Training TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Did no one see the Jones injury? Took my little cousin in, since his parents wouldn't and his begged for ages. Jones came off towards the end and was driven by golf cart to their rooms. Have a couple pics but files are to big to post

Did no one see the Jones injury? Took my little cousin in, since his parents wouldn't and his begged for ages. Jones came off towards the end and was driven by golf cart to their rooms. Have a couple pics but files are to big to post
Really? Ancient didn’t mention that. He must have left by then. Hope it isn’t serious - the golf cart thing sounds ominous

Really? Ancient didn’t mention that. He must have left by then. Hope it isn’t serious - the golf cart thing sounds ominous

Was towards the end, last 30 to 45 minutes maybe. Little cousin was spewing since it's his fav player.

Just to add, Oliver looked in exceptional nick. His kicking was sublime and I was actually surprised and impressed with just how much penetration and accuracy he gets with his kicking. Always see him handball in games so didn't realise he had that in his repertoire. Didn't seem to enjoy the fan interaction too much, which was surprising since he is always in trouble with social media. Little cousin had to chase after him to get his signature lol.

Gawn was really put through the paces, I got tired watching him. Was doing some drills for 30 minutes by himself and with the other rucks. Looked super physical and he was drained by the end of it. Had to ruck and win the tap, then sprint and push off an opponent then lead and mark the ball, kick the ball as someone else kicked him another ball then bump and re-enter the ruck, then do the same drill again for like 30 minutes. Then he had to go to the main group and do sprints. Poor Bastard. Reckon he will be AA ruck if he can stay on the park.

Spoke to Viney briefly. Absolute champion of a bloke, reminds me of Dale Morris from the doggies. Happy to talk to the fans and take photos/sign stuff. Nothing seemed to be any trouble for him. He reckons he will be good to go by mid January. Looked in amazing nick, was surprised at how ripped he was in person.

Bernie Vince was also training the house down.

Reckon if you guys can avoid injuries you will be top 4.

Last edited:

I just remembered the other bit of feedback from Ancient. Apparently Balic looked great, holds his own in the main group, very involved, big contributor etc. He also thought Maynard looked good. Ancient can be pretty withering about training at times, so the fact that he seemed upbeat about the group in general looking sharp and switched on is a positive.

Okay so I have quizzed Ancient about training today so here are the things I learned:

Kent and Salem absent - probably hiding from Goody following the great boot camp mutiny. The rehab group included Hogan, Weed, Tommy - also the new dudes were separate from the main group doing some drills with Crossey and Garland, apart from the Casey guy whose name I can’t ever remember how to spell. Is it Fritsch? Anyway he was with the main group. Ancient didn’t see Petracca training at all but he must have done stuff with the rehab group early because he had a nice chat with him as he (Ancient) arrived and Trac was heading back to AAMI. He was shirtless so presumably had been running or something, unless he is just your run-of-the-mill partial nudist.

Hogan and Weed had a sort of goal kicking competition which Hogan won apparently.

It sounds like they were doing the same sort of drills as previous sessions. So they spent some time split into groups of defenders, mids and forwards doing things. Lewis is grouped with defenders at present. Ancient reckons Lever looks excellent, and is very vocal and encouraging and so forth. A very self confident young man.

He also singled out Brayshaw and Oliver for training house down honours. There was lots of running and then some match simulation type drills, moving the ball quickly through the corridor. The general impression was that everyone looked sharp so we had better win lots of things or I’ll get angry.

Apparently McCartney gave Pig a mighty serve for something or other - lots of authentic yelling and “if you don’t like it you can leave” stuff. Don’t know what provoked it, but Hibberd didn’t leave so presumably learned to like whatever it was that needed liking.

That’s pretty much all the detail I have except for the report that the Santa Claus seemed creepy somehow and Daisy was having her photo taken with about a million kids.

Hib looks like your quintessential weekend footballer. Reckon he would much rather be having a parma and pot than training but when it comes to game day he goes as hard as anyone.

I asked Ancient. He said Mitch King was wearing no 1 in the main group - Jesse was with the rehab group for whatever reason today doing a spot of goal kicking practice with Weedy. He wasn’t certain off the top of the head who was wearing 37, but we looked it up just then and it’s Dion Johnstone’s number, so it was probably him.

Thanks PG, Dion looks like a 14 year old kid, super small and skinny.

Mitch looked really good, i know he is a project player but from the little i saw of him looks like he has some skills.

Have to say that jones is amazing, in the sprinting drills he wss always out in front, amazing leader.

I realised i was standing next to Levers dad when shannon burns came up to him and offered to take him for a tour of the facilities, Mr Lever is a pretty big unit.

Hib looks like your quintessential weekend footballer. Reckon he would much rather be having a parma and pot than training but when it comes to game day he goes as hard as anyone.

He is very much train hard, play hard, party hard (mind you the partying is in the off season)

Does this team ever train?

Went through Richmond the other day and didn't notice any properties damaged let alone shaken to their foundations.
Think they are on Xmas break, Trac is showing off his rig in the Maldives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on him for winning it but who gives a crap about running times. Learn how to kick the pill between the big sticks occasionally and you can eat pies all summer for all I care

I do agree with the basis of your argument, for mine a footballer will always overrule an athlete. But running is so important these days in the modern game.

Good on him for winning it but who gives a crap about running times. Learn how to kick the pill between the big sticks occasionally and you can eat pies all summer for all I care
I agree with you sentiment but you can't knock the bloke for obviously putting in the hard yards over the off season

Tmac has been dethroned!

Fair effort from Tmac, he had surgery on at least one ankle and maybe both. Has been on a modified program before Christmas. Great example for the young blokes to follow.

I agree with you sentiment but you can't knock the bloke for obviously putting in the hard yards over the off season

I'm not knocking him Buggs always been up there in the time trials. If it was James Harmes or Jayden Hunt then I'd clap but I'd prefer Bugg learn how to play footy this off season.

I have literally no idea why Melbourne are dragging their feet about appointing you fitness coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back