Training TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wasn't just you mate their were half a dozen I reckon. You can't link his media career with his on field performance. Maybe his media career is one of the reasons he loves footy?

I don't care about having a Crack at players on field but linking his media career means you may as well have a go at Jones for surfing and Hogan for skating etc.
I'll laugh hard if Max decides to cut back on his media commitments next year... You'd be hoping he doesn't, mate. ;)

I think all the criticism was fair game. He was a pain in the arse this year. Lazy, crap attitude on the field. Of course it looks bad when you're laughing it up on media shows and playing like crap on the field. Any player would cop the same scrutiny in that situation. If you're a professional sportsperson, you have to perform to avoid criticism. And maybe that criticism inspired him to pull the finger out and get serious, who knows? In any case, as long as he gets back to his 2016 form, all will be forgiven.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I'll laugh hard if Max decides to cut back on his media commitments next year... You'd be hoping he doesn't, mate. ;)

I think all the criticism was fair game. He was a pain in the arse this year. Lazy, crap attitude on the field. Of course it looks bad when you're laughing it up on media shows and playing like crap on the field. Any player would cop the same scrutiny in that situation. If you're a professional sportsperson, you have to perform to avoid criticism. And maybe that criticism inspired him to pull the finger out and get serious, who knows? In any case, as long as he gets back to his 2016 form, all will be forgiven.
He was injured last year, then returning from a significant injury.

Lazy ... crap attitude ... WTF? I honestly don’t think you really understand what lazy is. For as long as I live I will never understand supporters

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne

Lazy ... crap attitude ... WTF? I honestly don’t think you really understand what lazy is. For as long as I live I will never understand supporters
Settle down, mate. It's an opinion business. I think you are being very defensive. After all the BS I've witnessed from MFC, I'm less forgiving of effort deficits. Max didn't deal well at all with the free kicks he was giving up in the ruck contests. Granted, he had reason to be frustrated, but he was spending time on field sooking it up. It affected his effort level. He took laconic to a new level - injury notwithstanding. If he couldn't put in the effort due to injury, he shouldn't have been playing until he was ready. Maybe he's one of those players who can't play injured. I think Max's funk was a significant part of why we didn't play finals this year. Should have stuck with Pedersen until Max was right to go. He barely fired a shot after returning from injury.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Did you not watch the last 3 games PG? He couldn’t be arsed chasing and his body language was terrible. Remember Oliver giving it to him during the Saints game?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Did you not watch the last 3 games PG? He couldn’t be arsed chasing and his body language was terrible. Remember Oliver giving it to him during the Saints game?
I saw it. But I get triggered by the interpretations as expressed as ‘couldn’t be arsed’ or ‘lazy’. It’s a vast oversimplification and belongs with all the silly phrases from disappointed fans with ‘we didn’t show up’ and ‘they wanted it more’. Max Gawn didn’t play poorly because he was lazy. He certainly didn’t play poorly because he has appeared on AFL TV shows.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I saw it. But I get triggered by the interpretations as expressed as ‘couldn’t be arsed’ or ‘lazy’. It’s a vast oversimplification and belongs with all the silly phrases from disappointed fans with ‘we didn’t show up’ and ‘they wanted it more’. Max Gawn didn’t play poorly because he was lazy. He certainly didn’t play poorly because he has appeared on AFL TV shows.

I’ve already said the media thing was just me melting but he played three terrible games in a row, but if he isn’t even competing like he was in those games are we just meant to give him a free pass and say he is probably injured? Sorry but you can’t run around like that during games and not get criticized for it.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I’ve already said the media thing was just me melting but he played three terrible games in a row, but if he isn’t even competing like he was in those games are we just meant to give him a free pass and say he is probably injured? Sorry but you can’t run around like that during games and not get criticized for it.
I don’t mind him being criticised for it. Or even the selectors playing him - which may or may not have been the right option but certainly justifies debate. I was as furious and disappointed and violently horrified the way our season played out as anyone. Or at least I think I was, given that none of us really know beyond a sample group comprising themselves only. I just react or possibly over-react to the easy cliches like lazy, didn’t want it enough, drinking own bath water etc.

I’m genuinely concerned about 2018 though. Not primarily about poor results, but more that I might totally fly off the handle and never return from orbit if we don’t make finals.

Getting a little testy around here.

Lol, we don't even have anything to melt over yet like a loos to norf or getting smashed round 1 by the cats.

Come the eve of round 1 this place will be like Vesuvius circa AD 79.

michaeljacksomeatingpopcorn.gif

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Getting a little testy around here.

Lol, we don't even have anything to melt over yet like a loos to norf or getting smashed round 1 by the cats.

Come the eve of round 1 this place will be like Vesuvius circa AD 79.

michaeljacksomeatingpopcorn.gif
But I was trying to get the passion out of my system over the next few months so I can have a chance of watching the season with a sense of calm and appreciation of the contest.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Nothing like some bus tracks over the back of your head.
I swear you aren’t so much a poster as a nuclear reaction. The initial impact isn’t the issue, it’s the fallout spanning years that does the damage.

Back to training though, I’m in Dalmeny NSW so couldn’t go and report back here. I hope to swing by next week though, which is when the whole group return so I’m looking forward to that.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I swear you aren’t so much a poster as a nuclear reaction. The initial impact isn’t the issue, it’s the fallout spanning years that does the damage.

Back to training though, I’m in Dalmeny NSW so couldn’t go and report back here. I hope to swing by next week though, which is when the whole group return so I’m looking forward to that.

Cobersation starter is the much shorter version of what you were going for.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Cobersation starter is the much shorter version of what you were going for.
I can promise that Cobersation starter isn’t what I was going for.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
It was a joke davey_magik, lighten up.

Til what til means.
Abbreviation for until. Like Til death do us part, dusk til dawn, lifetime til premiership.

Who is davey_magik?

Back