Training TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Strictly speaking, I think it might be East Melbourne. I don't think Richmond is allowed to leak over Punt Road.
I just checked out Googles Maps and according to its suburb lines, Punt Road Oval is apparently in East Melbourne, so everything I know in this world is clearly a lie ... Of course when you search Punt Road Oval itself, it says it is in Richmond ... so I'm just going to stick to knowing Brisbane and leave it at that.

I just checked out Googles Maps and according to its suburb lines, Punt Road Oval is apparently in East Melbourne, so everything I know in this world is clearly a lie ... Of course when you search Punt Road Oval itself, it says it is in Richmond ... so I'm just going to stick to knowing Brisbane and leave it at that.
In this instance I support Google Maps view of the world. Richmond needs to be contained wherever possible.

Okay so I sent Ancient Demon to Gosch’s Paddock today with instructions to report back.

Whoever it was that drove past and wondered about what looked like players from other clubs amongst the boys - apparently they had some kind of uniform free day. So about half were wearing demons kit and the other half other training gear. He said there were no other AFL club uniforms, but training stuff that could be mistaken for dogs gear or Sydney gear or whatever. Junior clubs of players perhaps, local leagues. Frost was wearing number 37 from somewhere or other, Petracca decked out in purple. Not Freo purple, just purple.

A fair few were missing. Being early days training and no contact, a lot of the drills were a bit lacklustre - but everyone looks to have come back in good shape. Stretch and Nibbler both fit as fleas and dominant in the running. Also noted that this time last year Clarry came back soft and was being drilled relentlessly in running to get into shape, but this year has come back in very good nick and doing everything with the main group no issues. Of course he looks like a big very white dude with a very red face, but that’s his lot in life I’m afraid.

They did some drills in white v green bibs. And we look pretty competitive in a white v green non contact scenario so if a team withdraws during H&A we do have a plan to fill in 40 minutes or so.

Big focus on moving the ballquickly through the corridor, releasing directly on receiving the ball. Ancient reckons Brayshaw looks a million bucks and the highlight of the day was the purple truck taking one of the best marks you’ll see from off balance near miss to a second effort one hander - inches from the ground kind of Mark Waugh slip fielder job. Drew a general round of applause.

No sign of Goodwin. Maybe he’s pining for Wattsy somewhere.

Ancient had a bad moment when suspicious that OMac was hiding a newly grown man bun, but thankfully it turned out to be a wonky crease in his cap. King is apparently a fair bit bigger so room for hope there.

The mystery moment was Viney, vdB and Weed appearing at 11 or so (could have had gym work or physio or sleep in or who knows before) whose task once on the field was to walk the perimeter of the oval a few times. I approve of this because it makes me believe I have what it takes to be elite.

The overarching point is that Petracca is apparently a massive gun and will win premierships, probably lots, as soon as Christmas.

I disagree actually, he made a very poor split second decision that cost him and the team dearly at the worst possible time, therefore I wanted him to front up to training day 1 to start to make amends, which he did. But I don't want him to change anything else, his campaigner-ness is one of his best assets.
He is an arrogant flog who spent more time showboating than actually playing properly. And when he did play he flogged Mills and put his career in jeapody.

Can he play? I think he can. Is he in our best 22? Not if everyone is fit.

Drove passed this morning and noticed a few other jumpers on the field with the boys, a doggies and Richmond one at least. Anyone know what that's about? I didn't get much of a look.

I saw on isntagram harmes and ANB wearing their juniors jumpers

Okay so I sent Ancient Demon to Gosch’s Paddock today with instructions to report back.

Whoever it was that drove past and wondered about what looked like players from other clubs amongst the boys - apparently they had some kind of uniform free day. So about half were wearing demons kit and the other half other training gear. He said there were no other AFL club uniforms, but training stuff that could be mistaken for dogs gear or Sydney gear or whatever. Junior clubs of players perhaps, local leagues. Frost was wearing number 37 from somewhere or other, Petracca decked out in purple. Not Freo purple, just purple.

A fair few were missing. Being early days training and no contact, a lot of the drills were a bit lacklustre - but everyone looks to have come back in good shape. Stretch and Nibbler both fit as fleas and dominant in the running. Also noted that this time last year Clarry came back soft and was being drilled relentlessly in running to get into shape, but this year has come back in very good nick and doing everything with the main group no issues. Of course he looks like a big very white dude with a very red face, but that’s his lot in life I’m afraid.

They did some drills in white v green bibs. And we look pretty competitive in a white v green non contact scenario so if a team withdraws during H&A we do have a plan to fill in 40 minutes or so.

Big focus on moving the ballquickly through the corridor, releasing directly on receiving the ball. Ancient reckons Brayshaw looks a million bucks and the highlight of the day was the purple truck taking one of the best marks you’ll see from off balance near miss to a second effort one hander - inches from the ground kind of Mark Waugh slip fielder job. Drew a general round of applause.

No sign of Goodwin. Maybe he’s pining for Wattsy somewhere.

Ancient had a bad moment when suspicious that OMac was hiding a newly grown man bun, but thankfully it turned out to be a wonky crease in his cap. King is apparently a fair bit bigger so room for hope there.

The mystery moment was Viney, vdB and Weed appearing at 11 or so (could have had gym work or physio or sleep in or who knows before) whose task once on the field was to walk the perimeter of the oval a few times. I approve of this because it makes me believe I have what it takes to be elite.

The overarching point is that Petracca is apparently a massive gun and will win premierships, probably lots, as soon as Christmas.

Excellent.

Viney, Weed and AVB are in rehab I believe.

Excellent.

Viney, Weed and AVB are in rehab I believe.
AVB was recruited to be part of the rehab group

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Work hard play hard all that jazz.

Wonder when Lever comes back? Start of December?
1st to 4th year but finished 5 weeks later than everyone else so yeah, start of Dec seems to add up.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/12/watson's-gawn-warning-never-seen-a-ruckman-look-this-fit/

“Max Gawn was over there and I’ll tell you what, if you’re a Melbourne fan, you’d be very excited about what Maxy might produce next year,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“I have never seen a big fella, a ruckman, who looked as fit as what he looked. He had a singlet on and had just come back from a training session and he has been training the house down.”

It's official, we're causing residential structural damage on multiple continents.

Just read a training report that confirmed it too ... apparently joined in a few running drills and matched it with ANB for a few laps.

But I'll be damned if I'm not going to go ahead and assume that it is 100% because he's grown his beard back.

It's definitely the beard. He is like Samson in that regards. Lose the beard and he loses his form.

Last edited:
from the pictures frosty seems of leaned right up bloke had massive guns last few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back