Training - Weds 18/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you mean not putting in, or looking proppy? Did he get a knock?
Kept coming off, said to Misson that after Sunday he was the sorest he had been in ages. Didn't finish the session.

Was I the only one who thought that after his NAB Cup cameo a few years ago? Always going to be a slow burner at his height and size, but something there.
There's definitely something there. The catch is him putting on size while still keeping his mobility. If he does that he's a real option as the second ruck/forward, once Pedersen retires.

**** me, will we have a team to field? Every campaigner is dying.
The up-in-the-air:
- Lumumba, Brayshaw, Mitch King - def out
- MJones, Watts, Frost - being managed
- Tyson - left early

Literally everybody else got through

Did you hear anything about Watts? or was it just that he didn't do full training?
Didn't hear anything, just wasn't in the main group at all.
Lucky Vince and Pedo didn't get suspended. ANB will kill someone if he doesn't play this week.
Got to have a 5 second word to him, he knows that he's doing everything he can to get picked.

This reads like a stream of consciousness novel
It's how I post training reports. I can't gather my thoughts cohesively enough to develop them into a major post later, there's just too much going on. Besides, it's not like there's much to tell in mid-year training. The biggest issue is the fitness one.

I picked a few players to keep an eye on for 5-10 mins though. Max King was one. Hunt was another, and he's still got more tricks we haven't seen at AFL level...kicked a beauty of a goal on the run from ~45. Newton too, who looks ready to rock in the seniors.

Oh my god I just saw Wagner cleanly pick up the footy
Have you played any level of football Striker475 and Botany Bay 3rds doesn't count,the way you pay out on our young guys is disgraceful and you really haven't got a clue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you played any level of football Striker475 and Botany Bay 3rds doesn't count,the way you pay out on our young guys is disgraceful and you really haven't got a clue
Is that you Wagner? They call it a tongue in cheek joke.

Calm down.

Your posting history suggests you're a Wagner fan. I think we all love the way he's come on, just needs a bit more polish.

Thanks Striker but where abouts is Kent's stress fracture?? could he miss a fair few weeks?

How did Trenners look? id love to see him back in this weekend.
Nah, he said he's putting his hand up to play. Said it was a back.

Trenners looked good. Was over the far side a lot.

As for Watts, he looked ok but was last out first in so who knows. Perhaps a light week?

As an aside, geez the guys were good with the kids/idiots getting their jumpers signed (read yours truly for the latter). Made sure only 2-3 came off at a time so the kids weren't bombarded, happy for photos, questions etc. Maxy picked up a 1-year-old so that mum could actually get a photo with both of them in it. None of them stormed through a la Beamer simply trying to get out of there, all stayed as long as they needed to make sure everyone got a photo/signature.

As an aside, geez the guys were good with the kids/idiots getting their jumpers signed (read yours truly for the latter). Made sure only 2-3 came off at a time so the kids weren't bombarded, happy for photos, questions etc. Maxy picked up a 1-year-old so that mum could actually get a photo with both of them in it. None of them stormed through a la Beamer simply trying to get out of there, all stayed as long as they needed to make sure everyone got a photo/signature.

Next time youre there tell BenKen he's doing us proud and earning his keep unlike that flog Howe who wasted everyone's cash last year.

Next time youre there tell BenKen he's doing us proud and earning his keep unlike that flog Howe who wasted everyone's cash last year.
I told Bugg to keep sticking it up 'em...he laughed.

I told Bugg to keep sticking it up 'em...he laughed.

haha, good s**t, he's been quite the anti campaigner the past couple of weeks, time he got back to doing what he does best. :thumbsu:

Also, a tip...if you want any hope of getting the signatures of everyone, bring a silver marker...the black ones don't show up on the navy but the silver shows up superbly. My #11 now has a mix of the worst (Petterd, Tapscott, Howe, Clark, all signed in 2012) and the best (BenKen, JV, Weid, Bugg, ANB, Stretch) all on the back of one jumper. If you take both a black and a silver - black for the yoke, silver for the navy - you'll do really well.

That or buy an away strip for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back