obviously but give it your best shot.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I’ve stuffed the thread cover. Can’t reposition the image on this device. Or I’m doing something wrong. Seems entirely possible.

Never mind. It’s a good image of assorted player teeth

F924C97E-98F1-4BE0-B5AB-2E94812CCF94.jpeg

The only thing of vague interest is that someone somewhere (scandals and rumours I guess) posted that they had heard that Max Gawn had a positive PCR on 26 January or there abouts. Don’t know if the sources was reliable but if that is the case, doesn’t seem like a bad time to get the bug and get it done and dusted. Better than missing games through isolation and so forth.
Also do you mean 26 December? Even that would be weird bc I’m pretty sure he wasn’t in iso for his birthday.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Also do you mean 26 December? Even that would be weird bc I’m pretty sure he wasn’t in iso for his birthday.
Yes I mean 26 December. I only mean it very vaguely though - I’m recalling a post somewhere on BF from probably the most unreliable source on the entire site, and I can only vaguely recall what it said now. I feel as though Boxing Day was mentioned, but it could have been ‘a few days after boxing day’ or could have been anything really.

I regret bringing it up, now

SackLunch

Team Captain
Apr 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
PG, while you’re on a roll, I’m pretty sure one of your fellow mods has already created a pre-season thread…

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I'm glad it's labelled training or I wouldn't have known it was a thread about training.
It’s important to be really clear about these things. Also I didn’t want you mixing it up with the other thread about training

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Yes I mean 26 December. I only mean it very vaguely though - I’m recalling a post somewhere on BF from probably the most unreliable source on the entire site, and I can only vaguely recall what it said now. I feel as though Boxing Day was mentioned, but it could have been ‘a few days after boxing day’ or could have been anything really.

I regret bringing it up, now

I’ve got a mate with a holiday house down at Sorrento. I caught up with him down there on the 3rd of January, which is before I’d read it on BigFooty, and he mentioned “Simon Goodwin had a birthday party at the pub and pretty much everyone got COVID.”.

Goodwin’s birthday is 26 December.

It’s a real life rumour at least, not just a BigFooty made up one.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I’ve got a mate with a holiday house down at Sorrento. I caught up with him down there on the 3rd of January, which is before I’d read it on BigFooty, and he mentioned “Simon Goodwin had a birthday party at the pub and pretty much everyone got COVID.”.

Aha!

I’d reached a point where I’d decided I imagined the whole thing

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

I think there was a snippet in the Herald Sun to. I know someone who was there on the week leading up to Xmas and got it. Not sure if that was a similar time to Goodwin party.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Ok so the MFC website has posted this:

I’ve learned that we are wearing new orange training tops. Gawn is still rocking the long sleeves in the middle of summer and doesn’t look very Covid impaired.

Our video editing has progressed to multi screens of people running which is nice.

I would have enjoyed a bit more vision of our resident bull, Jake Bowey

Everyone except Goody is the rumour I heard.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Everyone except Goody is the rumour I heard.

If that’s true there’s a fair chance Goodwin already had it but was asymptomatic. Hard to believe the birthday boy wouldn’t catch it if it was going around at the party given everyone would be interacting with him.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
It's actually not too bad an idea to infect most of the playing list with Omicron and get it out of the way over Xmas/NY

I think teams will be missing chunks of their 22 throughout this year with COVID positives.

More 4D chess from Goody

True, probably the least disruptive time to get it from a footy perspective.

It will be fascinating to see how AFL teams try to protect against Big Bash style disruptions. I wouldn’t be surprised if a team misses finals because they had to play with a significantly weakened team for a couple of rounds.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
True, probably the least disruptive time to get it from a footy perspective.

It will be fascinating to see how AFL teams try to protect against Big Bash style disruptions. I wouldn’t be surprised if a team misses finals because they had to play with a significantly weakened team for a couple of rounds.
Bet its the dogs. Another version of "we would have won if we didn't have 25 injuries to our best players"

the NFL have a rule now that once you've tested positive for covid you dont need to test for 6 months. Wonder if the AFL will follow that lead.

If so, give everyone covid now.

Back