Training TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The 8 week lay off is the best time for a player to add size in preparation for the pre season. As I said before the younger blokes it's best they put on size knowing the conditioning will improve and "their" size drops. Omac and King are two perfect examples of blokes who can't afford to turn up to pre season without some extra kgs.

Some of you guys make me laugh lol
Kents slimmer because he did his shoulder so can't use the gym
Omac Hannan and anyone else who looks bigger is because they've been eating over the off season and not doing as much running so they've put on size. They'll lose most of it again once pre season training starts
Why would Omac get bigger in the off season? He does his weight training at the club

Last year Watts looked huge in Pre season then by round 1 was the exact size as hes always been
An extract from Salem's thread on the Dees board.
Jones was also impressed to see young footballers such as Oscar Mc Donald, Mitch King and Josh Wagner return in "really elite condition" as preseason officially began this week..... Doesn't seem like over eating got that quote from Jonesy.

Kent looking leaner is literally due to the fact he had a shoulder reco and hasn't been able to do weights for months he's lost strength.
Wouldn’t it be more he looks leaner due to a loss of size/muscle mass not strength? Losing strength is more a byproduct of losing size.

Wouldn’t it be more he looks leaner due to a loss of size/muscle mass not strength? Losing strength is more a byproduct of losing size.

Yeah you got me on that one. Prick lol

An extract from Salem's thread on the Dees board.
Jones was also impressed to see young footballers such as Oscar Mc Donald, Mitch King and Josh Wagner return in "really elite condition" as preseason officially began this week..... Doesn't seem like over eating got that quote from Jonesy.

What lol
All that quote says is they came back under their skinfolds it doesn't say they killed the off season weights program they apparently did and got huge from

Think you’re just arguing for the sake of it Topkent. I like your posting mate but I’d trust guys like saj_21 who know their s**t.

All training posts are appreciated.
I knew you would eventually knife me for a Mod position

All training posts are appreciated.
I knew you would eventually knife me for a Mod position
Neither of you will be mods until you learn to appreciate OMac. Also, Crimson has shortlisted Dr Whoooooo

Neither of you will be mods until you learn to appreciate OMac. Also, Crimson has shortlisted Dr Whoooooo
By 'shortlist' PG means 'lock it in Eddie'

Wallace did his best 18 for us on SEN in 2018.

B: Neville Jetta, Oscar McDonald, Michael Hibberd

HB: Jayden Hunt, Jake Lever, Angus Brayshaw

C: Bernie Vince, Nathan Jones, James Harmes

HF: Mitch Hannan, Sam Weidemann, Christian Petracca

F: Jeff Garlett, Jesse Hogan, Tom McDonald

R: Max Gawn, Clayton Oliver, Jack Viney

Can't say I agree with only two talls down back, Harmes and Vince in the 18 and Weideman starting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I agree with only two talls down back, Harmes and Vince in the 18 and Weideman starting.

Vince is nowhere near a lock for best 18 for mine he has been shaky since the back half of 2016.

Neither is Harmes imo
I'm probably a big supporter Harmes, but he doesn't start on the ground! is best 22 but not yet 18.

And Vince is for sure cooked, and he knew he wouldn't be spending much AFL time next year. Depth or not, Bernie Vince doesn't start ahead of Lewis, even though i rate them almost similar

Guy has no idea. Give me Frost, lose a Weid, and would prefer ANB and Melksham on the wings to Vince who is slow, cooked and can no longer kick and Harmes who is quick, athletic but never could kick.

Vince on a wing, yeh no. Put Frost where Brayshaw is and put Brayshaw where Vince is. Take out Weidemann for Melksham (move Tmac to CHF) and that'd be pretty close I reckon.

Guy has no idea. Give me Frost, lose a Weid, and would prefer ANB and Melksham on the wings to Vince who is slow, cooked and can no longer kick and Harmes who is quick, athletic but never could kick.

ANB is best 18 for mine easily he was our best link up player between midfield and attack second half of the year.

Melksham plays for sure as well he was a gun 2nd half of the year.

I like Frost but he can't be considered a lock for the 18 anymore.

That team appears to be put together by someone who didnt want many Sunday games.

But it highlights a bigger issue. Commentators/pundits really cant see 9 games per week.

So why dont we make use of the fact there are 50,000 journos? Every AFL accredited journo has to watch every game live of 1 team. Each journo has a specialty team, and each group can argue about their team with some actual knowledge.

And every time Tim Watson opens his irrelevant gob about Melbourne people can unanimously agree he has no ******* idea about Melbourne and only has an axe to grind.

That team appears to be put together by someone who didnt want many Sunday games.

But it highlights a bigger issue. Commentators/pundits really cant see 9 games per week.

So why dont we make use of the fact there are 50,000 journos? Every AFL accredited journo has to watch every game live of 1 team. Each journo has a specialty team, and each group can argue about their team with some actual knowledge.

And every time Tim Watson opens his irrelevant gob about Melbourne people can unanimously agree he has no ******* idea about Melbourne and only has an axe to grind.
Funnily enough, on Trade Radio this year, Wallace went into detail about how he does actually watch 9 games a week ... which is pretty impressive around multiple media commitments. But when it comes to that Best 18, Terry is clearly suffering from exhaustion ... bit of a way off the mark there.

Funnily enough, on Trade Radio this year, Wallace went into detail about how he does actually watch 9 games a week ... which is pretty impressive around multiple media commitments. But when it comes to that Best 18, Terry is clearly suffering from exhaustion ... bit of a way off the mark there.
There might be limit to how much footy you can watch and keep what you see meaningful or insightful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back